Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiGB

TifosiGB Rookie

Aug 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    bob bob
    Way better looking than the Pista, I like it...

Odd that they'd break from tradition of two cars of similar shape then full redesign though... Could it be they are calling it the F8 Tributo and a transition car because it's the last V8? - and the replacement will be small V6 turbo hybrid? bringin allignment with f1 tech?...

This may be a significant car.. I suspect there will be a last track version "tributo" and the v8 will die.

Put your orders in......

2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Ok you get dumb post of the thread with that one. The Speciale isn't one tenth of the car the Pista is, sorry. I had a Speciale for 4 years and after driving a friend of mines Pista over the weekend can tell you they aren't even in the same league.

This car doesn't have the Pista's looks either. Like I said in an earlier post, the rear end of this car is getting waaaaay to angular. Lamborghini does angular, Ferrari does voluptuous. Ferrari is forgetting this. And I won't even talk about the interior. This car has the single most ugly interior of any Ferrari I have seen in many years. Seems like they are copying Ford now.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The front end of the Tributo reminded me of a Huracan.

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    For me all of this is nonsense if the car sounds as bad as the 488.

Not sure what I’ll do with my Pista allocation. No interest in this new stopgap car. Nor the poorly designed 812 or Porto.

Am I the only one not interested in any car ferrari has in the lineup?

ShineKen, Glynny, Rosey and 16 others like this.
  5. TifosiGB

TifosiGB Rookie

Aug 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    bob bob
    I'm, with you on the Speciale, wish i'd never sold mine... everything after that is lacking the NA experience..

luis filipe likes this.
  6. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    As many of you know, large OEM's reuse parts from all their models on "new" lineups. Yes, Ferrari has done this for years but it seems to me that they are taking this to another level. So what do I mean? Specifically , the interior; They took the 812 vents and crammed then into the dash of the 488. It has completely interrupted the design flow. Likewise, they crammed the 812 tail lights in the rear. The 430 used the Enzo vents and and both had similar taillights. BUT, the integration of the design seemed to be better executed for those two models. I don't think this is the case with the F8. After I took a closer look at the front end shots, it looks decent and aggressive but they could it is my opinion they should have stopped the body color short of the S-duct (hard to describe in words). Again, the Pista design felt integrated, while this design feels disassociated. I know I have repeated myself from my prior post, but I'm trying hard to like the design but bits and pieces aren't making the most sense. This has me appreciating the design of the 458 even more. I'm not saying it's a superior car, but give credit where credit is due, Pininfarina design is tough to beat. Flame suit on! :D

7. Valerian

Valerian Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2013
    Europe
    Full Name:
    George
    Looks great! Love the rear, especially.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Bravo Ferrari! Great job. Looks like this is going to be a great model for them.

-F

scuderia-seat and G. Pepper like this.
  9. Zlaatan

Zlaatan Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2005
    I really like it except for the shape of the black mesh under the tail lights which doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the car, but other than that it's fantastic imo. One thing I'm scratching my head over is the wheel gap, I know that Ferrari aren't afraid to leave enough room between the fender and the tire to fit a medium sized baby rhino but this looks even worse than usual. The pics seem to have been taken in Maranello as well so there's no shipping blocks involved if that's the case.

10. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom

I think you'll find the V8 isn't going to die as such, more like the end of this type of V8.
    The next platform will be a Hybrid, most likely the top end model being a V8 Hybrid, and the entry level (Dino maybe) being a V6 Hybrid.

I could of course be taking bollocks, but that's the way I see it.

Albert-LP likes this.
  11. TifosiGB

TifosiGB Rookie

Aug 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    bob bob
    No not the only one...I walked away from my Pista allocation, Dont like the Porto or 812... All down hill after Luca di Montezemolo was ousted. :( Although the F8 is the only one to spike my interest since... but after saying that why would i buy that over another Speciale.

Glynny, luis filipe, m5shiv and 2 others like this.
  12. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Smart. Ferrari are a public company now.

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Correct: next platformS will be Hybrid, V6 and V8. No Idea if there will be a Dino, but a V8 hybrid engine is already on the assembly line and a V6 engine started revving at test bench almost one year ago.

ciao

14. ab08

ab08 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2007
    Ferrari's worst era ever. That rear is too weird and without harmony, like the 812 and Lusso. One of the best generations so far was the 07-11, with 458, California, GTO, FF. Ferrari screwed up, not to mention the turbo engines.

x z8, ShineKen, Glynny and 3 others like this.
  15. shazbat

shazbat Rookie

Feb 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ben P
    Superb effort. My deposit was in 2 weeks ago and it will be staying there. Can't wait for Geneva.

Yes it's a facelift but a darn good one and whatever carbon/hybrid monster follows it, i'll have that after this in any case so WGAF !

As an aside, find it really puzzling why people talk about the 720 so much on here. I live 10 minutes from the factory, have mates there and know many people who bought, owned and then got out and a few who rejected successfully as well. I want Mac to get there and they will but right now, anyone who knows anything does not buy a 720, simple (even at the crazy 1 year used prices of 30%+ depreciation). The 720 is not a competitor to the 488 or this car, it doesn't even get out of the starting gate.

elmadi, Twosherpaz and SAFE4NOW like this.
  16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    The front looks amazing. Much better than a Pista which looked like it was grinning

elmadi likes this.
  17. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 11, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Excellent !

18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Portofino is an all new car, a great car. Ferrari V8 cranckcase was the same from 1973 to 2004 (41 years!!). Ferrari is a small carmaker: cannot change everything every four years! Look what Mc Laren and Lamborghini do: Aventador is 8 years old and Gallardo lasted nine years (and Huracan engine is not so much differnet from Gallardo one…)

Keep your Pista!

ciao

BaronM69 likes this.
  19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If you want the normally aspirated experience then buy a Challenge Stradale. You can't use the extra power on the road anyway and it far and away has the best sound (which is what I assume you like about the NA cars).

You also get the bonus of never worrying about depreciation.

20. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    That's their plan. One restyling to fill the two years gap before the real replacement is ready to hit the market.

BaronM69, of2worlds and Doug23 like this.
  21. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Overall I like this design more then both the 488 and the Pista. I also agree that there is something a little off about the rear, specifically the angular back prices just below the tail lights. It actually sorta reminds me of a corvette to a certain extent. It is the first design since the 458 I’ve shown an interest in, not that it matters much since unless there is a drastic change in my current earning capacity I’ll likely never purchase a Ferrari new. But as a car enthusiast it gives me a little hope that maybe Ferrari is starting to gain some ground in designing its own stable but it still feels like they are just redesigning a Pininfarina design. Would maybe have been better if it were a complete redesign. I also think it will have some impact on the Pista and potential resale of the Pista, and it will be interesting to see how many back out of Pista allocations with the reveal of the new car. While many will likely keep their allocations I’m sure there will be some that back out especially since the Pista theoretically isn’t a limited run car.

22. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    So I guess we're not complaining about the door handles anymore...

Like every new model, we love some things, we hate some others. Then we change our minds over time. At the end of the day, no Ferrari is a bad Ferrari.

23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Sigh...Ferrari literally just pulled a McL move. I haven't formed my opinion on the new look yet.

sampelligrino likes this.
  24. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    TheMayor and BaronM69 like this.
  25. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Mondial 8 ?

Marcel Massini

Phil~, cridom60, luis filipe and 3 others like this.