430 Scuderia being converted to manual transmission, video series on YouTube | Page 7 | FerrariChat

430 Scuderia being converted to manual transmission, video series on YouTube

Discussion in '360/430' started by f355spider, Nov 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    TECH SHOWCASE -
    from a pure tech capability perspective this hits many buttons for me.
    Modify a low production holy grail car (for some), to make something f did not do... for whatever reasons.... make it gated.
    A natural progression for them from the gated 430 build.
    .... and make it work!

MOTORSPORTS -
    they must have been on a pretty big deadline..... to not capitalize on the drivers view and performance data for this build....

I want to see:
    1. drivers impressions before after.......
    2. tech data - weight, quarter mile, closed course comparo......
    3. some big name driver impressions......... or not so big drivers ... (I volunteer!)

VALUE -
    I'll leave this debate to others with more skin in the game......
    the builder, the buyer, and those who are fortunate enough to own a scud.

EMOTION -
    this build makes me smile ear to ear.... to see such a rare car modified in a way that would suit me..... makes me happy.
    the builder takes a big risk putting this out there in today's social media...... as the anonymity of a keyboard turns people into loudspeakers..... I'm guilty of this and try to self adjust after a walk around my house :)...... I would suggest a certain level of civility in this 'upper tier' marque forum. :)

cheers car people! have a super day..... and enjoy this hobby, don't stress too much... and I can't wait for EAG's next creation. They have shown a bold hand and I respect it!

ShineKen and cpep like this.
  2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    perhaps the new owner will join up and share some track vids........ in a way this conversion makes it more likely we'll see this car used on a track somewhere instead of hid away in a vault somewhere only to be seen with the mist of a latte at cars and coffee......... I HOPE a track enthusiast bought this girl!

3. rennspeed

rennspeed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 4, 2007
    Full Name:
    Rennspeed
    $220K is what the buyer paid, I believe there is an 8% commission charged the seller so the seller would net $184K if the hammer price was $200K

4. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    If someone wanted a track toy where track times matter, why would they buy a converted-to-manual Scud? Doesn't make sense to me - regular Scud would be far better. Faster quarter mile, etc. The regular Scud would win all technical comparisons - the converted-to-manual would only stand a chance on the driver involvement/engagement subjective side of things. This is more for the canyon, mountain driving enthusiast, who enjoys the beauty of performing the perfect heel-and-toe downshift etc. Just MO.

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Oh I would rock this on a track all day.

Having driven flappy paddles and 3ped cars on track I prefer the 3 pedal.

But I’ll leave that debate for the 100 other f1 vs mt posts.

Hope to see a real enthusiast get this !!

Freddan and 360trev like this.
  6. sgfreak96

sgfreak96 Karting

May 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I’m one for leaving the special edition cars alone and stock, thinking of Scud getting modified this heavily kinda bothers me and definitely harms the value too. Little odd they thought they could get a ton for it and got all cocky about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I’m hoping this will get at least 1 scud on a track instead of the cars and coffee circuit.

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    That's an interesting point here though, it can be reversed if so desired. It's not invasive and it provides consumers with a choice. I'm all for that.

Furthermore the conversion parts aren't even aftermarket, all genuine factory parts so it's literally like fitting a factory sports exhaust and seats which where options retrospectively.

They can be swapped back and actually the chassis was designed to work with gated from the start including ediff etc. In fact it automatically recognizes it's in manual mode and reconfigures itself! It's built in! This conversion is as close as you can get to a factory built one off.

I'm still glad it exists and would love a drive to compare it to my creation which took me over a decade to create with a virtually identical power to weight as this. If this would have existed when I started my project i would have just purchased this!!

catdog and sgfreak96 like this.
  9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    30% Of 991.2 GT3’s are manual. Why do so many scoop up this car? I have a buddy in Australia who just purchased one and tracks it all the time. He also has a paddle-shift (single-clutch) Superleggera, which he also tracks. He is much more in love with the Porsche and mainly because of the manual driving experience. People wouldn’t be buying a “slower” version of the same model for the same price (in some cases a premium) if they didn’t feel it was more fun. At the end of the day, for most, it is about having fun and challenging yourself, not a penis measuring contest. If one only cared about track times, the Scuderia is the wrong car to be in. There are cheaper and faster alternatives.

one4torque and 360trev like this.
  10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I also have doubts a manual Scuderia being MUCH slower than an F1 Scuderia on the track driven by competent drivers.

Here’s a Best Motoring (Japan) video displaying an RSD tuned manual Ferrari 360 (Street Car) vs. an F1 360 Challenge Car driven by professional drivers in race format.

Here’s another favorite video of mine: RSD Tuned Manual Ferrari 360 vs. a Tuned R35 GTR, which has all the bells and whistles of modern technology. I would much prefer the visceral driving experience of the manual 360 over the slightly faster, but mundane experience of the paddle-shift GTR.

So is there a place for a manual car on the track in this day and age? You be the judge.

360trev and one4torque like this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Uh oh. Looks like a track vid is on the way. Stay tuned!

360trev likes this.
  12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Oh man—-/. Popcorn ready!!! Subscribed. Ready to see some epic content... not sure how anyone can call themselves a car nut wo at least some interest in such a thing such an epic one off THING!

360trev and ShineKen like this.
  13. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Modfiying a car to make it "better" or "cooler" is a person's prerogative. I guess the 1962 Lusso I looked at about 15 years ago was a deal at $60,000. The guy had improved the car by putting a chevy engine it it. :)

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    There are always good and bad examples of personalization of anything from houses to cars, to furniture to clothes. You don't live in a castle these days without windows and central heating yet they didn't come with them originally! It's waaay to simplistic to take a position that all modified Ferraris are worse. Worse for what exactly and for whom?

Similarly just because Ferrari had a limited range of vehicles and budget (and at the time technology availability) it could utilize to make the 430 Scuderia it doesn't necessarily mean they are worse for it by being upgraded. Any car in fact can be improved on but every car is a compromise so depends on what your focus is and what your intended use is.

My 360 is vastly better to drive in every aspect than any other 360 I've ever driven, including the F430 and it's as quick as a well driven Scuderia and 458. It isn't more comfortable, it isn't more everyday useable and it feels a lot more aggressively setup than factory offerings for a more raw driver focused appeal, some drivers would hate the fixed bucket carbon Kevlar seats and the lack of sound deadening but hey that's the compromise I chose and I am very happy with it.

///Art likes this.