Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA | Page 32 | FerrariChat

Just sold my Ferrari to buy more TSLA

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JERRYZ, Feb 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    So he is a great salesman...

But are any of those 4 companies worth combined as much as apple? NOPE. So its a really really stupid comparison which I have no idea why you are bringing it up right now.

Musk has more corporate leadership experience than anyone in America? really? More than gates? More than buffet?

Have you seen Elon Musks twitter account?

put some ice in that tesla koolaide you are about to overheat

randkin likes this.
  2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ohh i need to grow up? You are the one quoting acceleration times of cars that aren't even being built yet and are last on musks list. Yes he has a list and it is last on it.... good thing he already took those deposits though.

3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My P85D was not very reliable which is why I got rid of it. It wasn't even delivered in good condition

4. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    AAPL was founded in 1976 and you want to compare their growth to companies started in the 2000's? I believe TSLA will eventually exceed AAPL but that is just speculation. Yes, Steve Jobs founded 2 companies with $1B market caps, Musk has 4. And he's far younger so you can't compare the lifelong achievements of an older man to that of a younger man. When Steve Jobs was 46, Elon's current age, AAPL was just beginning it's comeback and was worth FAR less than Elon's companies are worth today.

Yes, Musk has 51 years of corporate leadership. Gates has 44 years. Buffet is an investor not a business operator.

I don't follow twitter but I do like that he is unorthodox.

BOKE likes this.
  5. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    And no response to the 2.3 seconds......

BOKE likes this.
  6. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Obviously a young company will have growing pains. Consumer Reports Customer Satisfaction Survey consistently has Tesla at the top of the survey and they are in first place by a wide margin.

BOKE likes this.
  7. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    True. The owners like them despite the reliability issues. However Consumer Reports still pulled their recommendation for the model 3.

https://mashable.com/article/tesla-model-3-consumer-reports-recommendation/

Reminds me of Jag, back in the day. Had very poor quality but ppl kept buying them and rating them highly as they were a status car.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tesla cars. I'm an electrical engineer, so I must. However, Musk's arrogance that his plant would run circles around the likes of Toyota made me laugh. I've built cars. Building cars, especially new models, is hard. The existing players will have a fraction of the issues when they decide to get serious about this, for now, niche market.

8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I don't have a dog in this fight. My wife liked the look of the Tesla S a couple years ago so we took it for a test drive. In the end I didn't think it was the right car for her, and she agreed (later ended up with a Porsche Panamera). There's a famous museum here in the Boston area called the Larz Anderson Auto Museum (https://larzanderson.org/). I just received an email from them regarding an upcoming discussion event. The email is below. The 2nd and 3rd paragraphs really surprised me because I has no idea Musk was such an asshat. Here's the email -

Rich Rebuilds: The Dr. Frankenstein of Teslas

Thursday, March 28, 2019

You may have seen local Massachusetts’ resident Rich Benoit on his YouTube channel, Rich Rebuilds that has over 400,000 subscribers and millions of views, where he chronicles his endeavors in repairing and transforming electric vehicles. Rich is taking the world by storm as the “Dr. Frankenstein of Teslas.” His most infamous project was successfully rebuilding a flooded Tesla Model S with parts from a second totaled Tesla, for a grand total of $6,500, making what he considers the world’s cheapest Tesla.

While Massachusetts has the country’s only Right to Repair law, meaning that auto manufacturers are required to provide the same information to independent repair shops as they do for dealer shops, Tesla falls outside the definition of a traditional dealership and even discourages individuals from repairing their own vehicles. Benoit and others like him are forced to salvage parts from junkyards, flood, fire damaged, and totaled cars.

“It definitely goes against Tesla’s mission statement, but if there’s any issue with one of their Teslas and only they can fix it and no one else can, it sits in a field for years. How is that sustainable?” Benoit told Motherboard. Benoit is seeking to make a change and even hopes to continue to educate the public on electric vehicles and open his own repair shop for the Tesla community.

Do you agree with Rich Benoit? Should there be a change in policy or should car manufacturers be allowed to keep their intellectual property under wraps? Join us for a night of rousing discussion and a chance to learn more about Rich’s astonishing adventures!

A must attend event for all new age hot rodders

and car guys of all stripes!

This is a free community event. Suggested donation of $10.

Doors open at 6:30pm | Presentation at 7:00pm

BOKE and randkin like this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

10. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    You're Hilarious

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

The man has been trolling for ages on this thread not even sure why this post still exist.
    Funny enough he hasn’t commented on munsk announcements of layoffs last night, and closing of dealerships to move to all online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA likes this.
  12. TooTimidAndCheap

Jul 19, 2015
    JerryZ,. What is your cost basis in TSLA? You made a great trade... Are you still holding on?

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Porsche hasn't been tested. However, they are saying that it is faster.

One thing I absolutely know is the car can go around a race track without going into limp mode... however your model S can't. It limps its way around the track after hard use

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    thats because tesla is in its honeymoon phase with all of its cult like following. Once regular consumers get there hands on the cars... its going to be tough.

Also, I wouldn't tout consumer reports... well actually Im glad you did because they JUST TOOK TESLA OFF the RECOMMEND LIST for crap reliability and build quality! HAHAHAHAHAHA

randkin likes this.
  15. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Quite the opposite this is a great value to add more. The world has said from day one they would never be able to build a car for $35k that can go long distance. This has been the goal from the beginning. It is a major landmark in the auto industry history and an incredible achievement.

BOKE likes this.
  16. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    What part of Tesla outselling Mercedes and BMW for the class of cars they sell is hilarious? The part that the Germans can't reverse this trend?

BOKE likes this.
  17. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Selling cars on line is obviously a way to cut costs and get to the magical $35k pricepoint for a long range EV. It's now cheaper to own than a comparable Merc or BMW. This is a major moment for the automotive industry.

BOKE likes this.
  18. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    I've been buying since Nov 2012 starting at $31. I added more at $33, $35, $56, $178 and more recently at $312. I rolled my 401k into it. I am personally loaded up on it although I would not advise anyone else to do so.

showme1946 and BOKE like this.
  19. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    You are correct about Model S limping on the track, it was not engineered to track. Who would want to track a 5,000 lb car????? But the car is built for street miles and that is where it leaves EVERY other car in its dust off the line. Porsche has never said it is quicker and in fact it is not. Now, if you want to track a Tesla wait until the Roadster hits the road next year. It will be built to track and it will crush every other car on that track.

BOKE likes this.
  20. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    They took the Model 3 off the list, not the other models. Model 3 is a brand new car and they are working the kinks out so of course it wouldn't be recommended yet. Same happened to Model S and they worked the kinks out and now Model S is again CR's favorite car.

BTW, there is no honeymoon phase with a Tesla. 99% of us love it forever, I'm 6+ years into my honeymoon. I'll say it again, driving a Tesla is like using a smart phone vs. a Blackberry. There's no going back.

BOKE likes this.
  21. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Ahh... so... racing to 60mph in 2.3 seconds is not racing because its not. But going around a track is. Ok lets do the 0-60 twice then a 40-80mph roll then see what happens. How about lets go from 40 mph and beyond. Plenty of other faster cars. The tesla is a one trick pony.

Who wants to track a 5k pound car? Well who wants to street race luxury sedans?

Do your arms get tired from moving the goal posts all the time?

So you know what the taycan does 0-60 in? Really? thats incredibly interesting. Do tell us exactly how fast it is. you are a complete tesla-tard,

Ohh and here comes the roadster talk... its going to be built to do the track? Ok... sure... lets here the excuse when that thing weighs in at 5500 pounds and cant turn.

Also, RIMAC exists and is faster than any tesla. So there.

randkin likes this.
  22. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    This whole thread is about one guy being so infatuated with Elan Musk and Tesla that he can’t or won’t see any prejudice to his positions and outrageous comments. What is even more absurd is that each of us responding has been sucked into commenting on his ridiculous ramblings.

This thread needs to die an unnatural death and those of us who have been frustrated with obviously over the top statements need to find something else to do. I think hear my sock drawer calling me in desperate need of a sorting session. :D

AD211 likes this.
  23. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    It's very simple, Model S is a street car where I do 99.9% of my driving. I'm guessing 99% of most peoples driving is on the street. So yes, it is fun to be the first off the line. Gives me a smile every time. And thanks for bringing up Rimac, it is all electric ICE has been left behind for dead except for antiques..

24. JERRYZ

JERRYZ Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2004
    Orange County, CA
    Please point out which of my comments is outrageous. I actually post facts.

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical