Sold - 2010 California Best Offer over $80k | FerrariChat

Sold 2010 California Best Offer over $80k

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by anunakki, Feb 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    More than a decade ago, I bought an F355 Spider, which started my lifelong love affair with Ferrari. Over the years, I've traversed the contemporary model range, culminating in my ownership of this California.

I opted for the California over a ME Ferrari because I wanted a fun car that's also everyday user-friendly; something I could drive on more than just special occasions. The California seemed like the perfect compromise for practicality. But the joke was on me! It's still every bit of a Ferrari as its contemporary alternatives - low, sleek, throaty, lots of oomph, and one of the last V8s still designed by Pininfarina. But with the comfort of the leather Daytona seats, and the ease-of-use automatic top, combined with the California's everyday drivability, I found myself driving it way more often than my daily driver.

The specifics you want are as follows... this 33,000-mile 2010 California F1 2+2, of which I am the second owner, is liveried in PPG's Rosso Corsa Fer. 322, and the interior is upholstered in Ferrari's signature tan leather, which does have some minor wear over 33k miles. The still-supple tan leather is contrasted by red stitching, as is the beige leather lower dash area; the upper dash, upholstered in black leather, is also stitched in red, and features aluminum trim around the air vents. The aluminum central bridge sits at the front of the red-stitched tan leather center console. The foot wells and central tunnel are carpeted in the same color - beige - and the factory mats are also the same color.

The steering wheel is full black leather with red stitching (no LEDs), with a black leather racing stripe at 12 o'clock; behind it on either side are aluminum paddles, and it's easy to see the bright red tachometer in the back. The center buttons (PS-R-AUTO) are sticky and if that bothers you, they will need to be refinished. Its never bothered me, so I havent done it.

The fenders are wearing the classic Scuderia Ferrari shields, which are a nice color contrast to the chrome five-spoke star-shaped wheels, behind which are big, red, six-piston calipers that sharply bite into carbon ceramic discs. The lips of the wheels - the rims/edges - have a couple of scuffs. And by a couple, I mean two. The right front wheel has a scuff on the lip, and the left back wheel has a scuff on the lip. They're not awful, but they're not perfect, so it bears mentioning.

The front lip, fender grilles, and rear segment, are all wrapped in a matte carbon fiber finish, which provides a subtly unique look, but can be easily removed. All of the standard Ferrari center caps on the wheels are in perfect condition, and the chrome exhaust tips are flawless and gleaming. This car was ordered new from the factory with front and rear parking sensors, satellite radio, the shields, the red calipers - everything except the chrome wheels and the carbon fiber accents.

The nose of the car has a few paint chips - and by a few, I mean I found three after a close and thorough inspection. I had clear bra on the car, but it began to jaundice after a few years, so I had it removed and the hood resprayed as there was some oxidation under the wrap. The stone chips are from the last few thousand miles. They're not egregious, maybe the size of a pinhead - but I would've been the pinhead if I didn't drive it just to protect the paint! Within the last two months and 100 miles, I had the fluids flushed and changed.

So if I love it, why am I selling it? Same reason I told my 360 before the California, same reason I sold my 355, etc. - because I like a variety. And after owning this car for several amazing years, it's time for something different. But this car needs nothing; it's ready for a new owner and a new home, and new adventures.

- Power Daytona Seats
    - All Original Books
    - Service Records during my ownership (No Majors since my buying it in 2014)
    - Original Tools
    - Both Keys

- Also would like to note that over the past 5 years and 15k miles nothing has gone wrong on this car.

- Best Offer Over $80k as I have an offer from a dealer for $78k and selling to a dealer is way easier than selling to an individual, so if the offer isnt over $80k I may as well sell to the dealer.

I have 80 images but only going to post a few. Anyone that wants all of them let me know and they will be sent to you via WeTransfer.

Contact info - [email protected]

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    #3 Parnelli, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
    I'm curious....is that $78K offer from the dealer a cash offer or is it a "trade-in" towards one of their car offers?

Natkingcolebasket69 and anunakki like this.
  3. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #4 anunakki, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
    Cash offer.

4. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  5. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    Beautiful car.

GLWS.

Did those wheels come from the factory that shiny or were they plated by an aftermarket company?

They're a stock wheel design, they just look shinier than others I've seen.

Thanks.

anunakki likes this.
  6. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    No idea. It was that way when i got them.

yamashek and toggie like this.
  7. anunakki

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Car is Sold. Thanks for playing

ralfabco and Texas Forever like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

GLWS - a lot of car for thé money; any transmission issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk