Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    so saved a $200k
    so how much are they???

2. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Oh, lol, I was really speaking to the Spider Variation on the Speciale ... but they are very proud of them in the secondary market. :(

markcs likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm not sure that's the reason for Mac depreciation. I think its they make to many cars and make cars without orders that dealers sell directly. Why buy a used one when a dealer will give you a new one with 50 grand off.

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The new ebay LED Angel-eye taillight-look on these new Ferraris will never grow on me.

5. yidefuren

yidefuren Rookie

Sep 4, 2009
    Looks even more like the Aventador S front
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The Huracan, which has a V10 engine, has been doing well this season. Obviously you don’t follow racing.

Daytona 24 hours race!

7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Ferrari's in-house design team seems to be suffering from an acute case of McLarenitis....

babgh likes this.
  8. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    look at the fxxkevo front

9. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    For buyers in my class, we have to spend an extra $50-100,000ish worth of loss on a Lusso/Portofino for the privilege of spending big money on a Pista.

Mbutner, MANDALAY and ScottS like this.
  10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I didn’t have to buy a Lusso or Porto.

11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    You aren’t in my class. You are in an upper class. I’m jealous. I wish I were in that class, but wishing for something doesn’t make it so. The only new Ferrari I have ever purchased is an 812 that is scheduled for an April 2019 build. I was offered a Pista were I willing to purchase a Lusso/Portofino first. I imagine others in my class were given that option and gladly accepted. I did not.

12. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    The front looks great; the back looks like a Lotus...the interior is very ordinary and actually worse than the 488's in my opinion. I am not upset getting my Pista at all...never intended to make money off of it. Pista will be a special car for years to come; it looks and feels more exclusive than the F8.

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Nope. I thought the same exact thing. I think the base 488 looks better than that busy front and rear bumper. The Pista is hands down a lot better looking imo. This is too "try hard" imo.

bobw, sampelligrino, ShineKen and 2 others like this.
  14. Suborbital

Suborbital Karting

Apr 25, 2018
    Fallbrook, Ca
    The side scoop still kills me, on both the 488 and F8, looks like the 458 is going to stay in the garage a little bit longer. I was really hoping we were going to get this...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bmill, Mbutner and Frenzisko like this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    We are expecting an F8 'Spider' later this year, looking at the Lexan rear will it be possible to somehow keep that ,so that it ends up on top of the retractable roof+ engine,ala 488 Spider?

Lexan is super cool ,would be a shame to lose it.

16. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I feel like this is an episode of the "emperor has no clothes! lol. This is a refresh of a refresh and most people here are excited?? It looks like a 488 with a body kit and boost! It also has touches of so many other cars in it. What a coincidence that it has similar engine specs as the 720s. From these comments I now know Ferrari could put a Ferrari shield on a yugo and most will Love it. Imo this is a stop gap car in response to competition. Instead of an all new design you get this. No new tech, new bumpers, interior basically the same and it will devalue the 488 and Pista immediately. Put some stripes on this and most non car guys wont be able to tell the difference between a Pista from a distance. Imagine if Mclaren on a plastic window on the back to save weight? Many here would be ripping it.

I think the next completely redesigned replacement will be the one to get. But Ferrari will most likely sell everyone of these which is not a good thing for innovation. imo

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I LOVE MY 488 GTB, so on our side frankly the higher the price of the F8 the better for us :) Because if that is the case the F8 will be starting at 50% more than the 488 GTB making it over $700k but I don't believe it will be that high as the PISTA is around $650 k start

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    One poster earlier ,Davide, had info from a big Italian dealer that it would be only +3% over the 488.

19. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Another subjective bumbling Ferrari advocate with rose-colored Ferrari glasses. Ferraris have their issues as well. And the latest McLarens...720S, Senna, and 600LT are serious contenders to the 488/Pista/F8. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2-year old 720S STILL outperforms the F8. Ferrari is competing with yesterday's technology with these hasty facelifts...

Seriously, after all this time, they only match McLaren's 720S' hp?? This car should have demolished the 720S in its tracks. Yet, we have many Ferrari enthusiasts on this thread already rolling their eyes on the design and somewhat awkward design angles. A slam dunk design would have been the reception the automotive press conveyed when the 458 was released in 2010.

LosCules and SoCal to az like this.
  20. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    WTF happened to Forza Scuderia? He posted 1,256 posts telling us how cool this F8T would be and nothing since Tuesday night - man up and vanished like fart in the wind!!

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I love my 488 GTB also because it looks more mature and clean. All those little parts make it busy and somehow looking like added kits.

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

I think be got a ban

markcs likes this.
  23. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    LIKE X2

24. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    The design has some improvements as well as some major distractions. It looks like the designers worked mightily hard on the rear end ultimately resulting in an overwrought design with its dual headlights that reminds me of Wall-E in the Disney movie. The side and front changes though more modern in its design speak don’t seem to have the aero functionality of the Pista and appear more of a “me too” change reminiscent of other makers super cars. They should have left the interior alone until the new replacement came along. The round vents are not harmonious.
    Overall a mild disappointment but I kind of expected that of any refresh.
    I await the true replacement and hope FERRARI returns to the sexy but functional design roots that all other supercar designers aspire to but have not achieved

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

boogie likes this.
  25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Perhaps. I just said no.
    But your 812 should have opened a door. I’d change dealers, regardless of distance thingy rule that gets violated a lot.