Pista or Refresh | FerrariChat

Pista or Refresh

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by doccharlie954, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. doccharlie954

doccharlie954 Formula Junior

Jul 27, 2010
    Brother in law has a spot for the Pista. Here's the dilemma, should he stick with the Pista or order the refresh and bow out on the Pista . Thanks

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Pista should always be worth more...

Robb

09Scuderia likes this.
  3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    depends, pista will hold its value better f8 will be similar to drive but more sedate and will take longer before he gets a physical car (most likely)

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    avoid both, buy a CS, and reassess in 24 mos

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    F8 I think is going to get destroyed long term if value is what you re looking for. I think Pista is unique and will do much better long term. But as tt said, Id wait for the actual replacement and buy something else.

6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Pista without a doubt. Rarer, more special, prettier and faster I bet.

Which should you have bought in retrospect in 2004, a Challenge Stradale or a 430 coupe?

I rest my case.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how many f8s will be made?

8. ItalianOne

ItalianOne Formula Junior

May 21, 2008
    Mich
    Full Name:
    Kevin R
    I am hearing that there are no more tours of the V8 line cause the F8 are starting production. Also that the pista is going to more limited then people thought initially since Ferrari is introducing a few new models in the coming years. Is there any truith to this?? As mark says I think the Pista is going to be rarer, more special and prettier and faster.

9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I think the price difference between the F8 and Pista is a knowable factor.

Production numbers for each car is less transparent.

How many years will the Pista run vs the F8?

And then how will the upmarket V8 hybrid affect the value of the Pista. The Pistas claim to fame is its performance. When that is eclipsed, which I’ll wager will happen with the new hybrid V8 turbo, the value of the Pista will soften.

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My rule: If the choice between an older hardcore version and a newer regular version, always go hardcore!

Doesn’t just apply to Ferrari. Huracan Performante over Huracan Evo, 675LT over 720S, and Pista over F8.

11. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    100%

12. Steph355au

Steph355au Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    From what's been said the V8 hybrid will sit at the top of the Ferrari range well above the Pista price. If anything it might make the Pista look like good value.

If it was me I’d stick with the Pista. It’s the last chapter in a series of special edition V8s stretching back to the CS and as such will always command a premium.

13. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    The engine is not the same. Despite similar stats. Look at the RPMs needed to achieve peak torque. Pista is challenge engine F8 is a modified 488. If that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Pista has 50% of the base 488 engine.It has Turbos and exhaust plus other items from the Challenge engine.Don't know exact details of F8 so far.

Igor Ound likes this.
  15. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Here is an alternative POV.
    This car only has a 2 year run, the same as a Pista. All the people that buy the latest greatest already got Pistas and it will still be a new car for most of the production run of the F8 and for the rest it would make more financial sense to wait for the all new V6 hybrid. There might just be less demand for the F8 than anticipated and maybe after all is said and done there might be less F8s produced than Pistas!

theplanner likes this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    You may well be right. They talking around 4700 Pista/Pista Spider plus they are still cranking out the Portofino and the V12's .Total production is what +/- 10000 pa?

17. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    Little bit less than 10000. it was 8400 in 2017 that increased in 2018 by a few percent.

Gesendet von iPad mit FerrariChat

18. Silberpfeil

Silberpfeil Karting

Jan 2, 2016
    Lucerne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Marc Brunner
    And they are selling Portofinos like Croissants right now.

Gesendet von iPad mit FerrariChat

Jelial likes this.
  19. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Just be careful of the word last here

sampelligrino and SoCal to az like this.
  20. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Which should you have bought in retrospect in 2004, a Challenge Stradale or a 430 coupe?

So true, nothing to argue...

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yes but dont forget production numbers...CS 1200 Pista 4700 ish?

22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wrong. According to my dealer (largest in the nation) the Pista engine is 90% challenge engine. According to several Challenge drivers it is the most “challenge like” car they have street driven ....much more so than either the Speciale or Scuderia were.

23. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Ummm , who exactly is “they’re”? That’s the biggest load of ********* I’ve ever read.

My dealer (again, by volume at his two seperate F dealerships) is the largest in the nation. His “best guess” based on allocations is 2500 TOPS. And 40% tops make North America. Less than Speciale because of a smaller calendar time allotted to their run.

But go ahead.... believe “They’re” whoever “They’re” (read- your imagination) is.

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No doubt your dealer is better informed than i am ,no doubt its a monster engine.

dmark1 likes this.
  25. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My bet it’s pretty close to the same engine without the titanium connecting rods and iconel exhaust to save a bit of money.

I predict the new car will sell right at 400k optioned putting it squarely between thev488 and the Pista.

nads likes this.