Speciale Market | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    Thanks Guys - not sure i like the interior either against red.... so probably kills this one. Looking for solid pristine low mile CR Speciale but want to stay around $350K. I will keep looking.

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It is painted Rosso Scuderia, not Rosso Corso, so, know that. To me RS vs RC, RS looks like 'faded red' when directly compared side-by-side. So, I would say visit the car first unless you already know RS and it is what you want. And, the Blue leather is different too, many prefer Alcantara seats/dash.

3. footUNDER

footUNDER Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Doug Hudson
    great point on Red color differential... thank you for pointing that out.

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Definitely can get 3-5k mile Speciale for $350k ish...
    Mine had 3400 miles, $340k

Sent from my 16M

NSXLuvr likes this.
  5. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What was your car’s original MSRP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    You couldn’t get my Speciale for anything near that...just saying the future of the Speciale is VERY promising especially in this market where Ferrari continues to build very little model differentiation between current models and these current models are not moving the lines (like the 458 did). Another thought is that there is a difference between launch spec and a spec that is harder to find (say a black roof option and Argento instead of RC and a NART stripe). Carbon fiber options do make a difference to those who like the look over black plastic regardless of what people say. I personally would never buy a Speciale with a black plastic engine bay or rear diffuser regardless of the money “saved”.

F12JAJ likes this.
  7. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Why'd you part with her? Just making room in the stable?

8. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    I have been looking a few weeks. Some ramblings and questions on my part.

1. Does Resale Red still apply to such a Niche market? I like Yellow but friends have advised me to stick with Red since its my first Ferrari.
    2. Are the Red Alcantara seats considered better than Leather sport seats? For resale, durability and comfort.
    3. The Atlanta car is listed as Rosso Dino and Rosso Scuderia on different sites. They need to get their act together. That interior is a bit of a let down plus it comes with only one key. Any idea how much it would cost to have another key made?
    4. Are there any must have options?

I am leery to buy the <1K mile car as I wonder what 4 years of not driving has done to the engine/Gearbox. I would prefer a 3-5K mile car instead.

Thoughts/Comments appreciated.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You should buy what you like, esp at these prices which likely won’t go down if much, ie you can sell yellow or red or pink and be ok later.
    Leather is a preference and personally I like it better, seems like a more rare spec also.
    Have the dealer add the key at their cost. Not negotiable imo. Make them do it.
    Lifter, stripes.
    I wouldn’t worry about mileage as the 458 has proven to be magnificent.

10. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Not to mention the car is having annual service done, so fluids are being updated and car run some for each of those annual services...

As for color, get what you prefer, not your friends...unless they are going to pay for it of course ;)

Yellow Speciale's don't stay on the market long, they seem to be popular color choice...

at this moment, there is an outstanding 2015 Yellow (3500 miles) with leather interior + lifter+stripes at SanFran Ferr. dealer... on market for past week or so, probably won't last long {if you listen carefully it is calling your name :) }

11. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yep, time to move on after 4 years. Have a Pista and a 488 Spyder on order along with a Lambo Perf , so room was needed. The FGT was the only one that survived the cuts.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    All depends on your preferences. If you want the launch spec with red and blue/white stripe, you will have more options to choose from. I would be more patient and wait for a spec that has what you want. Other common specs are red with dual black stripes, white with dual black stripes, and yellow with dual black stripes.

If you want another spec, then you may have to wait a lot longer or sacrifice some options. Note, I would depriorotize carbon fiber. Carbon fiber is not difficult to add aftermarket if desired.

13. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Thank you for the details! Beautiful car. I'm in the market for a Speciale ... ;)

14. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My old one is at Boardwalk and I can vouch for it to be a completely trouble free, no stories perfect car. The paint correction that I did on it with a guy that regularly does Pebble Beach stuff was over 2500 but makes the paint on this particular Speciale better than ANY other Speciale I have ever seen (no ****, no hyperbole). BETTER.

Attached Files:

BigJay2050, footUNDER and of2worlds like this.
  15. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    nice diavel!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

16. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    Interesting....

17. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Thx. Your Ex - car is the reason I am shopping for speciales!! Damn it! I was in Dallas shopping at furniture and a friend texted me saying there is Speciale at Boardwalk that perfect for you. So I drove over to take a look. Sat in it. Started her up. My GF wasn't too amused since I bought an RS 15 months ago but I am talking to Philip A. about it.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Shhhhh ;-)

19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    She is a great car. She spent her entire life in a heated marble floor hangar next to my Citation and FGT. She's never seen rain or even mist for that matter.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Avia11, BigJay2050, NSXLuvr and 2 others like this.
  20. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

If you want a very unique spec this is definitely one of them. Also has shield delete. There’s a video on DailyDrivenExotics where he walks through this exact car in detail. In 2017 this car was stuck at Ferrari of Austin for 6 months struggling to sell. Then it was offloaded on to Ferrari of Seattle who then listed it for $40K over what Austin listed it for. It sold in a month. Now it seems that owner has traded it or consigned it again with Ferrari of Seattle. It’s being listed for about $30-$40K over the previous listing.

Interesting to see.

21. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Interesting, but makes absolutely no sense. Lack of a stripe is a definite hit to retaining value in these cars. Also the funky interior in my opinion limits the base of potential buyers to which this particular model appeals to. But obviously somebody bought it before from Seattle and at a higher price.

22. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Completely disagree about the lack of stripe hurting the Speciale...I show my Argento/Black Roof all the time and everyone raves about the black roof compared to the common stripe. I looked long and hard for a Speciale without a stripe and with the black roof factory option and they are a hard to find spec. I even looked hard at the Rosso Dino (orange) one discussed here but the interior and option list did not work for me. I only believe the black roof option works well with Argento and White exteriors...I would keep the common stripes on yellow or RC cars.

23. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    White with no stripes definitely look cleaner than with stripes

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk