Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 18 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I never really liked the Euro spec 4C. Important notice, the Euro Spec 4C never got power steering. I don't particularly like the Lotus Elise either...

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari was always about about power. You might want a Lotus instead...

of2worlds likes this.
  3. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I was told this as a fact from a dealer.

4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    USA version also has no power steering. I don't think there's much difference between the two but the Euro version is like 150 lbs lighter because we have more safety stuff requirements.

of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  6. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    There are about 10 Speciale Aperta in Taiwan as I know.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    If anything Ferrari looks like a corvette, it is those three tailpipes all together in the center. Exactly like the corvette four center tailpipes. Therefore the rear of the 458 looks exactly like a corvette and Ferrari lost its soul.

Just kidding of course, but gee whiz! The F8 is a face lifted 488 that uses a transitional design. I think it gives a hint of the “BB”.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I have looked very close to the pictures. I am not sure if they are vents, because they look closed without any holes.

9. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    But the 458 was released in 2010 and the C7 vette in 2014 so who looks like who?

RichardAZ likes this.
  10. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #436 iloveferrari, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Not power alone. No true sport car company can survive by obsessing with power alone. It must be about the balance of handling, weight, power and how it attacks the apex. Ferrari is also not always about GT car as it is not always about sports car. So to say that Ferrar is always about power is over simplified. I personally don't consider Hellcat or Tesla p100d a sport car.

My lotus evora 400 and it handles better than my 458. This is a true sport car.

Going back to F8 since we are just talking about the sheer design language, I think there are enough people talking about how important it is to have a clean, purposeful, and elegant design that we are missing from the current Ferrari design language. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Surfah, vinuneuro, of2worlds and 4 others like this.
  11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Vette has copied a lot from ferrari. In all honesty, if we are talking about art, the line between copying and borrowing an idea from is often blurred.

12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I was under the impression that the federalised 4Cs had power assisted steering. I didn't like the Euro spec, nor the Elise; too slow of a rack for my liking.

13. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I have driven a Lotus Evora, in anger. It does NOT handle better than a 458!!! It just "dances" nicely at low speeds.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    One of the things I really did not like about the 458 were the air vents in the interior. In the Vegas heat you needed something that had more directional control. It looks like FINALLY they have addressed the issue. And the Steering wheel design is much better also as its got a smaller center and larger D bottom

The F8 has a more serious looking interior design, which I prefer. Less style but more of a bolder, stronger statement.

Ash Patel, dustman and of2worlds like this.
  16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I really feel sorry for the Designers at GM. You know they can do a lot better than what the C8 appears to be coming out to. The C8 looks like a model T next to the F8.

crinoid likes this.
  17. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Well my girlfriend says the F8 looks exactly like the 488. That pretty much ends this thread.

of2worlds and TheMayor like this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    When did you find out she needs glasses? :)

19. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    there is a pic that is a close up of the rear, it shows that this is a vent. Also, there needs to be a way to to vent the hot air from the engine as well as aid in aero.

Attached Files:

Frenzisko, of2worlds and iloveferrari like this.
  20. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    The Vette is a front mid engined sports car. If anything, there has been a convergent design due to its engine location—-long hood, short deck. So, there is a similar resemblance to the F12. And look at Z06 in that yellow vs a TDF in yellow as well.
    There is no resemblance at all of the C7 in any angle, to the F8, outside of having 4 wheels.

jumpinjohn likes this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Lol...

22. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    This is very true, a solid high point for the F8

23. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    A prior post from ferr9000, a pretty reliable source on this forum, quoted the Pista spider number around 800.

24. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    I have to say I'm a bit non-plussed by this F8 Tributo. I'm sure it will be dynamically satisfying but they missed an opportunity to give 50 years of 'affordable' mid-engine V-8 what it deserved...
    a proper masterpiece of styling send off. I am not one of those who longs for the return of Pininfarina styling. They were great clearly but I am an even bigger fan of Manzoni and the factory in-house design team. One look at the FXX-K launch version confirms Manzoni's genius. This is the most exciting, dramatic and kinetic Ferrari design of any category or era full stop.
    The 812 is also a master stroke design in my opinion. And he didn't even have a clean sheet but he makes it look like he did.

I was under the impression that this new V-8 would combine the best of the Pista with the best of the J50. That could have been great. It should have been great. They should have found a way to remove the 'dive plane' in the rear haunch air intake like they did on the Pista. Instead they just moved it up higher. I'm sure there are functional "reasons" for this but it looks even more awkward than the GTBs and actually now adds the insult of looking non-sensical now and dare I say it ... like a mistake. And was there really no other option on the front than to emulate Lamborghini with their fang-toothed catfish aero blade??!!!

And the quad tail lights that look so great on the J50...how did that screw that up on this car. To say the rear looks overstyled and out of character is being kind. To be honest it looks like the rear on a car that you see when thumbing through a periodical cataloging every exotic car on sale and you see 3 or 4 cars that you never even heard of and made in something something vakia and you're like WTF ... how did someone think that was good styling? This car is not worthy of the heritage that a slatted Lexan rear engine cover on a Ferrari speaks to and that now seems like a soft move for the fan boys.

And I have to also comment on the 'new' interior lol. If by new you mean merely replacing trapezoid air vents with round ones. Interior guy ... you had one job! I've never seen such a mailed-in revamp in my life. I mean why did they even bother.

Yes I was totally amped for this car and I've been banging the drum on it for the week leading up to the reveal. I was hopeful that they would elevate the styling and the interior significantly as a real fitting 'tribute' but they did neither. It's still going to be a great drive I have no doubt. It's also still going to get great reviews, win awards and sell out. Yes it's your last chance to buy a non-hybrid mid-engine V-8 ... but dammit Ferrari ... shouldn't you have made that more special.