New to Ferrari | FerrariChat

New to Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Texastonka, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX
    Howdy- I’ve been looking at 430 and 458 for a few years now. I’ve passed on some great opportunities in hind site. It will be my first Ferrari so I’ve been looking for that ‘one’, almost like when you know you’ve met your wife as a kid.
    I’ve been in the Viper community since 2008 so I’m used to huge HP and HUGE torque, front engine monsters. These are much different and the lower torque takes a bit getting used to as well as the mid engine. I drove a 488 thinking I may like it better but it does not have the sound or soul of the NA motor cars in my opinion. Can any of you suggest places to keep an eye out for a great 2013+ 458 coupe? Red over tan is a must for me being my first. Would like to have full carbon inside and out all option car, yellow tach and calipers. The full deal. Any nightmares to watch out for or just get a yearly service and drive the pants off of it?

2. ArtOnWheels

ArtOnWheels Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Full Name
    of2worlds and Texastonka like this.
  3. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Cars.com is a great place. eBay is also a good place to keep tabs on. If you visit the Ferrari.com website, there is a link there where you can search all currently available inventory across all Ferrari dealerships.

I've dealt with Joe Maniaci out at Ferrari of Houston - super great guy. You might want to give him a call and let him know what you are searching for. Ferrari of Houston is a pretty easy dealership to work with and they often come up upon some great cars.

Ray

Texastonka likes this.
  4. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX

Thanks. I’m from Katy and live in SA so that’s a close dealership to deal with. Appreciate the info.

RayJohns likes this.
  5. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX
  6. Texastonka

Texastonka Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 22, 2015
    San Antonio TX
  7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    It's preowned.ferrari.com

Dupont is another one.

Avoid ebay in general for car purchase, I lament.

Texastonka likes this.
  8. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    A lot of dealers post their cars on ebay. Just be careful with private party stuff, yes.

Ray

iloveferrari likes this.
  9. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    check this car out: https://www.astonmartinofgreenwich.com/u-2014-ferrari-458-italia-c-2920.htm

I hear Miller is a good dealership to work with. I think Tom @tomc bought a car from them...

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Wait for what you want. I own mine even though I wasn’t really looking to buy. Just window shopping and found the exact car I would have ordered from the factory. Right colors, right options, low miles.

Texastonka and of2worlds like this.