NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The BB must be priced more than thePista, so $500K will be closer to reality than $400K. The Pista is a special series but it's not limited and it's still in the same market segment as the 458/488/F8; that's the level motivated buyers of that segment should stretch to reach. And the Pista is about $400K (easily more with some options, actually).
    Now the BB claims to define a new segment - between the entry-level sports rear-mid engine cars (F8, Pista) and the multi-millions hypercars.

crinoid likes this.
  2. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    Car will be in the 500 000 euro area, double of f8 approx

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Base price of US$ 570K? plus a few bit and pieces can hit US$ 650K easily. This for a regular production model.

Good luck with that !

IPO1, iloveferrari and F2003-GA like this.
  4. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    The price for a base car will start with a high 400k number .. in local currency for both Europe as well as the U.S. ... because that price ... plus the constant messaging from the company and the press that it is faster than a LaFerrari will say to buyers 'This is a screaming bargain, run out and get it NOW!'

And they will make a massive profit margin at that level, don't you worry about them 'leaving money on the table' in your estimation. They don't have to and won't risk a 'sound of crickets in the showroom' response by pricing it at what would arguably be a 'fair price' for a LaFerrari performance envelope. It won't be priced 'fairly' for its performance ... it will be priced to sell. They certainly can't and won't risk their most pivotal car in 50 years sitting in show rooms or not having a wait list. That would cast a pall instead of a halo over their entire future hybrid line-up. How would they sell any of the ( less desirable even though less expensive ) V-6 mid engine hybrid which comes two years later if the V-8 hybrid isn't a smashing sales success? They don't need to get 'fair performance price' for this car, they need to make sure it's selling like crazy. It WILL be a V-8 ...
    not a V-12 as some are saying. And it WILL be priced at a performance value discount ( base in the high 400s local currency and into the high 500's ticking the option sheet ) ... NOT the 'fair value for the performance'
    ( 600k - 750k ) price point that some are logically in some sense ... but wrongly ... postulating.

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Blammo!
    Right when the global recession settles in for a chilly dark night...
    :)

6. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Even if it’s 600 - 750k can you imagine the hit it will take in 2/3 years?! You will see cars in the high 300 or low 400k.
    This will piss new buyers and second had users will still pass on it because it’s expensive.
    Regarding bargain performance, all ICE cars will be rendered slow with full electric cars coming out.
    This starts with the Tesla roadster.

Like Elon Musk said, abandon ICE or get left behind...

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    All we need now is jerryz on here .....

iloveferrari likes this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I understand it will be approx EURO 600 to 650 K.
    Good for FFS as not everybody will have that amount all cash and will have to lease.

Marcel Massini

Doug23 and crinoid like this.
  9. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    My expectation fully loaded and configured

10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Guy, there was a nice thread recently listing all the (Supposed) upcoming ferrari cars for the next years...

Can't find it anymore ...

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Try general forums ,ferrari discussion.

dcmetro likes this.
  12. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    In order to reliably get a price of that magnitude for a regular production car ... they could do something novel like limiting it's annual production to 999 a year for 3 years or somehow otherwise signaling that they will be more exclusive in terms of numbers or availability than a 488 GTB ... say because of certain specific technologies that can't be produced so readily ... have you heard anything like that or is it just open season unconstrained production and they will make as many as they get orders for?

13. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

The more the merrier :) Even better the fact they are main stream cars , why , because for the countries that drive on the correct side will get to see them on the road and not only in some car show being trailered away. Even , maybe buying one. At least then ill be able ( allowed to ) drive it on the open road. Here is the point whats the value in spending 3 million on an Enzo or 5 million on a LA FERRARI APERTA and not being allowed to drive it ?

14. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #89 MalibuGuy, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Perhaps the new business model is to do a 2 year model run, which even if it is not a limited production numbers—it is limited due to time— and charge 200,000-250,000 more per unit,

Since the design team is in-house, Ferrari doesn’t really pay more for the design work. Yes parts are expensive due to lower volumes.

The advantage to this is that the cars have the cache of being new models. Hopefully Ferrari will no longer need to force customers buy Ferrari models which they don’t want, in order to buy models they truly want.

On the other side, Ferrari doesn’t need to commit to making a poor seller for five long years.

“ If you want a Pista, you need to buy a Lusso or Purosangue!”

Oh and yes I predict the Purosangue to be a tough sell!

15. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I believe this is a reaction to McLaren and the need to play catch up. It may exacerbate depreciation as new models become dated within a two year period.

At my dealer, the Urus has proven to be a sales hit and brought mostly first time owners into the marquee.

Don’t be surprised if the Purosangue does the same. I think it’s too early to tell.

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    I was quoted the same numbers and specs by my dealer. Ferrari's new Hyper Car.
    V8TT hybrid.
    As confirmed by recent dealer meetings.
    Price yet to be determined, but since my 812 was $600K, dealer is assuming close to $1mln.
    I'm hoping to get on the list....

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Which country are you in

18. ChrisDiRe

ChrisDiRe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris DiRe
    agreed - well thought out! I'm thrilled with the level of performance from my 488 and since the F8 came out, I've been trying to figure out how to justify spending $100k to upgrade to the F8...and I just can't come up with enough reasons to! For me to jump to the BigBrother, I can't even think of spending another $500k...maybe $200k if I really fall in love with the design. I don't think I'm alone here in my thought process...or am I???

dmark1 likes this.
  19. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No you're not. My top number would be 600k with A LOT of options figured in, some Atelier.

ChrisDiRe and Forza Scuderia like this.
  20. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Australian laws are changing and the LaF will be road legal soon.

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes I saw that article but will feel a bit weird.

22. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Chris keep the 488 and buy your old manual shift 430 instead!

Stradalelover likes this.
  23. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Shhhhh....don't mention brand 'M', it triggers many around here.

MassAppeal likes this.
  24. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Amen.

25. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Amen! Let's all keep this in perspective. The LaFerrari is only 1.8 seconds faster around Fiorano than a Pista ... itself an iteration of a 10-year old platform. Augmenting the power of a state-of-the-art platform with active hybrid by itself will close the gap to LaF. A few more tweaks and you're slightly better ... even without a full CF tub and chassis.

It's funny. The 458 Speciale was faster around Fiorano than the last generation hyper car, the Enzo. But nobody was raising their hand saying 'I'll pay 600 grand for this 8-cylinder!' Now here we all are saying if I can get a car that's 1.85 faster seconds around Fiorano than a Pista I will pay roughly DOUBLE for it! Such is the reverence and bloodlust in the average buyer for the LaFerrari. And such is the marketing genius of Ferrari.

Picture a window sticker of base 495k and 597k with the options. And faster than a LaFerrari.
    Those are the right numbers for sales success. Ferrari should easily find 1,500 to 2,000 takers a year for the car with a pricing strategy like this.

F2003-GA likes this.