Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    You are right. The car must be seen from the truth and if this is not possible, it is necessary to see videos or photos that are well done. And not to these poor quality photos or leaked

F140C likes this.
  2. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    If the 488 has sold so well then how come anyone can go into a showroom and buy one new or preowned very easily. How come the 488 has depreciated so much? The Lamborghini Huracan has been a huge seller and I’m not so sure the 488 has sold better worldwide. Further, if the 488 was so great and the competition hasn’t effected sales then why the F8? The F8 is certainly an unusual move for Ferrari based on prior history. I’ve owned all the above mentioned cars (458,488,Huracan, Performante and 720s). I honestly love Ferrari and say this in a unbiased way but Ferrari has been complacent and they are trying to play catch up. Straight line acceleration is NOT the only thing the 720s does better. Pretty much every performance metric from braking, handling and acceleration are better, much better. And NO you don’t need a race track or to drive 200mph to notice the difference.

Coincid, Thecadster, gqa and 3 others like this.
  3. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Enzo is dead and Ferrari is desperately playing catch-up to McLaren and Lambo.

Quit drinking the Kool-aid, you’re blind devotion to Ferrari is laughable.

howydo, iloveferrari and SoCal to az like this.
  4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    A half dozen posters mentioned the rear looks like a Corvette.

Oh wait, English isn’t your first language.

5. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Define better as you see it. Most people would say a carbon tub is "better". In driving both, you can feel the rigidity of the carbon tub as much superior. The stiffness is felt on the roads in straight-line speed, in turns and when accelerating. The weight of the tub is also more noticeable in that the lighter carbon tub leads to better handling.

This is my observation with over 4000 miles behind the wheel of the 488 and 1500 miles behind the wheels of the 720.

Again- define better. 488 has virtually no lag. Ive stated this before here. However, 720 is similar - virtually no lag. As far as sound- 488 wins hands down. No contest there. Greater response? Id give the edge to the 720. That lighter weight and more power relates to a more responsive car.

Build quality in the 488 is exceptional. 720 is similar. Id definitely give the slight edge to the 488 in terms of build quality but its not a significant difference as I found both cars to be well built. After sales experience - again- have had no issues with either manufacturer. I would say both have been good but with either car I haven't needed to do anything to the cars other than just routine yearly service for the 488.

And you know this because of all the experience you have had behind the wheel of an F8 or are you just using your mental abilities like other members here?

Agree- straight line speed is one aspect but after many miles behind the wheel of both cars, I would say the following:

Performance (all aspects - straight-line speed, cornering, handling etc etc) - edge by a mile to 720
    Sound- edge by a mile to the 488
    More visceral driving experience - edge to 488
    Joy to drive - both are great- just different
    Wow factor - 720
    Technology - 720
    Build quality - slight edge to 488

howydo, Thecadster, gqa and 4 others like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Saw and heard a 720 the other day here in FL and it sounded like it had thrown a rod or something, LOL. Don't know if it was an aftermarket or factory optional sport exhaust - it was loud - but I don't know how someone can like that sound.

crinoid likes this.
  7. stan996turbo

stan996turbo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    I just picked up a 675LT spider and call me crazy but that car especially for the current money is more attractive to me than any of the V8 Ferraris or Lamborghinis.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t know what you mean by “that sound” but the typical mclaren will be more muted than the typical Ferrari. They (McLarens) would not be considered loud by FChat standards. If this was excessively loud, likely an aftermarket exhaust.

sampelligrino likes this.
  9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    +1

10. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    I won't call you crazy at all. The 675LT is a towering achievement. I owned two of them. In a way, its a little sad that the 720 came out so soon after the 675LT was introduced. If the 675LT was still McLaren's flagship for that line, we would all still be singing its praises, even in 2019. As I've stated before, it's simply too hard to keep up with McLaren's rapid pace of vehicle introduction; it would be similar to Lamborghini introducing the Performante, and then six months later a car to completely replace it. Makes your head spin...and boy, does it hurt the wallet. Exotics have never been a poor man's game, but it has become crazy lately.

Hopefully, Ferrari will resume introducing cars that proactively raise the bar and keep them in production for an extended period. This, I submit, is far superior to reactively chasing the pack from the rear...

rocketman likes this.
  11. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I wish Ferrari did a nice photoshoot in a studio with proper lighting. That and a configurator! ;)

12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I am sorry, how long Ferrari has been planning the F8 is completely different from how well it had been planning it and how well it had been executed. That's the point of contention here. Same thing to Lambo and Mcl. They had been planning for HP and 720s for long time too.

In all fairness, if 720s and HP weren't perceived so good and relevant, do you think we will even have this conversation at all? No matter how well we think F8 is made.

Yes, I also feel that Ferrari is complacent by looking at F8 design. The interior and the rear. Exactly it's because it's a Ferrari, it should immediately distinguish itself. My wife seriously thought I was really looking at Corvette first and she has her own FF. Continuing to take Ferrari as the king based on its past glory and blindly defending it actually won't do Ferrari any good, because it is just a business and competition improves products and only customers, i.e you and I will benefit from it.

Hello, Ferrari?

MassAppeal, howydo and Surfah like this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats about as fair a comparison as Ive seen.

SoCal to az likes this.
  14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #639 iloveferrari, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Lol, actually it's ancient Greek. My wife was literally laughing so hard when she read his post of boasting his ancient Greek language skills when he thought it was so cool.

Again, please pardon his communication skillset because only it's unfair.

Realzeus, don't call people need glasses just because they disagree with your tastes. It is as silly as your previous rebuttal of owning something does not mean anything to you just because they shared first hand driving experiences with you when you don't even have one. What exactly do you have then?

Surfah likes this.
  15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Agreed. Unfortunately, I think Ferrari has officially joined McL in terms of products cycles.

16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    One problem/ McLarens are BUTT UGLY INSIDE AND OUT.

Drson, 500tr and Igor Ound like this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    dustman and howydo like this.
  18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  19. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
  20. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It’s that smashed bug look I can’t get over, not to mention the hideous rear end ( i don’t like the F8s ass end either btw).... too much going on.

And don’t even get me started on the McLaren cardboard interiors.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Chevy has been copying Ferrari forever, that shouldn't be a knock on Ferrari. To the casual non car person they may look similar but even my kids know the difference.

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think this is one of those Personal decisions and I fully support your view in that. When I saw the 720 at first I hated the look. Especially the headlights. But as I got to learn the car more I enjoy how it looks.

Subjectively I get a lot more attention in the 720 with people taking pictures etc than the 488. 488 is almost subdued in this manner. This may be a good or bad thing, the extra attention based on your preference.

But if you hate the look of the car, you hate the look of the car.

Viperjoe and dmark1 like this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I once felt this way but the newer cars are much better looking and more appealing inside and out than anything in their class but you have a right to your opinion. Quali I would not say the Senna is the best looking car but it serves a purpose.

24. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    I see zero resemblance at all. Maybe with the older vettes because at least those had 4 circular taillights, but the new vette doesn’t even have those so I’m not sure what resemblance everyone is referring to? I assume if you feel this way you also felt this way about the rear of the 308, 328, 355, 360,and F430 because they also had 4 circular rear lights? And what about the 550, 575, and 812? Those also look like vettes too don’t they? Oh and the Noble M600 and every lotus since the Elise? Those also look like vettes from the rear don’t they? Should I go on?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MalibuGuy likes this.