DFW - RIP Cars and Coffee Dallas 2009 - 2018 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

DFW RIP Cars and Coffee Dallas 2009 - 2018

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BlackBird007, Oct 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    i recommend trying it out. I am very serious in the car community, and I love the app!

DonRinconi likes this.
  2. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Steven,

Obviously, you have no idea what I have done in the car community. I used to be good friends with one of the guys that started that company. We do not speak because of the “narcissist” trait they process.

I would not trust or do business with them. Once again you are speaking on topics you have no idea about.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I can tell you're going to work out great here.

Starline, willrace and Chewys5 like this.
  4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Anyone have a properly local source for popcorn?

WJHMH and Chewys5 like this.
  5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Try the concession stand at Dragon Stadium

6. DonRinconi

DonRinconi Rookie
    Owner

Nov 2, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    W Rincon
    I'll feed the popcorn-munching here as well...

Shawn, I personally have given you a couple of chances in person to try the ParkUpFront app before. You declined using the app for personal reasons and I respected that decision.

Pretty sure you haven't tried it yet, but if I'm wrong and you have any specific items to make the app better, I'm more than glad to address them with the team and the developers. We have spend a lot of time and resources to make a good app and platform for the overall car community. A lot of event organizers, dealerships, shops and more importantly, users have praised the app, with Steven, C&C of Southlake and the amazing cars at his event being a few of them. There's always room to improve our app for sure, so again, we're all ears if you have any specific advice!

If you have had a personal issue with one of our team members at the ParkUpFront team, I still don't see the need to badmouth the whole app, and much less in a public forum. As I said before, the app is not one person, it is a team of hard-working developers, investors and interested individuals that we all just want to make the car community better.

On a personal level, I can tell you from firsthand experience that no one on the ParkUpFront team has ever badmouthed any organization you have worked for, be it the FCADFW or FChat. I will make sure this continues going forward and I appreciate it if you could do the same.

I propose you post and advertise your next FChat event on the ParkUpFront app in addition to any other forums you use. I personally can help you set it up, and furthermore, I'll make it free to give it a try. After you give it a good try, by all means, feel free to address any feedback with us!

Respectfully,

Wilfrido

7. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Wilfrido,

Considering all the things “That group” as done to undermine other peoples efforts. Not to mention getting great car shows canceled.

1. Wings & Wheels
    2. The Four Seasons Ferrari Event
    3. Autos in the park.

Not to mention your first version of the app was a carbon copy of my app.

I have no use for your product. I think it is great that you have so many compliments from strangers. I would put more value in opinions from people that have been around the block a few times.

Good luck with your endeavor.

8. Bleedstallion

Bleedstallion Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Grapevine, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett B

Dude, you're picking on a high school student and bashing a company in our car community for no reason other than an obvious personal vendetta. Seems like you're just trolling the internet trying to pick fights. This is sad.

DonRinconi likes this.
  9. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I am not picking on anyone. I respect what he is and his father are trying to do. I just offered some advice since I have been in his shoes. What he does with my advise is his own personal choice.

As for the company I have stated facts why I would not support them. It is personal to a point because I know some of the founders. I know their practices first hand.

Luckily, this is America and we are all entitled to our own opinion.

10. DonRinconi

DonRinconi Rookie
    Owner

Nov 2, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    W Rincon
    Shawn,

Ok, clarifying not what I guess or what I emotionally feel on a personal scale, but what I know to be a fact.

ParkUpFront has in no way gotten any of the car shows that you mention canceled, mostly because ParkUpFront did not even exist at the time those events came down. As a matter of fact, Garages of Texas has been an excellent partner and promoters of their events on our app, and as you know, some of their investors worked closely with Autos in the Park in the past, so that doesn't hold water.

I have no idea about Wings and Wheels or why it got canceled, but again, nothing to do with ParkUpFront. And as for the Four Seasons event drama, both sides of that story there have been mentioned in another thread here, but overall, again, ParkUpFront as an app or as an organization had nothing to do with this as the app was not even created, so I ask you to please keep your experience with the app, especially on a public forum and only based on your actual experience with it.

Shall you or anyone else find anything that can be improved on our app, we're more than willing to listen and act on it as we have done with the feedback we have gotten from other users and organizations. At the end of the day, we want to have an app that works and people use for the overall car community, including all of my fellow Ferrari owners, fans and friends.

On the second item you mention, the ParkUpFront app is not a carbon copy of any app I have ever seen you developed, but then again, I don't know if you had done something similar in the past or not that I have yet seen.

However, what i know 100% for sure is that I have been personally involved with the developer team since the app inception and I can assure you the app has been developed from the ground up with a lot of effort and dedication from our team and not looking or copying in any shape, way, or form anything that came from anything developed by you! To come up and say a blatant lie that we have copied your app is an insult to the honest and very hard work our developer team has put into the several iterations of the app.

Both these truth distortions and outright lies on your comments leave me to believe too that you’re taking this to a wrongly-perceived sentimental and personal level and not on who ParkUpFront is or how the app works.

You're entitled to your personal opinion, as so we all are, but with me working with ParkUpFront and helping guide its current strategy, I can assure you, we're only working hard to bring new and exciting opportunities for car owners, admirers, venues, rallies, sponsors and the overall car community and in no way we seek to denigrate or put down any one individual.

Finally, I find this funny we got into this argument here because there was a perception of Richard Rawlings taking over C&C and you and a few other users defending his case by saying no one should be badmouthing the guy without knowing his intentions and perhaps giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might want to bring C&C to a good car event. Well, perhaps you can see the hypocrisy in the comments your regarding the ParkUpFront app being the exact same case.

As you have admitted, you have not used the app yet - until you do (if you ever do), I urge you not to speak good or bad about it; more so if I'm clearly inviting you to point any shortcomings forward to make the app better for you and everyone else!

Turbopun likes this.
  11. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

Wilfrido,

I will do my best to clarify for you. You are true “Park” did not exist at the time of those events. The founders of “Park” did however and they were the ones I was referring too. So there is a track record there.

As I said before the “first” version you showed me of the app at a restaurant in Plano. THAT version was a carbon copy of my app. I even told you that at the time.

I do not look at this as a argument. I look at it as a discussion with different views.

I wish you the best of luck.

DonRinconi likes this.
  12. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

You joined this site at 3:55pm today and the first thing you wanted to do was criticize me? That is very intriguing

13. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Rather quick change of heart there about someone you doubt can get C&C back up and won't be able to "pick up the scraps" to calling him a brilliant man and believe he'll do something quick.....

Regardless, it's been 3 months, & on top of that, including 2 of the worst months of the year for car shows in DFW. The metroplex is no stranger to monthly meets taking off Dec.-April waiting for more ideal conditions.

14. Bleedstallion

Bleedstallion Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Grapevine, TX
    Full Name:
    Brett B
    I have been visiting F-Chat for years as an observer. Yes, I just signed up so someone could call you out for trolling on a high school kid who has worked his butt off to organize something he is passionate about.

15. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Lol. That is pretty funny. Thank you for the laugh Sir. I needed that this morning.

16. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Cars & Coffee is a franchise. Classic BMW sold the franchise when they wanted out. Unless the Southlake people have the rights to use the name, they might want to consider renaming their event.