Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Ha fair. But 720 is completely different than 6XX Mac.

There is never 'the ONE' in my mind, but rather chasing what tickles the fancy until the next ONE.

But that's me.

2. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Hey. who am I to argue, I have a Lambo Perf Spyder on order so I live with the enemy some myself.

iloveferrari and Motorwerks like this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I feel for you. Owned 3 458 variants. The 488 is just so lacking vs what a ferrari was.

iloveferrari and IPO1 like this.
  4. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    ...and a Pista...the flavor of the day and great choices indeed!

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

BTW all of them bow in the looks department to my favorite ride of all....

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
  7. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Uh no...reread the context. I said it is completely irrelevant how much Ferrari makes on each car with respect to the nature of the actual car. Get it straight and quit conflating the issue here.

8. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No.

Completely neutralized you that time.....:p

Ash Patel and nads like this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Im telling you I saw pictures of the Senna and thought it looked like ass. Just terrible. Then I saw it in real life. Its AMAZING! Much better looking than the pics. Just check it out and I think you will change your mind as its built with a very specific purpose - to be a track oriented car.

As far as F40 vs Senna- Id take F40 as its a more known commodity regarding value long term. However part of that depends on whether you are going to drive the car or have it park in your garage and see where the values go.

If you are asking a value oriented question - no doubt F40. But If I'm buying the cars to drive, Senna - only because its a much newer car with more power, more technology etc etc.

10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Agreed it looks good WITH THE DOORS OPEN, but its pretty windy driving it around that way and its hell on the cornering ability :D

Ash Patel, greg328, nads and 2 others like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Motorwerks likes this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Yes end of the line for that V8!
    Ferrari should have introduced the new V8 platform now with the Pista drivetrain with a15% increase. They're going with big brother instead for basically triple the base price of the current 488.

OnPoint likes this.
  13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Agreed to all but aren't we getting to the limits now of tire technology? I mean seriously, can you tell the difference between a 2.6 second run to 60 over a 3.0 second to one? With torque values running 500 plus and HP running 700 plus isn't it all getting to be a bit silly?

Trust me, if we go to a car show and you show up in a Senna, your buddy shows up in a La Ferrari and I show up in a 58 TR you guys are going to be lonely over there. To me its about looks more than that last 10/10ths of performance. Because none of us can access that 10/10ths without risking out lives and the lives of others (unless youre on a track and who does that very often?).

14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    New to forum here. Looks like a very healthy debate over the new f8. I almost bought a 488, but decided against it for various reasons on 2 occasions and bought something else. Mainly the lack of exhaust note versus the 360, 430, and the 458. Of course it's not fair to compare an NA motor vs a forced induction one, but it left me wanting more.

The F8 has really triggered my interest though. I really like the design. I called my local Ferrari dealer and put myself on the list. If they do a better job with the exhaust, I think I'm pulling the trigger. Hopefully I'll be joining the Ferrari family soon. Cheers.

of2worlds and SAT4RE like this.
  15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #715 IPO1, Mar 3, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    And D I think you hit the nail on the head. Screw the 'track' performance as 95% won't really track these on a regular basis. All of it is a bit of pecker measuring, but it's also what excites each individual, unlike many here you are one of the few that actually do buy other brands. So I respect your feedback.

I know Ferrari is a strong pull for many reasons, but also glad others brands are pushing them.

We'll find a Mac one day in the future that get's some excitement from you.

You gotta try it...maybe 7XXLT.

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Prior to this F8 release, most posts were about why does this car exist in the first place. It clearly is not a must buy car from the reveal responses here. Seems to be just another car to stay on the list. Which leads me to believe why they just didn't extend the Pista build. If this car is to satisfy those that didn't get a Pista then just get them a Pista and keep the price high and keep the same old game of ordering an 812 or a Portofino or whatever. They would have had zero new tooling, design and manufacturing changes and made more profit and it would have bridged the price gap to the V6 Hybid better which the promise is to cost much more than the 488 anyway.

Maybe they figured that they could not get the additional orders for the Pista for another year or so. Its not about hurting the feelings of Pista owners because the build number is not capped, no one will know how many were built anyway and they didn't lower the entry bar. If any Pista owners did get shy with an unknown increase in build number then they'd just flip for the BB which many will likely do anyway. Maybe its a hedge on further delays of the V6 and thinking the Pista would then get too long in the tooth. Just still don't see why another derivative iteration of the same car.

SoCal to az and Motorwerks like this.
  17. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

Oh trust me, if a Senna somehow came my way I wouldn’t say no. I just don’t think they’re worth a million dollars. Now if they take the depreciation curve (which they won’t) of a 570 and they get in the 1/2 million range ....???

18. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    So a car's success is based solely on how much profit it makes eh? So the Tesla Model 3, which they lose nearly every cent on the car, which therefore makes the Model 3, as a vehicle, a failure? o_O

19. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    About the same depreciation a Pista will take when F8 comes out :D;)

20. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    They're ALL going to depreciate...at never before seen levels....with ALL Ferraris, McLarens, Lamborghinis, etc. This is a new era of mass-produced high-volume automobiles with lots of choices. Gone are those times of 4 years ago.

WM458 and SoCal to az like this.
  21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    No doubt about that.

SoCal to az likes this.
  22. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Above 488 but below Pista

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes. I’m by no means a professional driver and cannot extract the power from my 488 or 720. And like I said if it was for taking the car to a car show or for investment- f40 any day of the week and twice on sundays.

But the only reason I put the senna ahead of f40 in terms of driving is cause it’s just like what- 30 year newer technology? I mean any can from 30 years ago performance wise won’t live up to a more modern car. But senna vs la ferrri? La Ferrari for both the drive and investment value.

I don’t think sennas are worth a million by a long shot. I’m surprised they sold as well as they did at that price.

24. SB27

SB27 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    It’s interesting. One of you guys sent around a British car comparison video that put the McLaren 720s up against a GT3RS and a new Pista. Given the “UK bias”, it’s no surprise the 720 won but it’s interesting how they all commentators remarked that the Pista felt “remote” and “disconnected” from the driver. In fact, the Pista finished last. That is not what a Ferrari has normally stood for. Maybe it’s time to come out with a new car that may renew some connection to the driver that have been missing since the 458? Who knows. Let’s let some guys in the press drive it and see what they can relay to us before some of the folks here start taking deliveries.

I am very, very interested in ordering an F8. I am curious if it brings back more of a 458 vibe with more features, power and technology. If it does, I am a buyer.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If they have somehow miraculously made the F8 to sound anywhere near the 458 ,it's game over!

Drson, Ash Patel and iloveferrari like this.