NJ Track Event for First Timers | FerrariChat

NJ Track Event for First Timers

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by DougDish, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I typically drive with and instruct for the BMW CCA.
    It is always a safe and enjoyable track experience and there are drivers with non-BMWs that show up including me in my 458.

The club is having an event in New Jersey and it includes an option for someone who has never driven on the track. This novice option is a great opportunity for the Ferrari owner to actually drive their car at speed and in a safe, controlled environment with an instructor for only $250.

The best part of driving at NJMP is the amount of run-off (just in case). It’s one of the safest tracks I have driven.

Here are the details.

Friday – Saturday April 12th to the 14th @ NJMP Thunderbolt.

Friday Saturday ITS
    Friday Advanced Solo Students
    Sat-Sun Driver School
    Sunday New to the track Special student run group.

Click here for registration and more information:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/driver-school-instructor-training-thunderbolt-raceway-bmw-cca-new-jersey-310437

Carnut and Jaguar36 like this.
  2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Neat idea for the novice only group. I know a lot of folks who are intimidated by the thought of taking their car on track, especially in a large group. Sounds like a great way to introduce the hobby in a low risk format. (Well, as low risk as anything on a track can get.)

Really hope it’s successful!

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I signed up for it yesterday.

4. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Excellent, now we will have two Ferraris on track.
    Tell your friends and be sure to find me and say hello at the event.

Doug

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My cars all have different purposes, I bought 2018 Cayman gearshift to use for the track. Unfortunately with my arthritis my condition changes daily, and if it were today, I'd be staying home

6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    doug, do you know if the bmwcca instructor training school counts towards level 2 instructing for the motorsports safety foundation program?

7. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I don’t know yet. The BMWCCA is about to have a meeting for instructors on March 16 and this is one of the topics to be discussed. More to follow soon.

8. Doc V.

Doc V. Karting

Aug 29, 2012
    Since the BMW CCA is a Motorsports Safety Foundation Level 2 organization (that is, the BMW CCA's instructor training program has been certified by the MSF), the BMW CCA's national ITS Coordinator, Bill Wade, can provide insight about how the instructor training programs offered by chapters of the BMW CCA lead to MSF Level 2 instructor certification. He can be contacted directly here: https://www.bmwcca.org/dec

The other MSF Level 2 organizations are the PCA's Allegheny, Carolinas, Florida Citrus, and Rally Sport regions; Chin Track Days; the FCA's Empire State Region; the Audi Club of North America's Golden Gate and Southern California chapters; Chin Track Days; Hooked on Driving; and Calabogie Motorsports

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    got in touch with bill wade and its not so clear cut as to what is acceptable. bmwcca meeting this month to discuss this topic. i have a feeling this will be muddled in bureaucracy for a while. shame because its a good concept.