MASERATI SEBRING FIREWALL | FerrariChat

MASERATI SEBRING FIREWALL

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jhoniks, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    Hi friends ,

I have doubts about the fire wall of my sebring, I have seen some images in which it has some aluminum profiles in some parts, and a type of black vynil with the insulating coating,

this is correct?, someone can share some other information and images of this part of the car ..

Thank you.
    Jonathan

2. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    My 1965 Sebring, has a fiberglass insulated vinyl padding that is held in place with aluminum edging. The vinyl was very thin and has no perceptible grain pattern. There were larger aluminum along the sides of the transmission tunnel entrance on the fire wall that were back with asbestos. which has been removed and will be replaced with a more modern material under the aluminum panels Attached are a few photos during disassembly for the restoration.
    Joe

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    I thank you Joe,

I have already made a template to obtain the parts of the transmission tunnel.

On the other hand, the mudguards are also made of aluminum? ...

4. Joe186

Joe186 Rookie

Nov 12, 2014