2021 Cadillac XLR? | FerrariChat

2021 Cadillac XLR?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Eric R, Feb 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    anunakki likes this.
  2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
  3. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Forgive me because I have tossed a couple back tonight, but without rereading the article I could have sworn it was front engine and not rear. If its rear with flappy paddles then I will not be interested. I am looking backwards more than forwards as I get older. The new can be as great as it is but the all lack SOUL to me.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its based off the C8 and only comes with a DCT. IMO, Caddy has always dropped the ball every time they try to do something like this. I'm not optimistic.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Caddy pretty much drops the ball on everything. Their real and only category sucess has been the escalade, and that was accidental.

6. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    I think both of you are being to kind it isn’t just Cadillac it is GMs business model. They should rename the company Drop The Ball, Inc.
    Let me make a list: Buick Reatta:rolleyes:. Pontiac Fiero, build the car for several years and than finally fix the suspension and then
    cancel it the next year, Pontiac Aztec, if you look up abortion in the dictionary there is a picture of it there. Cadillac Allante, build it for a few years get a good engine in it, cancel it the next year. Cadillac XLR not sure where to start with that one, let’s see Cimmeron, Cetera.
    Corvette Z06 that over heats and they look the other way. Now a mid engine Corvette, WTF forty years to late:rolleyes: and it will take them 2 years to straighten that thing out. I’m sure I missed something.

boxerman likes this.
  7. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I'd sure like to see Cadillac do something interesting, but I won't hold my breath...

8. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    If you put it that way then EVERY manufacturer has dropped the ball on many occasions. The C7 Z06 does not overheat. That is an over exaggerated claim on CF forum (I am over there too as a ZR1 owner and track guy) first by guys with the automatic trying to paddle shift them on the track. Leave it in auto and there typically are no issues. The manuals are just fine. The majority of the owners do not track them in the first place and Chevy learned from the C6 Z06/ZR1 that they would have sold more if they had autos, came in targa and convertible forms. Looks like they learned and provided what was needed to sell more higher priced cars which is what business is about.