WSR 550 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

WSR 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by DJW, Feb 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Guys. Perhaps you can help me. When I was given this car as a gift it came with 2 briefcases full of stuff. I’ve spent the afternoon looking through it and I had always thought it was a Euro car. It’s not it says GCC. Any idea what that stands for ? Cheers Ralph

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Patrik550

Patrik550 Karting

Nov 28, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Patrik
    Think it refer to the Gulf countries; i.e. Saudi, Bahrain, Kuwait etc. I think those cars had special features such as tougher AC to withstand the extreme heat etc. (Not sure though..)

4. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Aha.

Now it’s all making sense.

Thanks so much.

Cheers Ralph

5. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Hi there

I was at Ferrari and I remembered what you guys had said about the gate pattern being on the gate in CF models and that you thought my car has some non original parts.

I mentioned this to them and they were confused.

Firstly they said “If you are important enough - you can have what you want”.

They then showed me a CF car with no pattern in either the gate or the shifter.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

They then told me that my car was originally owned by one of Ferrari’s biggest clients and the idea they would use fake parts would be unlikely.

The second owner of my car was the world famous Artist and multi millionaire Damien Hirst.

He would be unlikely to use fake parts and I have a full documentation of the car from both owners. Image Unavailable, Please Login

They then reminded me it had won Gold at the Ferrari Concours and that the judges tend to not make mistakes.

They then asked if I had shown you all the extras that had come with the car when I was given it as a gift by Damien Hirst.

I said no.

Ferrari said in no way was my car incorrect.

So I guess you guys will have to agree to disagree.

Cheers Ralph

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    My shifter before it was refurbished by McCarbon in the US. (They didn’t say it was fake).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ShineKen likes this.
  6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Wow vry cool, I have a damien hirst, i love his work, Im honestly stunned he bought a car used, he literally oversaturated the art market in the name of money, he didn't care about his brand and killed it by trying to make so much money. His brand died, he learned a lesson, and now makes just a few pieces a year, I went to the grand opening party of his new collection at gagosian recently. Im beyond shocked a guy whose made hundreds of millions bought a used maranello haha, very cool story.

7. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    I don’t think he bought it.

Like I didn’t buy it either.

So pretty smart.

8. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph

9. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph

10. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Beats me.

401rpg likes this.
  11. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I'm a bit confused. Firstly there is a difference between "non-original" and "fake". You can easily swap one Ferrari-made part for another and what you end up with is not original but it isn't fake. But in your pictures of things that came with the car you have a gate with shift-pattern on it. Presumably that was so that it could be installed if required? Which would lead me to conclude that it was originally as it is now with the extra part as an option with the shift pattern if needed.

I'm not sure about the "Concours judges not making mistakes". They're looking at cars they mostly haven't seen before and sometimes (as in your case) variants they aren't familiar with and in any case I believe cars are judged firstly on condition and then secondly on originality so I don't think your certificate tells you anything either way especially if Ferrari can't absolutely confirm themselves how it was supplied.

401rpg likes this.
  12. 401rpg

401rpg Karting

Oct 25, 2017
    London
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    That’s great.

Thanks for the info.

I’m no expert and the car was a gift - so I can only ever be happy.

Cheers R

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    The WSR for sale for a silly price at the FOCGB sale last weekend didn’t sell. Available now for £191k, for a LHD in the UK.

Given that a WSR is just a 550 with various options and a plaque, I would still suggest anyone desperate for an actually speedier version of a 550 buys a 575.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Darius- Especially since the drivetrain on the WSRs is identical to vanilla 550s.

Themaven and Ferrari55whoa like this.