488 - 2018 488 GTB - USB Connection Problem | FerrariChat

488 2018 488 GTB - USB Connection Problem

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by [email protected], Feb 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gernothofer@gmx.at

Jul 24, 2017
    Hi,

I face problems connecting Iphones (I have tried several ones, from Iphone 6 to 8) via USB to my 488 GTB. Bluetooth works fine, but when I connect via USB (to charge AND listen to music) I receive an error message like „data not readable“ (in German: Daten nicht abspielbar). The problem is that whenever you connect to USB this kills the BT connection, so you cannot charge and listen to music simulateously. Charging works, so it somehow recognizes my phone. My dealer has no clue what lies behind. It all started about three months ago, before it all worked fine - perhaps it has something to do with the permanent Iphone updates. Has anyone faced the same problem yet? Best regards from Austria, Gernot

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Have you got Apple Carplay?

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Until the problem has been resolved ..... Maintain Bluetooth connectivity while simultaneously charging via the 12v power outlet.

4. gernothofer@gmx.at

Jul 24, 2017
    no, I don't have carplay. As the BT/12V-charging-combo ist concerned: In Austria I paid roughly 370K USD inkl. luxury tax, I don't want to live with a workaround :)

5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    An old ipod works perfectly on my 488 USB port, so I don't know what is wrong for you.

6. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Mine works great but I've carplay

7. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    I’m having same problem going to call my service adviser monday,will keep you updated,if u hear anything please advise!Thx

[email protected] likes this.
  8. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Today I connected to iPod played music from pandora & charged phone at the same time! Worked perfect,check it out

9. gernothofer@gmx.at

Jul 24, 2017
    Hi Michael, was your dealer able to fix the issue? best regards, gernot

10. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    Hi Gernot;No i didn’t bring to dealer, I just kept pandora playing went TO USB on the screen connected & the phone kept charging & played pandora music.

11. RichV12

RichV12 Rookie

Jun 12, 2017
    Have you ensured you are using a cable capable of transferring audio? Some cables are purely able to charge. Try a genuine apple cable. I don’t have Apple play, but when I connect my iPhone 7 via usb works as if it were an iPod.

12. 488mct

488mct Rookie

Feb 6, 2017
    Oman
    The connectivity is fiddly on the system..probably switches between phone and music connectivity out of the same device. I turn off the bluetooth on my phone if I want to connect via USB and it works perfectly.

13. gernothofer@gmx.at

Jul 24, 2017
    I used several different Apple cables...always the same error. the funny thing is that it worked quite well for 9 months...also tried different Iphones - no difference

14. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Sounds like a software upgrade with the phone that makes it incompatible with the car now.

[email protected] likes this.