Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 44 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    The funny thing about this video is that the editing part intentionally does not allow anyone to hear the sound throughout the whole rev range. Look at the old video of f12, 812 and 458. You will know what I mean.

x-tremetuning likes this.
  2. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Need to have the rear Pista spoiler in carbon color, in order to save the rear !!!

3. scuderia-seat

scuderia-seat Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    late apex
    schmee at Geneva;

F8 at 9:01m
    Battissta at 5:36m

PhilNotHill and polishhammer83 like this.
  4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Can you get change those ugly rims? Those are the same terrible design from the 812.

Is it just me, or does the car from the Geneva AUto show look to have the Automatic Emergency Braking senor? It looks like a trapezoid where the rear view mirror is located when looking from the outside.

PhilNotHill and Gh21631 like this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  6. scuderia-seat

scuderia-seat Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    late apex
    some interesting design and engineering at 2:01m;

SAT4RE, Juvendude, Shadowfax and 2 others like this.
  7. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I saw the car in person today, and I must say I'm not impressed. It doesn't look bad at any point, but it doesn't look great either. It looks like someone modified the 488 and was trying too hard. Some of the shapes look out of place and in the same time some of the details look absolutely identical to the 488. It's like Carrozzeria Touring has made his own version of the 488 by stretching the front and modifiyng the rear.... After the 308/328, 348/355, 360/430 and 458/488 this supposed to be an all new shape for the V8 Ferrari, so I don't know why they decided to leave so much of the 488.

I'm sure with time we will like the shapes of the F8 more and they state this is the first car with zero turbo lag, which is great, but I am 100% sure it will not be one of the all time greats.

And the funny thing is that the only really beautiful new supercar (on my opinion) on this year's Geneva motorshow was the Pininfarina Battista.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Can someone take a picture of the plaque ( options )
    of the blue car as I assume its the standard one. Also is the black part with Ferrari on it below the lexan also plastic or glass ?

of2worlds likes this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH

The new version V 8 twin turbo will be introduced this May. Different car with a new body on a different aluminium platform and much more expensive!!!

Thelovelyrock18 and Shadowfax like this.
  10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Not my rendering unfortunally ! :D

11. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Please note that the omniscient overseers of Fchat have included the F8 in the 458 and 488 forum rather than creating a new one. And l agree with this placement. Ciao Bella.

gto85 and tomc like this.
  12. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Didn't Ferrari claim the California T was the first car with zero turbo lag?

iloveferrari likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    And the 488?

IPO1 likes this.
  14. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Cause it’s bascially a 488.

15. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    This is a function of the underlying fact that the car is based on the F142, not based on the fact that this car “looks similar” to a 488. Think testarossa/512tr/512m. This car was never intended to be much different from the 488 and the expectation was never that it would be. We get to see the new platform later this year with the BB and in two years we will see the spiritual successor to the 458/488/F8 series with the LB. These cars are based on an entirely new platform and will justify a new subsection on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  16. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I would argue that many had the expectation this would be a new architecture / be a new series (unless you followed this message board religiously and believed what some claimed to know - and were correct about). In recent history it's been Revolution followed by Evolution, then rinse/repeat. We know this isn't the case with the F8... but some, I guess, are still disappointed. But isn't that always the case... lol.

17. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    The Tributo might be the first Ferrari which looks worth in real life than in pictures.

18. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    #1093 FordGTDriver, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Regarding the appearance of F8 series; I noticed that both my F430 and my 458/488 cars looked significantly better when they were in motion. One of my favorite things to do is to have a friend or family member drive my F car around town while I follow in another car. Ferraris are so rare where I live that the ONLY time I'm likely to see one rolling is if it's my car and I'm not in it :) These cars look so cool when seen from another car, in traffic. I've watched Ferrari's introduction video for the F8 showing the car in motion, but the editing makes it hard for me to form an opinion. I remain skeptical, but open minded for when I get to see it in person.

BTW, this weekend I will be taking my '19 488 to TAG Motorsports in Vista, CA for the installation of a set of Novitec springs and HRE 101LW wheels. I can't believe how elevated these cars look from the factory, and how much better they look with a lower ride height and flush wheel fitment. It transforms the car, in my opinion. Have you ever noticed how Ferrari's glamour shots of their cars, including the F8, look much, much lower and wider than they do in person? Compare the gaps in the wheel wells between the brochure pictures and the real world. It's quite obvious. Even Ferrari understands that the SUV look is not flattering to their cars...

19. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    People will call this car F8 ( i hope the tributo doesnt stick)for most part which is better than 488 which is a silly number to begin with.
    Any improvement on the current 488 front facia ( its most boring feature) is better. The aero tricks somtimes defeats aesthetic lines.
    The 720 hp figure gets to the proper supercar power output( also a response to the Mac 720S)
    The quad rear lights puts more milage from the 458 hints , tries to draw our eyes to the taillights once more rather than the rear diffuser after looking at the exhaust pipes. The roof line which is similar to the 458/488 looks dated. Too bad no improvement there. The interior still looks behind vs lambo feeling. I suspect with the combo 50 hp increase/ weight reduction etc,, it will feel much better driving vs 488. Will i feel its the 488 gtb replacement? Reluctanty perhaps, Need to see it in person. Meanwhile getting on the list. Now how to sell my 488.

20. vivaces

vivaces Rookie

Oct 19, 2009
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Jesse S.
    #1095 vivaces, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Jcmd, Viperjoe and keithos27 like this.
  21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Melons and keithos27 like this.
  22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Normally can't really stand schmee ,however good overview of the highlights,F8 looks plain Jane compared with this lot.

rumen1 and Thecadster like this.
  23. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Are you sure? I "heard" something completely different.

24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    The F8 just makes the 488 GTB old and leads the Pista to absurdity. Compared to the competition, this car brings nothing new. However, it is like it is, Ferrari is under pressure and now stress their loyal clientele. As admitted by Ferrari, the F8 is a car with a "transformative destiny", the 488 GTB was no longer competitive and the real new one is not finished yet.

gt_lusso likes this.
  25. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Couldn't agree more, the way they sit for a supercar is terrible, fill the arches with bigger wheels and lower and bingo they look gorgous.