A Rosso Portofino Portofino- they exist!! | FerrariChat

A Rosso Portofino Portofino- they exist!!

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Gcsdave, Mar 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    well the wait has been long and hard
    This arrived this morning and we should have the car in about 2-3 weeks! Off to topaz in London for a complete wrap first then the fun starts!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

MalibuGuy, Robb, anunakki and 11 others like this.
  2. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Congrats, looking pretty!

3. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Looks great, my spec is almost identical except full cuoio inside (black dashboard)!

Also getting full Topaz PPF.., expensive but one must protect the family jewels!

4. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yep total black dash but sabia elsewhere even top of the doors. Black carpets as this car is going to be used! The 488 is my lunatic car!

5. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    This makes me so happy!!! :)

6. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Amazing, what kind of seats did you use? And did you go nuts on the Carbon? I really want this colour or Blue Electrico.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gorgeous. Question for the PPF gurus. Do you also put some sort of ceramic coating over the PPF?
    T

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    You can do, but to my mind it’s not necessary. The PPF will protect the paint adequately. Ceramic coat on top would make it easier to wash, and the dirt won’t stick to the car as much, but for around $3k+ for a high quality ceramic, is it worth it?

I’m spending £5k+ on full PPF.., that’s plenty! I’d always choose PPF over ceramic if just doing one

tomc likes this.
  9. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    I think you can get ceramic built into the newer PPFs. Well my spider has a combined one as I understand it, so it is available certainly in the UK.

tomc likes this.
  10. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    My H has ceramic coating. Super easy to wash with deionized water rinse and electric leaf blower and stays looking clean longer. Whether it's worth the price is an individual decision.

tomc likes this.
  11. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Topaz are quoting £350+Vat for the ceramic coating on top of the £4,500+Vat for the full PPF. So as not much extra I’m going to have that too.

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I love this color. LOVE IT.

13. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yep that’s what I am doing on the porto. 488 was done the same and after 12 months looks like new.

14. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    spec from the my Ferrari portal! No carbon spoiler! Didn’t go for the centre bridge as it kind of matches the aluminium speaker grill. CarPlay as I want google maps in case our Italian friends don’t update the maps
    So quite well optioned. Great fun doing the atelier at maranello. The only bit we asked for that we don’t know if we got was a light roof headliner rather than the black. Will post pics when it arrives.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login ps it did have the rear light carbon inserts

Russ123 likes this.
  15. tquinton

tquinton Rookie

Aug 25, 2017
    Thinking about what I should do as pickup on Friday. As I probably won’t keep it for that long £4.5k seems like a lot, and I guess not likely to get it back when sell it. And what about paint correction- worth it/ not worth it ?

16. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I was asking the same questions a few days ago on a thread “to wrap or not to wrap”. Consensus was if you are going to spend £4.5k (+VAT!) on the PPF you may as well spend the £750 on detailing beforehand, which is indeed what I will do. However, if you are only likely to hold it for a short while I can see why you might not bother...

17. chrisf355spider

Jun 24, 2014
    buckinghamshire , uk
    Full Name:
    chris coates
    congratulations on your new car ... the colour looks really good and worth the wait .. just need an early English summer for roof down driving.

18. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Nice interior spec. Finally someone taking the lighter leather to the top of the door (whether that be creme or beige or cuoio). Not many images of the full leather to the top of the doors. Can you post some more interior shots?

19. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As soon as I get my hands on it!!

NZCREW likes this.
  20. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    Nice . I ordered the same color in Belgium . I ordered in march 2018 and Im still waiting for delivery . I have a delay for another six months. When did you ordered yours?

21. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  22. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    WoW it looks great. Cant wait anymore :)
    Good luck and many happy Miles or Km :)

23. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    LucasFerrari and NZCREW like this.
  24. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas