430 - 1000HP twin turbo Scud | FerrariChat

430 1000HP twin turbo Scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by shifter, Mar 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
  2. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I always find it interesting when the asking price on something like that is more than a regular one would be.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The "slammed" look with the big rims doesn't impress me personally.

My prediction is the buyer has a modded Viper, modded GT-R, pays near asking price, talks trash about how the regular 360 and 430 is "slow". Also talks trash about "Ferrari Owners" who never drive their cars and only keep them in the garage.

Then, complains when he sells after 1-2 years that Ferrari's are "worthless" and horrible investments.

efg2014, Mikael-F360 and 95spiderman like this.
  4. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Why anyone would do that to a Scud is beyond me. Not slamming UGR as they make insanely quality builds, but why not a regular 430?

MaranelloDave likes this.
  5. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #5 shifter, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe the one-up syndrome is taking over... Gated Scud? I can beat that.

Can’t wait for the all wheel drive Scud :/

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Fenz

Fenz Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    Team Europe
    I understand why people modify their cars.
    I don't understand why it's such a big problem for others.

The Scud looks great. Tasteful choice of wheels, perfect ride hight.

7. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    Because the Scud has a totally different feel to a regular 430. Much more direct and raw. Not the same thing.

8. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I am probably in the minority, but one thing I find appealing about the scud is that it does not have too much power. That allows you to at least have a chance to grab it by the scruff of the neck and hear that amazing engine scream. Not to mention those shifts under higher power.

Seems like adding turbos would actually not only reduce the amount of time you can be "on it" but also make the car sound worse.

Rather than a turbocharged scud, I think one would be way better served buying a pre-owned 488 if they really want a turbo car. Probably actually not that much more price wise if you adjust for the value of the extra years of warranty warranty as well as the potential extra drivetrain maintenance/repair costs of having a scud that has been turbocharged.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DirtyScud likes this.
  9. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Wow lol... Nice Jab..

How about a twin turbo fully built Gated Scud?

I find it interesting that there isn't this much disrespect and flaming on people who do things to there cars in the Lambo community but more so knowledge and support from others. Maybe it's time we come together and appreciate the effort and variety individual owners have to offer. I think we would have a lot more fun and more people would be willing to share their builds/stories on their cars.

driller1, cpep and Fenz like this.
  10. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    I really like this build. It cost I'm sure a crazy amount of money but more power to the owner for stepping up and paying for what he wanted and doing it in a first class manner. Having owned a Scuderia I remember very well the first time I planted my foot and the many subsequent times I enjoyed the feeling. So this would be a whole new level of wide eyed amazement.
    Probably a lot of the fun was in planning the build and watching it progress. Then the first ride! The car would be perfect for the Texas Mile or other top speed events. Maybe that is what it was built for or maybe the owner just likes building cars that push the limit.
    My question is why does it bother people so much what other people do with their money? I enjoy all aspects of the car hobby. Some people like collecting multiple cars. Some like trading frequently and some like keeping a car for years. Some like tracking and some like top end speed events. Some like measured performance and some find joy in the a solitary open road.
    So each to his own.

11. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have no problem with this. It is not over he top, and seems priced accordingly.

I remember someone here giving me static for having a small bumper sticker on my Stradale... Saying something like "tattoo on a supermodel." Holy smokes, this must really bundle his panties.

12. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
  13. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    I love this!

We are all different, if i go to a carshow - i don´t want to see stock cars lining up… this for me is the same - someone who´s doing he´s own thing and gives it a personal touch. convert it manual and we have a homerun ;)

unreelviper likes this.
  14. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I find it pretty damn awesome.

15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Cool build.

16. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    That's badass.

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Perhaps the owner was ahead of this times; turned his Scud into a Pista before Ferrari even drew it up.

18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    That things hardly a scud anymore...would be a blast to drive!

19. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    That's crazy, would love that thing.