Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 49 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Agree, but I think we can expect that bigger change in BB and, with F8 they could only go so far with changes without totally pissing 488 and Pista owners off. As it is, some (inc myself) may rightfully say they went too far with what they did for F8 as it sure is way more than just a facelift.
    F8 owners will be very happy with this car indeed! As it stands it WILL be the last non hybrid V8tt too!

Principissimo likes this.
  2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    difficult to predict, however, it would be enough of a lack of investment to limit development and be technologically outdated, lack of reliability, of resale difficulty of old models to destroy the fragile brand image of McLaren

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    This is true. But potential customers of F8 come from 458 and 488. And they have the same interior ;)
    If I have to spend money for a house I prefer a new house not mine refurbished ;)
    We are speaking of Ferrari. From Ferrari I expect the top and the restyling of a 2009 car is not the top ;)
    IMHO

gto85 likes this.
  4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    What really is the improvement since the MP4? A bit of performance but everyone does that and the MP4 was equally as strong in its day. Appearance is the same basic idea (similar proportions, quite modern and futuristic), carbon tub, check, tenneco trick suspension, check. To me the MP4 was the best looking and most original. Today’s cars use the same basic engine and it is getting old now.

458-Italia likes this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It’s funny you say that because I think the MP4-12C is the third best looking modern McLaren behind the 720s and 570GT. I thought the others were terrible including the P1.

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    You say that Ferrari is active in the fashion industry? That explains a lot. ;)

What you mention is a dangerous game when the product itself can not prevail through innovation and function.

Shadowfax likes this.
  7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ENJOY! (hehe, still think 458 is HOT! Just classic pininfarina! )

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Without a doubt. The 458 is gorgeous. The MP4-12C is only good looking FOR A MCLAREN.

Shadowfax likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #1209 Ferrari 308 GTB, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Ferrari astutely unveiled its new F8 Tributo last week, getting ahead of the flurry Geneva launches by doing so. Now, though, it's used the Swiss event to disseminate more details of the forthcoming 488 replacement. The most significant of these relate to the engine and dynamic enhancements, and there's quite a lot to get through, so let's get stuck in.

We already know that the F8 Tributo will use a Pista-derived engine to match that car's outputs of 720hp at 8,000rpm and 568lb ft of torque, but Ferrari has today revealed just how it accomplished this whilst making the V8 freer-revving and also meeting stricter emissions targets.

Compared to the 488 GTB, the car which the F8 will directly replace, that Pista engine already boasts 50 per cent new components, items which, for starters, are joined in the Tributo by Inconel exhaust manifolds and intake lines from the 488 Challenge racer.

To deal with a 10 per cent increase in combustion chamber pressure there are uprated valves and springs, a new cam profile, strengthened pistons and cylinder heads and friction-reducing DLC-coated piston pins, apparently derived directly from F1. Combined with titanium con-rods and a lighter, optimised crankshaft and flywheel, all of these components not only help to improve engine performance, but also result in a 17 per cent reduction in inertia and an 18kg weight saving. @PH

of2worlds, iloveferrari and crinoid like this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I am amazed how far away this is considering how easy it should be to introduce F8 production along Pista - the F8 (with the modified radiators position) seems to be a Pista with a different engine and different bumpers (and different dashboard air vents, and that's it)...
    The 488 was far more different from the 458 and after unveiled in March '15 deliveries started in Sept. '15.

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Perhaps this delayed introduction is to permit completion of the Pista run ?​

boobernackle and 458-Italia like this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari say they have a completely new profile for interior door panels,facia and centre console.I agree doesn't look very different at first sight.

13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Could make sense if the Pista engine is going to be banned by whatever emission rules in 2020 - although the Pista spiders are expected for 2020, so it does not seem to be the case. The issue I see for Ferrari is that I don't know how they could sell only Pista in 2019 (who would buy a brand new 488 now, while it was already not so easy anymore without the replacement unveiled?)
    That would mean about 4000 to 5000 Pista in 2019, which would be a stretch given the price level (and also not very good for speculators expecting big returns from the Pista).

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I know. I was thinking about the same thing. Don't know how that would work for the number.

15. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Sure !

16. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Not only this.
    Also some lessons in Porsche history.

Shadowfax likes this.
  17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    How can it be 4 years if they said the segment will be completely hybrid by 2021?

jpalmito likes this.
  18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    MARANELLO (AFP) - Most of the cars made by Ferrari will be hybrid petrol-electric by 2022, the Italian sports car manufacturer said on Tuesday (Sept 18), including its first SUV.

"By 2022, nearly 60 per cent of the models we produce will be built around hybrid powertrains," new CEO Louis Camilleri said at the company's Maranello headquarters.

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1219 Shadowfax, Mar 7, 2019
    Oh c'mon don't have such high expectations over what is or isn't the perfect look. I mean is there such thing? So long as the car drives right it's good. If you get one, drive the pants of it and you will love it i'm sure of that. Its'already a great looking car even in 488 form.
    The more I look at F8 the more I like it and i'm sure its gonna deliver, and that's the main thing so far as i'm concerned anyway. I guess if you look at something long enough you can talk yourself out of buying anything. Proof of any car is in the drive and i'm sure this one will be better than the last and it was good on the day and still is.

ingegnere likes this.
  20. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I know, but when it comes to the mid-engine segment, It's "full hybrid range by 2021"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #1221 Ferrari 308 GTB, Mar 7, 2019
    Maybe F8 would fit into the Opportunity for additional product extensions?

Just a guess....

ahh they say full hybrid range ...NOT fully hybrid range.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I don't get the need for two pictures? They don't show anything about a car.

23. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Agree with you my friend ;)
    Only I'm a little bit disappointed by some things in this car but, still, I like it.
    I still don't know if I'll order it or take a 812 instead but it will be a great car.

Shadowfax likes this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    You and me both. The only thing that would put me off buying it would be knowing how much more $ BB is and when I can have it. Now that could change everything for me and what I do with Pista and F8.

Principissimo likes this.
  25. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I think it's related to how the segment will be split: one car for "fun to drive" (Twisty road), the other (BB) focused on performance (Fiorano).