F8 - F8 is out and now? | FerrariChat

F8 F8 is out and now?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Principissimo, Mar 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think you'll do?

1. Order F8

2. Keep my 488

3. Keep my 458

4. Look at other brand

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Just curious to know what is your feeling now.

2. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Keep my Pista (and my Speciale) :)

I can’t answer, sorry

3. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Actually you are a problem for my poll :(
    Great cars and wise choice ;)

of2worlds, Roland1688 and 458-Italia like this.
  4. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    In general, ppl who have Pista or have it coming will order the F8T anyway. Ppl who have the regular 488 will most likely gonna wait and see. Since they changed the design language, and the competitions are kinda weak, the Huracan evo and Porsche 2RS just cant take down the F8T, then 720s is old news. I would expect there will be some new blood joining the community.

5. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Both Pista and F8 : does this not duplicate?

6. bobhitch

bobhitch Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Keep my 488 spider
    For one ,it is a spider.
    The extra power is irrelevant for me.
    I think it looks fantastic but, rather than changing for a refresh, I will wait for a whole new model before deciding whether to make a change.

TR007, JimPVB, Ski Bum and 5 others like this.
  7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not sure most Pista owners will go for an F8, but many will go for whatever "regular" car (F8 or other) since they'll keep the Pista virtually unused for value preservation.
    We may see more F8 on track than Pista.

8. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    ppl who get the Pista allocation chances are playing the ferrari game, so yeah they will buy whatever the new models come out. Plus if F8T is closer to pista performance that means F8T is an actual usable car to them. and no, they do not duplicate in the reality of the ferrari world.

iloveferrari likes this.
  9. Principissimo

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    Actually this is my feeling too.
    Even cause a F8 with the specs I have on my 488 will be a crazy price ;)

TR007 likes this.
  10. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    F8 I am excited about as it represents the best “GT” car in the line starting with the 458. Faster, more stylish, and the last of this model. But better than a Pista? Not on the track, no.

Just as the TdF is vastly superior to the 812 for the track, so to is the Pista over the F8. Drive them back to back on the track and you will understand. Same as the Speciale vs a 488. The Speciale is dialed in and a beast on the track, the 488 is more of a GT sports car.

I drive the 458 Challenge quite often. I have driven the 488 GT3. The GT3 car in both 458 and 488 form is leaps and bounds superior to the similar Challenge car. Ferrari has all these models dialed in for the targeted client.

So many times the average client tends to say the latest GT variant is “better” than or the same as the previous street race version of the car it drives me batty. The weight deltas alone tell you all you need to know. Flying into the corner with 1 or 200 more pounds is a big deal for stopping, turning, reapplying throttle. Just saying they both go 0-60 in 2.9 is missing the turns.

11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    The F8 looks a lot better in the videos than I initially thought it would. I had an allocation for an F8, but passed on it - wasn't really all that impressed with the 488 / turbo motor, nor is the timing right for a new car right now, given my business commitments. The F8 is nice looking though.

My guess is that Pista owners will cash out of their Pistas for a profit (for themselves and for their dealers) and roll into the F8, since it appears to be very similar. If I owned a Pista, I think that would be my move.

Ray

12. Euroryno

Euroryno Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2015
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    New Hybrid standard order car slotting in above the F8 will be the one to make people drop their 488’s like a hot potato. Word is after speaking with my service manager today there might be a ‘standard production run’ mid engine V12 coming too. Anyone heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Completely agree/well said!

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The Pista is undoubtly superior to the F8 on track (although to put some perspective, the weight difference is less than the weight of a passenger), because they have the same power and the Pista is more focussed (although not many have driven Pista and F8 back to back on track, I would guess) - I would really argue that the Speciale is not better than the 488 on track because it has a huge power deficit.
    The Speciale is more prestigious, but that's it.
    In both cases, the appreciation of value is subjective - some are happy to claim they spend more money and consider this as a value in itself, but some may have another point of view.

15. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    too good to be real

Ogbean and LARRYH like this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I plan to order an F8 ..I think it is the best looking of the 458 line.. excluding perhaps the Pista. Given the chioce I would prefer the Pista ..and I have been offered all sort of paths to purchase a Pista from my dealer but non of them are straight up order the car deals...so it will be an F8 for me...

Jon Von Bon and of2worlds like this.
  17. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Had a 458 for 5 years....Never traded it up for a 488 as it didn't excite me enough visually (compared to the 458) to make the upgrade....plus not a fan of turbos
    Needed 4 seats....traded 458 for a Lusso....love it
    Have a '16 GT3RS which will likely get traded for an F8 in a couple years once the commoners like myself can get an allocation....The F8 excites me enough visually to put up with the turbo....

of2worlds and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Skip and keep my Speciale and Pista. Waiting for BB reveal.

tekaefixe and dmark1 like this.
  19. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    That passenger would be the same weight in both cars, right? Or do you compare one car without a passenger to another car with a passenger?

The Pista is faster around the track than the Speciale. Just as the 488 Challenge is faster around the track than the 458.Challenge. Many feel the turbo element reduces the purity of the driving experience and prefer the 458’s. The words I have heard that summarize it best are the 488 CH is a point and shoot car whereas the 458 CH is a better driving experience. Essentially the 488 revs too darn fast. But yes, the 488 is faster.

But, you miss the critical point when comparing the 488 to the Speciale. One is lighter and track focused, the other is not. So, the straight is faster but the turn is slower. The extra weight makes the car less nimble on the track. Drive those two back to back on the track. The smiles of more hp fade when trying to negotiate the apex. The extra weight and less track focused parts are noticeable. This is the entire point I was making, just like with the F12 TdF versus the 812.

theplanner and nads like this.
  20. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I will keep my 430 Scuderia and my Pista. No interest in the transitional F8. My eye is on BB or mid-engine V12 hybrid if my dealer rumor is true.

dmark1 likes this.
  21. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

¨

Just to be clear - a regular 488 is faster on tracks than a Speciale, not just in straight lines.

Those of us that have tracked both can attest. And yes - even with Novice driver (me), and Pro Instructor. Both people were faster, and the skill range is significant. Ferrari also reported this at their track. The torque and power delivery are just too strong in the 488, and the handling although not as razor as a Speciale, is still so strong that allows for great entry and exit speeds.

The Speciale is awesome - but there is a line where nostalgia ends and facts begin. Trust me - I enjoy the whole Ferrari story - nostalgia, feel, emotion, etc included. But, let’s at least not stretch the truth.

22. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I think I’ll put a deposit on a F8 Spider now and drive the F8 GTB when it comes out then make my decision. Until then I’m not going to get my panties in a wad over which is better a 488 or a F8 it’s a waste of energy. Best ,Kirk.

JimPVB and Viperjoe like this.
  23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Wondering if BB will be easier if you have been through F8 (and 488, 812 etc.)?

24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I have an 812 and 488 (will trade for Pista when it arrives in a few months).

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ill keep my 488GTB,

But this is where im a bit different to many. I don't like Carbon. The PISTA looks great. Could I get one , probably but never asked as its full of carbon. And frankly if you don't get all the carbon it will look as a poor PISTA

Now with the Geneva show the blue car showed they could have all leather and no carbon. Even the bonnet is aluminium. This makes me happy. But then again im going to enjoy the 488 GTB until the last day of F8 ordered. Which will be 3 years.

Im not interested 100% for electric cars even if their faster and certainly not V6's. And BB will still have electric.

So im gonna wait 3 years and not give it a thought.

WM458 and Viperjoe like this.