1995 F355 Challenge ex Tommy Hilfiger Gooding Auction | FerrariChat

1995 F355 Challenge ex Tommy Hilfiger Gooding Auction

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  2. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Will be interesting to watch. From pictures I saw from the preview, it looks like the engine and other components have corrosion on them and the engine bay was not detailed at all. Any idea why? Was this stored in a humid place for a long time?

Engine out was done in 2015 (about 700 miles ago), so I guess engine out service is needed next year?

Attached Files:

3. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Auctionday

SoCal1 likes this.
  4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Sold for 137,500 plus fees.

So 150k paid by the buyer.

Robb

ShineKen likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Telefon Bidder

6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Is it just me or did the car not look clean inside all the areas? Seems like a lot of dirt. I like the car and think it was a good buy - obviously.

Robb

ShineKen likes this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The buyer called me today on the phone. He is very excited for the purchase. Added to his collection of very special Ferraris. He is a member on Ferrarichat. I'll look forward to his reports and adventures. He agreed the exterior was good. Interior needed a little TLC. Congrats to both buyer and seller.

Car stays in the US.

Robb

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Would probably fetch $150k+ if it was a bit better sorted, which has been my point in some of these challenge threads. Great value for both buyer and seller and something for buyer to do.

Ferrari 308 Vetro and Robb like this.
  9. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Challenge cars are, I think, as close to our generation’s (X) only barn find. We won’t be finding any 250’s or gto’s in indiana jones’ warehouse...

Plus the history is something most other cars just don’t have to begin with even if they are a half million or more... Enjoyable, usable, and in some cases profitable. For their more normal, less-stratospheric prices, you can have very rare and special cars.

Challenge cars have cool and unknown history just waiting to be discovered - that to me also references the barn find feeling.

I’ve been trying to make time to post all my challenge records publicly, so will try to do that soon. Hopefully it will continue to help owners with their stories and encourage the track experiences and restorations.

Robb

10. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Congrats to the new owner!!!!

Leave alll that race dirt in the car, maybe someday DNA testing may show something cool. Dont destroy the evidence :)

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  11. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Lol

Robb

12. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Well bought, congrets to the new owner. Cool Guy, passioned for the Ferraris, greetings from Amelia

13. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    All us Challenge car owners owe you a big thank you for getting the history for us and making it available. Got an invitation the other day to join a Challenge series for vintage Challenge cars. Can only help with the value I would think.

ShineKen, Ferrari 308 Vetro and Robb like this.
  14. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    What is this, where?

Challenge series for vintage Challenge cars

15. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    New Passione Ferrari Club Challenge Series

Dear FCA Members,
    You may have already heard about the new series from Ferrari for historics Challenge cars from the 348 Challenge to the 458 Challenge. This is a great opportunity for those that have genuine cars to get some great track time at some of the best tracks in the uS, get involved with Ferrari Challenge series at a lower entry point, and just have some fun. To get more infomation please contact your dealer directly.

At Club Challenge events, drivers will focus their attention on the clock, with a chance to measure against and beat their personal best time. Each customer owned Challenge car, fitted with telemetry devices, will record lap times, allowing the driverto simultaneously improve their skills on the track, while seeing how they compare to other drivers. Expert Ferrari driving instructors will additionally be available for one-on-one coaching offering driving technique workshops, in-car coaching, post-drive telemetry and driving style analysis.

In addition to coaching, each Passione Ferrari Club Challenge member will receive up to two hours of track time (per day) on each Friday, Saturday and Sunday of select Ferrari Challenge events, access to the Ferrari Challenge paddock and hospitality, and a bundle of driver gear including a Sabelt firesuit, gloves, shoes, underwear, helmet and an HANS device.

Please note that all historic Challenge cars will be welcome in this program, but only 488 Challenge cars will receive FNA parts-support at each event. All cars must be Ferrari Genuine with no modifications made.
    If a client really wants to feel, live and share their passion for racing, the official Passione Ferrari Club Challenge program is the perfect outlet!

Passione Ferrari Club Challenge Program Details:
    The annual membership fee of $9,000 includes:

• 1 year membership
    • 2 tracks of choice
    • Hospitality access at each registered event ford river and one guest
    • Passione Ferrari Club Challenge driver gear package
    • Access to daily coaching and telemetry analysis

Active members may purchase access to additional events as follows:
    • Additional 3 track Package: $10,500
    • Additional single track Cost: $4,000

The 2019 North American Passione Ferrari Club Challenge is as follows:
    • March 8 - 10 (COTA)
    • April 5 - 7 (Sebring)
    • May 10 - 12 (Laguna Seca)
    • July 26 - 28 (Indianapolis)
    • September 6 - 8 (Homestead-Miami)

What a great way to get the most out of your Ferrari. I hope you will join them.

All the Best,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    This I know, thank you

17. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Great to see this sale. I am very good friends with a prior owner of this car, and we had plenty of adventures with it. I mentioned some of them in the other thread (closed?). Like when it was stolen and missing for over a year before being recovered (I ended up being interviewed on the local news about it; still have the video somewhere). Or when we spray painted, with cans, the headlight buckets in a Montreal hotel parking garage stairwell -- the car didn't have headlights, and the owner wanted to drive it from NH to Montreal for the F1 weekend, so I picked up some street-legal parts like the headlights from the local dealership, met him in Montreal, and installed them. If you look at the headlight covers closely, I think you'll notice a color difference. :) And I have some photos and video of the car bombing around Montreal with straight pipes during the weekend, doing a burnout on the CARPET during judging for Tutto Italiano in Brookline, MA, and more. Oh, and some video from bombing around New Hampshire Motor Speedway in it too. Great fun, hope the new owner enjoys!

--Dennis