Where do you take your cars for service in Vegas? | FerrariChat

Where do you take your cars for service in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by GrantRR, Mar 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrantRR

GrantRR Rookie

Dec 14, 2014
    I searched and only found an old thread for a place that seems to be closed. Where is your recommended place for an independent mechanic specialized in Ferrari's in Las Vegas?

I just picked up a 2003 Ferrari 360 Spyder 6MT and was interested in having the basic timing belt service done. I'm in St. George, UT so I'd likely put the car on a trailer and send it down.

Thanks,
    Grant

2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  3. GrantRR

GrantRR Rookie

Dec 14, 2014
  4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    That is an awesome picture!!!

The guys at Towbin all came from Penske-Wynn and They have done great by me and most of the Las Vegas that are on FChat. I go back over 25 years with Rich and he really does his job well. If you want an introduction it would be my pleasure. Before the dealership opened up at the Wynn, I was sending my cars to the Bay area for service.

The only other suggestion that I can make is going up 15 to Salt Lake.

vegasviper and daytona355 like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Looks homely..... hehehehe

BOKE likes this.
  6. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    I've been down to Italy Auto Service and chatted with them for a bit when I was thinking about a 355 and was looking for potential shops to do the engine out service. The inside of the shop doesn't look much better than the outside. They seemed friendly enough, but I think you'd really need to talk with someone that has actually had their car serviced by them to get a better idea of what their work is like - something along the lines of not judging a book by the cover. HoweverI decided I probably wouldn't take my car there based on what it looked like though!
    I just took my 430 into Towbin Ferrari and so far have been happy with them. Omar is my SA as well. Also met Ken Tangen who is one of the sales reps. I plan on having any service done there that I can't do at home. I kinda sucked up to them a bit since I'm trying to finagle a factory visit to Maranello this summer! We'll see how it goes.

7. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Rich Kansky asked me to post up his mobile number and email in case anyone needs anything, or they get stuck in Las Vegas.

Rich and I have been going steady for 23 years. Text him questionable pictures late at night and you may get a discount. It worked for me. YMMV

Richard Kansky
    Service Director Towbin Motor Cars
    [email protected]

ryalex likes this.
  8. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Royalty Exotic Cars is opening a service center next month. I've seen there work and they seem extremely familiar with working on exotic cars. One unique thing is all their cars have a ton of miles, so they may see things that even dealerships may not even get to see.

They have a Huracan with 160K miles and used to have a 488 Spider with 90K miles for example.

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Don't let the appearance fool you. Gary is world class, he has done dozens of major services for my Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Lotus Esprits. He caters to very demanding owners and celebrities. I wouldn't hesitate taking any of my other cars to him as well.
    Don't get me wrong, Rich is great at Towbin, but you will spend less bypassing the Ferrari dealer, as with anywhere else on the planet.

10. vegasviper

vegasviper Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2005
    Las Vegas,NV

Rich is a great guy, fair as well. I have know him him for 10 years, glad to hear others know/appreciate him as well

Vegas CS, BOKE and ryalex like this.
  11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have been taking my 430 Spider to Rich since 2008. It is a 900 mile round trip drive for me every year. I totally trust him and Omar. I cannot imagine going to another shop

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Vegas CS, BOKE and ryalex like this.
  12. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    I have used Italy Service. They treated me right. I can recommend Brian (owner) and Abe (who is amazingly knowledgeable about my 308). They’ve moved! New address:

4185 West Tompkins Ave Las Vegas, NV 89103

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Interesting... that's pretty close to The Orleans.

14. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    There’s only one place to go IMO. Rich, Omar, Tavis, and crew at Ferrari Las Vegas.

ryalex and fastfreddy like this.
  15. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Italy Service rocks. They do it all, had my Diablo, Testarossa, vintage Rolls, and Lotus Esprit there in and out in no time. Good luck doing that with Ferrari Las Vegas. And bring your check book. The thicker one.

16. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari

Are these new owners for Italy Service?

What happened to Gary?

I knew Italy service back in the day when Oscar owned it with John as his mechanic.

17. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Gary retired, Brian took over the business, and ran with it. He is a true car guy like Gary was and runs a top notch facility now. I believe he is THE place to go to now, proof is in the cars there on any given day. The word is out.

18. mikeferrari2000

BANNED

Dec 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    mike ferrari
    Brian from formerly Wynn Ferrari? I miss that place Wynn is not the same without the Dealership