RHD 812 for sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

RHD 812 for sale

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Wheels1, Aug 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Thanks.
    Just curious what these are going for and what dealers are allowed to sell them at.
    I have no issue with letting market decide value but could not reconcile prices with dealers selling at list.

2. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    ajr550 likes this.
  3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It will have been well used, they used the dealer demo's on track days at Silverstone last year and were quickly covering the number plates up.
    I don't know whose the red one was that I used, but I enjoyed myself if you know what I mean!

KenU, of2worlds and deltona like this.
  4. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    So it would seem that FNE are now allowing dealers to advertise 812’s. At least it should give us a bit more clarity about the market.

5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Yes,a few appearing now.All low mileage examples seem to be priced around £370,000.
    The HR Owen one has Sabbia leather (I have seen it in showroom) I don't think it was their demonstrator but can't be sure.
    They had a TDF blue demonstrator but very different spec.

6. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Yes, you are correct. I thought it was a launch spec car but as from the photos a modestly specced car with silver tdf wheels are Sabbia. Looks like it listed at about 260k plus 27k options so still a premium even with 8,000 miles. I quite like the spec apart from the red vent rings. Shows that modest spec can still look nice. How did it look when you saw it in the showroom?

https://www.hrowen.co.uk/used-car-details/used-ferrari-812-superfast/id-30464123/

7. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Looks really good but I would say that as I specced mine in TDF blue and Sabbia with tdf wheels and alloy callipers but with a lot more options (and black vent rings !).

of2worlds and deltona like this.
  8. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Mine is due in 2 weeks and was big spec TM so £375 eith apotox 110k extras - then I Helped spec my cousins car TM and went really mad and his is due in s few months but listing approx £420k! Hard to believe but true ......

9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    TM is an expensive hobby, but a wonderful experience . Looking forward to seeing both cars

JagShergill and ajr550 like this.
  10. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    I'm going next month for my first TM experience for my 812, any tips to share to make the most of the day??

of2worlds likes this.
  11. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I could only suggest to have some outline of the car you want, as it can be overwhelming when faced with so many options.

JagShergill, of2worlds and Foxmod like this.
  12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The Count Prestige leather as noted by others is very nice and only available through the tailor made program. Also they have a lot of exclusive paint colors to choose from that are not well known by the public. Have you any firm idea of what paint shade you might choose; a red, gray or a blue perhaps?

13. Foxmod

Foxmod Karting

Jun 17, 2012
    Midlands, UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah going with an historic colour, and a brief, its the interior I'll spend most of the time on as its my first V12, more used to V8, so alot more can be changed and optioned. Harder to visualized in my head

of2worlds likes this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    with a Historic colour maybe go for a classic interior with pigskin like traveller (Tim) did on his Blu Simond tdF.

Foxmod likes this.
  15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    My car has just gone into production, a few months earlier than schedule. Should be perfect driving weather when it arrives.

One thing is puzzling. The dealers keep insisting 812 is sold out in the UK. But there are at least a dozen UK cars for sale and they are not moving fast. Most are advertised, and some quietly available through dealers.

Something doesn't sound right in this picture.

16. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Market has changed dramatically since people ordered and Ferrari took too long to get deliveries into UK market.
    Contrast with length of time between ordering a Pista and receiving in UK.
    Old rules apply buy,enjoy and cross fingers on depreciation !
    Congratulations by the way it is an epic car.

17. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha

18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Enjoy the whole day -don’t rush anything ! Be prepared with your ideas in advance , however also be prepared to totally change any plans of the spec when you get there. With the input of the designers they normally have great ( normally !) ideas to compliment your ideas . Also , ask to see the many other images of TM cars they have done showing how certain visual features work together in patterns but don’t work individually .... Oh , and revel in the experience !! Good luck !

Lukeylikey and Foxmod like this.
  19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I’m hoping to get my TM in time for MM tribute which I have been accepted for. We ordered ours a day apart so maybe I have some hope! My first price came out at £377k which I thought was extravagant so I made a few changes.....and eventually ended up at about £385k! That worked well?! But it’s TM, it makes you justify stupid stuff and there’s no getting around it. What a fantastic experience and I think when the car arrives I’ll be stoked, might even think it’s, er, good value....?!

To the op, as per the advice Jag gave, be prepared like a good Boy Scout! The time really flies and you think “it’s only picking a few colours and finishes for the inside and outside of a car, how hard can it be?” Turns out, that takes hours! I had two fairly well developed ideas, chose one of them very quickly during the session and still ran out of time. My 2nd TM a few months later was much better (Pista Spider) but if you have no idea beforehand you will waste a lot of time and maybe get an average result. Well, there is no ‘average’ with TM but you get what I mean. Hope it goes well and you enjoy it.

JagShergill and Foxmod like this.
  20. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Dealers were given the go ahead to sell 812's and Porto's last week from Ferrari, so that is why quite a few have suddenly come on the market. Some dealers were running 2 demo's so they may be unloading them as well?
    They still insist that the books are closed on the 812 though.

21. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I think HR Owen sold a couple already that were only listed last week.

As you say Grant, my dealer insists sold out and no cancelled orders.

22. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I’m hopeful you will get your Tm well in time for the Mm tribute .... :)

23. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    They have a couple more now including a one week old TDF/Nero @ £ 306 !

24. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Do you have a link to that car Jimmie? I can't seem to find it and it seem way too cheap.
    There seem to be just 5 dealer cars left out of 15 or so demo's with faily high milage.

25. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I was told they are on the email stock list