TR radio | FerrariChat

TR radio

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ferralc, Mar 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Guys I will have my car´s judged at a Concours, as long as I know the radios never came from factory so having an aftermarket radio installed would have an impact on the scorecard??
    I have an aftermarket exhaust which might deduct me 1 point but because it is an Ansa exhaust maybe I wont???Anybody with experience about this???

2. 512pilot

512pilot Rookie

Oct 22, 2018
    I used to judge Concours for Jags way back when the Earth was still Cooling and I'm sure rules have changed since then but from what I remember you will get points deducted for non-standard exhaust. As for the radios, other people will be able to answer that better than I can on this thread. My understanding, since I don't have my Ferrari yet, is that if no specific radio came with the car then it doesn't matter what you have in there.

Corrections or updates anyone?

Sent from my VS995 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    also my thinking, but the radio I would say have to be equal to the age of the car. not that you put in a brand new one with USB

ferralc likes this.
  4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Depends on the concours, everyone is different. Ferrari club national events use the IAC/PFA judging guidelines. I happen to be one of the national judges and a borad member of the IAC/PFA. We do not judge radios in the cars like yours that did not come with them. We do see that they work and as long as the are unobtrusively installed we really dont care what is in there. If you have utilized other than the stock speaker locations and the look of them that would be a judgement call on the part of the judges.

Aftermarket exhaust is a deduction and if it is just a muffler by our guidelines you are correct, it would be 1 point.

ferralc likes this.
  5. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I have no cats and tubi precats (sorry I do like it a bit louder) does this means more points deducted??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Yes.

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have an old Alpine unit that was installed in a 1990 Testarossa i had years ago....if you think this would help with judging let me know.

ferralc likes this.
  8. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I can't think of any reason it would.