South West Ferrari Cars and Coffee 2019 | FerrariChat

South West Ferrari Cars and Coffee 2019

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bluebottle, Feb 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    The days are getting longer and the weather is getting better (sort of!), so Spring can’t be far away – time to get your Ferrari out of hibernation!

If you came along last year, you know the form. If not, then this is something for Ferrari owners in the South West who like to do things on the spur of the moment, because it seems like a good idea at the time, instead of planning ahead. This is a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required.

No special arrangements, just a chance to meet up with other Ferrari owners, see their cars, have a chat over a cup of coffee, etc., and to take your car out for a drive early on a Sunday morning when there is not so much traffic around, pick up the papers, and get home in time for lunch.

So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not a Ferrari Owners’ Club event so any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not.

Date: Sunday 10th. March and the second Sunday of every month thereafter:

Sunday 14th. April
    Sunday 12th. May
    Sunday 9th. June
    Sunday 14th. July
    Sunday 11th. August
    Sunday 8th. September
    Sunday 13th. October​

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for hot drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there some time this year!

daytona355 and A348W like this.
  2. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Looking forward to getting out!

Will take the missus one time as I promised to take her to the Mulberry outlet. (Probably not my smartest move!!)

flyer47 and daytona355 like this.
  3. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    I am certainly going to try to make it, possibly April

4. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Actually - now realise I am going to either FOC AGM or son running Brighton Marathon on 14th April. Might manage to get to March meeting.

5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    #5 Bluebottle, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    It would be very nice to see you in March if you can make it, Francis.

The last time we met . . .

Image Unavailable, Please Login

For the uninitiated, we were both taking entirely different routes back from Maranello and by some extraordinary coincidence our paths crossed in an out of the way village in the middle of rural France!

6. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Nice photo - two lovely looking cars.

Bluebottle likes this.
  7. thesmithsUK

thesmithsUK Karting

Sep 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Geoff Smith
    Will try and get to one of these. But boy, Cornwall's a long way from anywhere! 300 mile round-trip for breakfast?! Will try and weave it into a weekend away...

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I know - I used to live there!

It would be good to see you if you do decide to make the pilgrimage and if you have not seen the museum it is worth the journey.

Are you on the FOC Devon & Cornwall emailing list? If so, there may be some nearer events for you.

9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Unless I missed something Haynes is nowhere near Cornwall! It’s in Somerset which doesn’t even border Cornwall.

But I suppose it’s relative to where you are coming from...I guess.

10. thesmithsUK

thesmithsUK Karting

Sep 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Geoff Smith
    When you live in West Cornwall, you need to re-calibrate your sense of distance!

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Ahhh, my mistake...you are in Cornwall!

Yup, it is a long way..but worth the effort to get there.

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    #12 Bluebottle, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Today dawned very blustery but (mainly) dry.

I thought I was going to be outnumbered by McLarens when these twins turned up a couple of minutes after I did:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

but in due course 8 more ferraris arrived to make a total of 8 cars, not bad considering the time of year and the weather we have been having lately: 458 x 2, 599, 348 x 2, 360, 488, 308 and 550.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    A good turnout as you say,hopefully,will make the April meet.

14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    'Twas a dry and mostly sunny morning - perfect driving weather - and we had an 8-car / 11-person turnout this month.

FOC members from Wessex, West Country and Cotswolds areas, as well as non-member owners.

7 V8s (360 spider, 430, 430 spider, 308 GTB, 328 GTB, 348 TS, 458 spider) and one V12 (550).

As usual, we rearranged the furniture in the Cafe and enjoyed the usual excellent breakfast.

There was also a 308 in the foyer at Haynes, parked next to a Countach - beauty and the best IMO!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

A348W likes this.
  15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    A number of us actually had a look around the museum, which really is very good - it's a fascinating cross-section of cars from all over the world, from the mundane to the exotic, and of all ages in the history of the motor car. A few Ferraris, but nothing amazing. However, if your interest is more general, I can thoroughly recommend it if you have never paid it a visit. Here is a few of the cars that took my eye this morning, though there were many, many more:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
  17. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Thank you for arranging these meetings,enjoyed and appreciated by all who attend.
    Hopefully see you next month.
    Tom

Bluebottle likes this.
  18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Crikey, looks like it was done with spray cans out on a driveway on a windy day..... what a mess. The paint is in globules!

19. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    My pleasure. I hope you will come again. Unfortunately I shall be in Durham in May for my daughter's birthday, but hope to be there in June.

20. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Sadly I shall be on my way up to the Frozen North on Sunday morning, so shall not be at Haynes. Maybe someone who does go along can give a short report / take some photos? Thanks.

21. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015
    Hello John,
    Hopefully,I will be attending again this Sunday so will make a note of the cars turning up for you.Unfortunately, I am unable to download photo's but will pass on your request to those who arrive and might be able to.
    Have a safe trip on Sunday and hope to see you next month.
    Tom

22. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks, Tom. Just a quick "headcount" would be great. It's interesting to know how many turned up and a post may encourage others to come next time.

23. SJP 5

SJP 5 Karting

Jun 7, 2015