For Sale - 1975 Ferrari 308 GT4 [Rear Seat Delete] | FerrariChat

For Sale 1975 Ferrari 308 GT4 [Rear Seat Delete]

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 19633500GT, Mar 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    My 1975 308 GT4 #10400

52K miles, and had been off the road since about 2009 until earlier this year. It was with the previous owner since 1981 or so. I agreed to purchase this car in the fall last year from him, but did not have a chance to get it from him until early January. It has been stored indoors at his airplane hanger, and now at the shop I use, and this week will come back to my house here in CT (pending any snow storms lol).

I have had the fuel system completely gone through, the drivers side tank pulled, a small hole welded and re-sprayed and then cleaned. All new fuel hoses all around.

New battery, new fuel pump.

The Webers were removed and completely rebuilt. The brakes were gone through, bled, checked, and new fluid added. Oil change, new plugs, and both distributors taken apart, wiring gone through and re-installed.

The above was $3,500.00 of work over the last few weeks from Auto Turismo Sport LTD in New Milford, CT (receipt attached).

Tires are older Fulda's, but are crack free and have plenty of tread (obviously replacing is recommended, tire rack or local shops have 14" sizes in sticky stuff for relatively cheap).

It is now running and driving, however, I have not had a chance to 1. clean/check the window switches 2. check all electrical fuses/grounds for verification 3. replace the belts (cam/timing). To get it to the next level, it should be treated to a full major service (water pump, valve check/shim etc etc along with regular "major" items). When it gets to my house this week I'll start going through the electrics/fuses etc.

The OEM air-box cleaner and "top" is getting new wrinkle finish paint later next week, but will be complete with the car (photos are with it uninstalled).

I have removed the seats, cleaned, and leatherique treated both of them, then re-installed. The bolster on the drivers side needs attention, but I struggled with recovering the seats, as the patina is actually quite nice, and the leather treatment went a long way.

Books, tools, emergency triangle and shop manual included. As well as a satin car cover.

It is a rear seat delete car. Which, was a very rare option on these GT4's

It is very clean, and with no rust. It was painstakingly repainted in 1997 at Carrozzeria Zilio in Italy, and shows quite well. It is Fly Yellow/Boxer trim over tan interior (orig. color was dark green metallic w/ boxer trim). I have confirmed with them, and they even sent me a period photo of the car while it was in Italy for the repaint. The previous owner is a retired AF Officer, and he toured this car all around Europe while stationed over there. Unfortunately, he has not been very well the last year or so, and was also not very organized, so I do not have any maintenance records from him.

There are two small touch up spots, and one hairline blemish on the right rear buttress, but besides, the paint is in excellent condition. When you see the paint in person, you will see why this car is an excellent base, and with all mechanicals sorted, would make an excellent touring Ferrari. If you have not driven one, the cockpit has tremendous 360 views and the feel is great.

I am pricing it at $46,750. I am leaving the major service up to whoever decides to buy her, to have their shop perform it to their exact specification, and feel I am pricing it where there is money left to cover that service (figure $6-8K or so).

Thanks for looking. I have over 250+ high resolution photos, including undercarriage shots, so just ask if need be. Sold with CT Bill of Sale (we don't title vintage cars here, sadly)

Ken

[email protected] if you'd like to email, or PM me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Texas Forever, crinoid and sixcarbs like this.
  2. Iragold

Iragold Rookie

May 22, 2016
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Ira gold
    Please e mail additional pictures

My e mail
    [email protected]

How far do you live from Boston???

Thank you
    Ira

3. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Hi Ira,

I'll email some over now. I'm 2.5 hours from Boston.

Thanks

Ken

4. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Happy to announce I have tracked down the rest of the manuals/books for the car!

I even spoke with the original owner today, a kind gentleman in his 70's in Tulsa, OK. He bought this Dino in late of October, 1975. From a dealer in Tennessee ( Madison Smith Naturally, Inc, Nashville).

He paid $25,000 for it in 1975, and it was in fact that original dark green metallic on boxer trim.

He put 2-3000 miles on it, then sold it sometime in '79 or '80, to a local gentleman, along with some other vehicles. The next owner didn't own it very long, because the gentleman I bought it from purchased it in 1981. I found receipts, maps, and insurance paperwork, from the US and also Europe. He toured this car all around Europe.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    crinoid likes this.
  6. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    crinoid and guygowrie like this.
  7. KISSLUST

KISSLUST Karting

Oct 13, 2009
    Birmingham Alabama
    Full Name:
    Jason M
    Please PM a contact number

8. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    PM sent

9. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    *update*

Starting the major tomorrow night, we'll do belts, tensioners, seals, gaskets, water pump etc. and dial in the carbs, so whoever the next owner is will get a fresh start. It won't go to BaT until I've completed all that, then taken 250+ all new photos, drive videos, and I'll do another compression test. In the meantime, if anyone is looking to be ready for spring in a yellow GT4 with excellent paint and sorted mechanicals, let me know. Thanks!

absostone likes this.
  10. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
  11. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    It’s been accepted and I paid the fee, but I need to finish the service, detail it again, and take driving videos. So in that time frame, if someone steps in, then it won’t make it to BaT.

absostone likes this.
  12. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Work continued this weekend, and we made good headway. The timing cover studs and etc were a PAIN IN THE ASS, but cooler heads prevailed :)

Heated up the water pump studs and housing, and pried that off as well.

I'm replacing the water pump with a new water pump and seals/gasket

Cleaned all the houses/inlets out too from some standing coolant, and pulled the bearing housing off, cleaned it, and put new SKFs on

Still a ways to go, but getting there.

Attached Files:

308 milano, guygowrie and crinoid like this.
  13. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Patek and Il Tifoso like this.
  14. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    This is one cool vehicle. Hope the Benning trip is quick lol. Nothing to see there haha.

19633500GT likes this.
  15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I command a Drill Sergeant unit in the Reserves, so down here for 2.5 weeks. Which, isn’t bad. Been down here before. It’s more boring than anything as they have a job to do but mine isn’t very intense.

16. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    lol. I Commanded 1-320th Regt, 98th Div in 2014. Just finished Command of a Cyber Bn last month. ;)

19633500GT likes this.
  17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    One more night down, and she'll be running later this evening. Then, time to time her and dial it in! A bit surprised in this market and price point there have been so few inquiries, but someone will get a good deal and a squared up car when all's finished. Off to BaT within a week or so, they're waiting on new photos, and of course I'm going to shoot some driving videos :)

Again, anyone who's interested in discussing, let me know, I'm easy going.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone and guygowrie like this.
  18. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    Thats nice. I think he is looking for a later red car.

19633500GT likes this.
  19. Nero308QV

Nero308QV Rookie

Feb 4, 2011
    Hi, what's the current status of the car? Is it still for sale? I think I didn't see it on BaT. Thanks.

20. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I assume they’re working on the ad, I emailed them last week and haven’t heard back (it’s all set to go they were just waiting on me finishing up the service).

So on Sat morning got the WP pulley back on, belts and just have to button things back up, then tune it on Tuesday (I think I’m going to put new wires/boots on too, as I cleaned the distributors once but want to check all contact and back sure it’s set after timing the Weber’s)

So again, full status at the moment is, until BaT has a set date for the auction to start, it remains FS here and available.

absostone likes this.
  21. Chrispy350

Chrispy350 Rookie

Jun 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    Christopher Rich
    Hi there - would you mind sending me a PM w/ your contact so we can chat?
    Grazie!- Chris

absostone likes this.