For Sale - OFFICIAL - NEW CLASSIFIEDS SYSTEM!!! | FerrariChat

For Sale OFFICIAL - NEW CLASSIFIEDS SYSTEM!!!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by rob lay, Mar 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We're are starting a build of a new classifieds system that will be more robust, user friendly, professional, and also have many value added features for buyers and sellers.

We'll use the same code base at Classic Car Club of America, but we can customize how we want. Please review their classifieds from listing to submissions and let us know what ideas you have for doing this on FerrariChat.

https://new.classiccarclub.org/vehicles

Thanks!

Gh21631, Red 27 and crinoid like this.
  2. Four7EightBHP

Four7EightBHP Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 20, 2005
    USA - Colorado
    It seems to me this could be an excellent source of revenue enhancement for Ferrari Chat.

Please consider adding some features that have been successful at Bring a Trailer. A potential buyer can ask questions and have those questions, along with the seller response, seen in the auction body. That saves a lot of time and somewhat mimics what is experienced at Barrett Jackson. I can ask my questions while listening to other potential buyers. A lot more territory is covered. Open questions and answers provides a much more fluid classified offering. It will take more moderator time for all the obvious reasons.

Thank you for asking. I hope the classified venture brings great success!

Teght, Jaguar36, BOKE and 1 other person like this.
  3. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think being able to sort through listing by model would be the greatest improvement. Rather than spooling through temporal update dependent listings, one could go directly to those listing for the desired 328, or 458 Spiders.....

4. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Not sure if the new for sale ads will be mixed in with the wanted ads but I think a separate section would be better for wanted ads. Today there are 18 wanted ads on the first page of the sales ads which are getting pushed off the page.

sisiay, BOKE, J-McFly and 3 others like this.
  5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wow- YES- gigantic upgrade. My two biggest issues with the For Sale section is the lack of an asking price and the "Selling for a friend". Since this is a community and selling here is s privilege, I think it should be "For sale by owner" and a separate section for dealers who are paying for the privilege of marketing to us here.

BAT's auctions have been tremendously successful, but as you can see from recent listings is now dominated by dealers and professional car flippers. Not sure why we would want that here.

As someone who has bought around a half dozen cars from the classifieds here, I think it is a welcome upgrade.

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I like it, a significant improvement, I just bought a Packard! :D

rob lay and Laserguru like this.
  7. tacshose

tacshose Rookie

Jun 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robert
    As a CCCA member I think this would be a huge mistake. Why anyone is trusting Speed Digital I have no idea. Free websites with low upfront "deposits" and revenue sharing with Speed Digital. What a terrible idea.

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    First of all FerrariChat is part of the Speed Digital company. It isn’t costing FerrariChat anything and they have a great best in class system we can customize how we wish and make better. We’ll figure out what we offer free, with a subscription, or with a fee. You aren’t forced to do that though and we’ll still keep the existing system around awhile in parallel. In the end it is an individual’s choice where to sell their car auction 6%+, BAT 3%, dealer consignment 5%+, or the lowest fee of all with the most Ferrari enthusiasts... FerrariChat.

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    What do you mean by BaT 3%?

10. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Bring-a-Trailer's fee is 5% but its capped at $5k, I assume Rob was just doing some averaging based on the average sales price since alot of Ferrari's would exceed that cap.

rob lay likes this.
  11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I understand. He said “sell” though. That’s a fixed cost of $99.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Still costs you 5% (I guess) up to $5k for a sale.

We don't know what our pricing model is yet, so certainly no one else can complain about it YET. :) I will tell you that our intent is to provide a great system and we already gave a great community and audience. Also our intention to be far more competitive than Auction Houses, Consignments, and BAT. Sorry, what was the rub again?

of2worlds and pnorell like this.
  13. Racer_X

Racer_X Rookie

Oct 20, 2017
    MI
    Full Name:
    Tom
    FYI, you can click on the green "For Sale" balloon to the left of any listing and it will switch ALL the listings to for sale only.

Red 27 and NeuroBeaker like this.
  14. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    That is an excellent tip. Thanks! :cool:

All the best,
    Andrew.

15. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tom, thanks for the tip.

16. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Probably it would be interesting to filter vehicles by location/country since this is a VERY important metric for the sale/buy, mostly if foreign country.

rob lay likes this.
  17. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Any estimate for the time frame for roll-out of a new for sale section? Just curious....

18. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It would be helpful to require mileage and price in the title before you click on the link. I have seen quiet a few “low mileage” advertised cars that come with high mileage.

Maybe add a general form that must be filled out accurately like msrp, price, mileage, year, transmission and the like

Red 27, jimpo1 and rob lay like this.
  19. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Definition of high mileage here is seriously different than with any other car brand. What is yours? One set of folks in this community see <15k as low mileage and anything above 20k as damn near worn out. Another group swears that low mileage cars are by definition poorly maintained because they all get better as you drive them and the engines don't even bed in and wake up before 20k miles. With 230k miles on my 97 M3 (the best car I've ever owned), and <12k on my 456M, my definitions of mileage are somewhat discordant.

20. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    In regards to Ferrari/exotics I see everything above 10k miles as high mileage for the modern cars because the values start to dip at that number and dealers are starting to gouge. 20k+ for the older ones. The fact that needs to be considered is that there are people who want the under 10k mile classics for future values or just to preserve them at low mileage. If someone posts low mileage and it ends up being 50k miles it’s definitely not low mileage for a lot of us.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would hope within 2 months, but requires our development team that is backed up.

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    LOL, yeah, my software group is like that too!!

Nospinzone likes this.