Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 55 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    IF Ferrari manage to win WCC and/or WDC in 2019 what do you think the chances of a '17M' or similar appearing for the F8?

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Pista would definitely be first choice but unavailable and I refuse to pay over MSRP. F8 is close enough. Available and at list. Hoping driving dynamics is sufficiently enhanced over the 488.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    You don’t . Pay the ticket when stopped.

4. scuderia-seat

scuderia-seat Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    late apex
  5. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You don't, you just take the ticket.

Mike

keithos27 and polishhammer83 like this.
  6. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Ferrari of Houston's configurator, not my dealer. Wish I were able to even afford attending Ferrari's dealership in Athens, Greece.:D

scuderia-seat likes this.
  7. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Have always had a hard time to accept the curvy, elliptical lines of the McLs.
    In the meantime I notice the rear design of the F8 has got lots of similarities .
    :eek:

8. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    That seems to be the main issue with some folks. I'm hoping it looks better in person, but certainly wouldn't prevent me from ordering one.

Jim

Roland1688 likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Indeed it looks better in reality than in pictures - it feels more " natural" in real life while on the pictures it looks like a difficult attempt to make a change without any modification of the 488 body (which it does, unlike for the 458 to 488 change, the F8 uses the exact same body as the 488 and Pista - only changes are front and rear bumpers, and side sills).

10. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    Thanks, nice to know!

Jim

WM458 likes this.
  11. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Nicolas21 likes this.
  12. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    I check the online configurator everyday to see if they've added the F8 model.

WM458 and daflk like this.
  13. TomLikesCars

TomLikesCars Karting

Feb 27, 2019
    Ireland
    Full Name:
    Thomas Harris
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This is nonsense. Other than the roof, doors, and rear fenders, the panels are obviously different. Most obviously is the hood for one example.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The shell is exactly the same - only changed parts are "add-ons", rear and front, sills and bonnet. Front fenders are also the same. So new parts are plugged on the very same shell, which explains the rear treatment and the same doors.
    Could be nonsense, but I stand with my analysis.

Motorwerks and rumen1 like this.
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I do feel they should have changed more and it’s quite blatantly obviously a transitional model. You’re wording is that it’s exactly the same except for these parts that are different. Well if those parts are different then it’s not exactly the same is it. It can use the “exact same body as the 488 and Pista” except for these parts that can’t be used because they are different. Shell, body, add-ons, are all the same thing.

17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What I think is that if you take a bare shell of 488, you'd need very minor changes to adapt the F8 parts on it. Maybe even easier than to modify an F430 exterior to a Scuderia one, whereas you wouldn't be able to do the same between a 458 and 488 (although they are also based on the same platform).

crinoid likes this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think the Scud would definitely be easier but I get your point. As I said I think they should have done more.

19. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    To those lucky enough to work with a dealer configurator......are there different choices for rims? Thx

20. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    elmadi, r00t61, SAT4RE and 2 others like this.
  21. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    For guys who have actually ordered cars, how difficult is it to get an F8? I have a friend who is coming from another exotic brand, that was offered order spots by two different dealers for an F8 build with an 18month delivery. When are the first F8's due to be delivered? First quarter 2020?

22. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    First quarter 2020 is what I've been told, with most slots already taken so that ordering now may lead to Q2 2020. Although heavily loading with options may help priority (a story that's been told before, with the official explanation that Ferrari wants the first cars to look as good as possible - officially it's not about taking as much money as possible from hasty customers ;) )

23. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    It has been referred to as the “facelift” for quite some time; now people are upset it is a “facelift” with a slightly higher price (CPI basically), better electronics, and a more powerful engine?
    What is wrong with you people?

JimPVB, anunakki, Boomhauer and 14 others like this.
  25. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    When it comes to Ferrari, there're lots of elements need to look for, even if you have a good relationship with Ferrari.

1. AD. Your friend's relationship with the dealer is extremely important when he's a new customer. He just needs to build a relationship with his AD so they would push his profile to ferrari sooner.

2. Spec. It's very important. If you are going with launch spec, typically it's easier but it needs your dealer to push this kinda order first. If you are going with a high spec and keep it within the configurator, lots of times factory might choose to build yours sooner.

It happened to me and my friend a few times, for example, he spec'ed his Pista 7 months ahead of me but my car is done and his order is not even in production yet. In Ferrari's profile and status wise, he's ahead of me by having many more cars. However, I never really do poverty specs on any of my cars versus he always goes light on the options.