NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 10 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    LaFerrari has a NA V12 and an electric element already.

Jeronimo GTO and Forza Scuderia like this.
  2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Nothing wrong with that. LAF was the first attempt. It will be intersting what they are able to come up with then. IMO the focus of the next hypercar will be more in aerodynamics.

3. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so electric turbo is only a wish :( sad

4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Ferrari will not have it either, as the BB will be a 500k EUR car not $1m...I don’t think it affects the 812 at all...Of course if you have bought a well specced Pista for 400k EUR+ it is a different story...I have a Pista on order and I am still looking forward to this one...!

At the end of the day, we are going back to normality. Cars are not investments; they are meant to be driven and they depreciate...no such thing as a free lunch and I don’t think that is bad either...At least we will know who really likes these machines for the driving pleasure they produce...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Indeed. I was implying that they will maintain the same motif.

6. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Got a quick question, is this one gonna get the doors like LaF and Enzo? If this BB not receiving those fancy doors, it may go against Ferrari limited production cars down the road.
    Once Ferrari enters the performance war, there’s no going back. Hopefully Ferrari is not gonna go that route. I sincerely hope ferrari continues building cars with soul and style.

Ash Patel, Roland1688 and Lukeylikey like this.
  7. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Will there be a private preview for the BB?
    If so, and taking into account that the public presentation will be in May, the invitations must be arriving in these days

8. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    To save ~300 grams of weight ? :D

F2003-GA likes this.
  9. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    They are building this car to make all Ferraristi desirous of active hybrid cars that will soon form the bulk of their line-up.

10. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Ciao Forza Scuderia, I'm really looking forward to discover if the F40 Icona based on the BB will come out, it would be a piece of Art and an Engineering masterpiece.

Jelial likes this.
  11. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    If they really will do an icona F40 I will sell my internal organs to try to get one!! :p:D:D:D

Ash Patel and markonex like this.
  12. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    no way, it will not weight 1100kg

13. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Ciao Jelial, that would be a dream car, full carbon body panels, V8 TT and electric motor with supercapacitors. What a Beast!

Jelial likes this.
  14. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    It would be the easiest $2-billion they ever made. They can even make 1,315 of them like the original and they will sell out at seven figures each.

Let’s call it like it is. Here is a list of the most iconic Ferraris of all time:

1. 250 GTO
    2. F40

Everything else after that list of two ... talk amongst yourselves.

They need to do the F40 Icona and they need to put the big a** wing on the back.

My thesis is that Ferrari is no longer going to hold out from ringing the cash register for billions as long as it is a car that maintains the brand values, image and prestige. That’s what the Icona series is all about from a business perspective ...
    stop leaving billions on the table by NOT building products that people are dreaming about and would pay a kings ransom for.

15. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    This will be the silver age before all electric supercars aka Mordor will flatten engine and hypercar world

polishhammer83 and 444sp like this.
  16. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    I do not like the matte colors, but as Juan Manuel Fangio said, beautiful cars are the ones that win. So if the SF90H wins races and finally gets the World Championship it will be beautiful and therefore its matte red will be in the street cars and even more in this BB.

An Icona F40 will be an incredible dream.

17. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I guess it is an age thing but I would take an original F40 over an Icona F40 every time.

day355 and LVP488 like this.
  18. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Absolutely. If Scuderia Ferrari wins championship this year (I think we all hope so), they could use some "winning" paint ;) on BB to celebrate.

19. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    You say that now ... imagine this ... as the SP2 is to the barchettas of the 50's ... imagine the SP2 treatment to the F40. Oh yeah plus 1,100 bhp. Keep saying you won't want one.
    Every other Ferraristi on the planet will be over here in this line sir.

20. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    The units that I have seen were non matte paints.

of2worlds, maximilien, kandi and 2 others like this.
  21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I recall there was a mention of 'spaceship' looks .However looking at the few spy pics available the outside doesn't look anything so different .

Is it more the interior cabin design ,with HUD etc etc?

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    This is a super interesting question; the first Icona is a tribute to a car that costs tens of millions. So one can buy the modern interpretation for a sum that is a still lot of money, but a fraction of what the original costs
    An Icona F40 could cost more than what the original is worth! If they also decide to make 1315 as is rumored, how would people approach this purchase? As a former F40 owner I can attest to the original being one of the most exciting cars ever made. If Ferrari want to make an Icona F40 they either need to price it very close to the original / make it rarer / make it substantially better... not an easy thing to do
    Either way I m told the next Icona is a real masterpiece (and I have no idea what it is)...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

polishhammer83 and ajr550 like this.
  23. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Great.I should be able to pick up an original much cheaper if I'm the only person on the planet who prefers it !!!

24. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    PS.I'd prefer an original Monza even leaving aside financial considerations.
    Don't get me wrong I think the Icona concept is great and I like the SP1/SP2 but given the choice the originals have greater appeal to me.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #250 Shadowfax, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019

Attached Files:

of2worlds and theplanner like this.