FEZZA | FerrariChat

FEZZA

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Mar 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Bas likes this.
  2. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Igor Ound, 375+ and Bas like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Shows how ****ed the situation was at Ferrari last year(s). A man like Binotto pushed to the edge that he wanted to leave the team he's loved. He's only ever worked for Ferrari, and as he said he's been a loyal follower since he was a child.

4. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    I think the team will appear far more English or German this year in its execution. And I suspect Binotto is a far better manager than some have expected of him.

Expect great things, and let's hope that we don't have too many "torpedo" situations this year.

Bas likes this.
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That's my biggest fear, some brainless guy like Max crashing into us...i sure hope he has learnt something...but i doubt it...

6. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Max is fast, but I think he lacks a certain amount of intelligence to be an F1 driver. He did improve last year, but I'm not convinced.

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same here...

375+ likes this.
  8. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    The decision to replace Arrivabene has been reported as one of Marchionne’s last decisions. Elkann made sure to execute it as well as signing Leclerc to replace Kimi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Igor Ound and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  9. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Love the new avatar Pedro. I hope that you sent Mr. Ed to the glue factory--permanently.:D

daytona355 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Max’s saving grace is the fact that a fast driver only needs a calm, intelligent voice in his ear-piece. Drivers drive, engineers are smart...the best teams are those that have sympathetic (or better...empathetic) views towards the partnership...

The most recent example is Rosberg. He didn’t out-perform Lewis...his team out thought the competition...

The more thinkers, the better...they our perform drivers constantly.

11. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    On the flip side, you need a driver who can listen and execute what the team orders are. Some people (and Max strikes me this way) don't execute and think they are smarter than the team. In some cases they are, in others they are not.

william likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think there's much evidence he can't listen. Even at Baku 2018 there wasn't a team order, except for ''don't crash into your teammate''.

I agree with BMWairhead, Max's occasional hothead benefits hugely from a calm, intelligent race engineer, 2018 Monaco practice crash (and Ric's subsequent Quali domination over everyone) was the shakeup he needed to not go 10/10s everywhere. IMO when he toned it down the little bit he did was right on the edge of perfection, not going for every single gap he sees but rather calculate his overtakes.

Before Monaco he had a couple of boneheaded moves that a more experienced driver wouldn't make...but hey he came into F1 after just 1 season of car racing so the odd mistake was to be expected.

Sig. Roma likes this.