Speciale Market | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Speciale Market

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by DM1, Jan 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I didn't purchase warranty on mine and literally have not had a single issue with my Speciale for the past 2 years...and I'm the type of guy that took my AMG back to the Mercedes dealership to fix a rattle under warranty 4-5 times. Maybe I'll regret not having the warranty in the future, but so far I'm at a true $10000 upside :). Two more years of not paying for warranty and I can have a complete transmission failure, pay out of pocket, and still be even.

BTW, your spec is gorgeous. You have my favorite NART stripe combo. It's the main thing I wish mine came with (mine is same as yours but inverted). But alas I did not get to spec mine from factory. Also wish I had the Stile seat design. I've considered getting mine repholstered to the Stile design but I'm afraid to ask how much Ferrari will charge for it.

DRPM likes this.
  2. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    Thank you

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Just my conservative guesstimate based on only 4 dealerships in the country. Maybe more but they seem very scarce here. Most are red with just one blu pozzi without any stripe. The 10 percent number you suggest is a fair rule of thumb!

4. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Nope no warranty on mine either.
    Hear these are very reliable.

Sent from my 16M

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
  6. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Sorry for the slow response.
    Yes, its my Speciale. I traded my Scud for this Speciale just over 2 years ago through Ferrari of Houston. I am the second owner.
    You are correct, all the CF (inside, outside and engine bay) is CF from the factory. The sticker has a “special features” line that bundles the custom CF with other stuff. One of the reasons why I fell in love with this car was all the matte CF, something that I have not seen much in Speciales and none other with all the carbon in matte CF.
    A bit of old market info but back then I paid $16k over, MSRP close to $369k.

I am still in absolute love with the Speciale and plan to keep it forever.

Some additional pics:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    About 2 months ago, I extended the factory warranty for 2 more years. My Speciale has had no issues at all (cosmetic or mechanical) since I got it over 2 years ago so it is likely that the $8k or so that I paid for the extended warranty will be a bad investment. However, I want to have the peace of mind to be covered for any major issues and have the ability to address any minor cosmetic or mechanical issues in order to keep the car in top shape and be able to fully enjoy it and preserve its value as much as possible.
    I bought the extended warranty for my previous Scud and used it extensively (front suspension noises, fogged headlamps, waiving dashboard and headliner, yellowing engine CF, rusted gas inlet / screws, minor oil leak, partial coverage for steering rack, and a few rattles here and there). All got replaced or fixed to my picky satisfaction. At the end of the day, the warranty helped me keep the Scud in top shape.
    Warranty or no warranty? - its all about personal preference and each’s perception and feelings about insurances.

Thecadster and NSXLuvr like this.
  8. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    Did you go through the dealer for the extended warranty? Any details you can offer would be appreciated. Did you purchase after the 7 year annual maintenance agreement was over? You can send me an email if you prefer: [email protected]

9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The matte CF is exquisite!

10. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    The 2-year warranty that I purchased was through the Ferrari dealership (Houston) and extends the bumper to bumper new car factory warranty from 3 to 5 years. This is independent from the 7-year maintenance program that comes with the newer Ferraris (can’t recall what model year started) which basically only covers the cost of the annual service for 7 years.

In order to extend the factory warranty for 1 or 2 years (as I did), the car needs to be inspected and approved by the dealership. This was a pretty simple process but there is a few hundred dollar cost for the inspection.
    I will be happy to post additional details when I get back home next week.

11. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Yup. Can’t agree more.

12. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I bought the extended warranty on my Speciale because the CF intakes both delaminated.
    Must have been a “bad batch” that day since both did it at the same time.

13. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    #663 DRPM, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    my 18' Gt3 is PTS Lichtgrun (birch green)

Attached Files:

of2worlds, NSXLuvr and plastique999 like this.
  14. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    following my 1 year search across Canada for the right car, the 10% rule might be a bit rich in this case, my guesstimate is probably 40 to 50 S cars in Canada...but i could be totally wrong. ;-)

of2worlds likes this.
  15. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Kudos for a brilliant color!
    Similar to my Perf in Verde Themis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my 16M

Thecadster and of2worlds like this.
  16. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    Very Nice Perf!!
    Actually it was a Lamborghini I saw that moved me to the Lichtgrun for my GT3

plastique999 likes this.
  17. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I purchased one year for piece of mind sake but have not needed it at all. Personal choice but I would do it just to sleep well at night.

18. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    FYI: FNA is offering 2 years of Powercube for the price of one at the moment. One dealer quoted me $5200 for 2 year of coverage which to me seems like a good deal.

19. DRPM

DRPM Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Montreal Quebec
    I know FNA was offering the full factory warranty for 2 years for the price of one and it has to be set up immediately following the std 3 year warranty or as a CPO on a pre-owned.
    Could you please elaborate on the "Powercube" as I am not aware of this product term?

20. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    I believe that the 2-year warranty instead than the 1-year warranty that FNA offers only applies to CPO vehicles. I do not believe that the 2 years for the price of 1 year applies to warranty extensions of personal vehicles. As mentioned in a previous post, factory warranty can be extended by 1 or 2 years after the vehicle passes the inspection executed by the dealer.
    Below are the comments by my local dealer regarding this topic:
    “Good morning, Sir! Ferrari is now offering the CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) warranty (which is the same as the "New Power" warranty) for two years now, instead of just the one year. I think the price stayed the same for that, I'd have to double check with the Sales Dep't, who deals with that.

The warranties that customers purchase on their own cars have not changed, for probably about 5-6 years now; the prices, coverages, and durations have all stayed the same. The only thing that's changed is the limit used to be 10 years (could not put a warranty on an 11 year old car), but then it changed to 12 years, and now it's 15 years! The rest has stayed the same.

So, I'm sure what you were hearing about was the two year CPO warranty, which is new. It used to only be one year.”

Hope this helps.

NSXLuvr likes this.
  21. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    UPDATE:

I bought the RC with Nart that I posted a few weeks ago. Local 1 owner car with 5100 miles. MSRP was $347.7 + PPF + CF in the engine bay + Ceramic coating. I got it for $345K + $4140 for 2 year CPO.

I felt that it was a good but not a great deal. My only concern is that they didn't put new tires on it for a CPO which is something Porsche CPO provides if the thread is below 6/32.

Thank you Edward and any once who helped me sort out the prices/options etc. I will post pics soon.

Ritesh.

22. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017

Congrats. That seems very reasonable to me. I think the Speciale is a car where you buy the car, not the deal.

Unless the car was a regular track toy, your tires should have plenty of life left.

23. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Congrats. Looking forward to photos and driving impressions.

24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The stock tires last only 3-4K miles of normal driving in my experience.

25. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward

Glad to be of any help but mostly enthralled that you have joined the club! Price is subjective but I think you did just fine, and truly it is “worth it” in many ways more than the $.
    Let me know your thoughts on sound as well as what tires you are on. These 2 elements can really effect the driving enjoyment. I put Cup2’s on mine but actually prefer 4S’s (on my 16M).
    Especially of note, be sure tires are warm and up to temp. My friend who acquired one at the same time, as well as myself, have both kicked out the tail unexpectedly.
    To many miles and smiles!

Sent from my 16M