Sciadipersia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sciadipersia

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Merak1974, Mar 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vignalespider

vignalespider Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    CH
    Do bear in mind the SciàDiPersia convertible is underway and will be presented in March in Geneva. Got a rendering of it on Touring's Christmas card. Looks better to me than the Coupé.

Merak1974 likes this.
  2. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    The design of a convertible is in general less of a marker.
    I'm afraid that the Sciadipersia convertible will be even less unforgettable than the coupé.
    A luxury car, certainly, a nice convertible also, but that could be of any brand...

3. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    Would it be possible to share that rendering here? Thanks.

4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Looks meh to me, not bad but not too exciting either.

5. vignalespider

vignalespider Rookie

Aug 12, 2008
    CH
    Merak1974, MK1044 and boralogist like this.
  6. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    I like these things. I agree with Bob (staatsof) that the front end is Indy-ish. I would even call it weak. But in profile and from all other angles it is an attractive car.

7. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
  8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    As a design lover, I like it. Dimensions - stance - shape all look beautiful to me. Details could use tweaking, but overall nice in my humble opinion. The boring wheel design is hurting overall - on both, the coupe and conceived convertible.

MK1044 likes this.
  9. MK1044

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
  10. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #35 swift53, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    My, how times have changed after Monsieur Cacahuète. :(

Regards, Alberto

PS. Unfortunately, imho, 99% of remakes are just a moniker, another body with the same name.
    No relation, or soul to the original.
    Is it called capitalizing on old fame and glory, i.e. 'Testarossa' , Alpine, ad nauseam....
    What will be next, a GTO?

MK1044 likes this.
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  12. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    It seems a huge car.
    In its cab config, even more difficult to see the Maserati breed. Could be an Aston...

13. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Take the 'brand' off, and most cars at a distance except THE very few, could be anything.

Regards, Alberto

PS. Besides, what does Scia' di Persia, have to do with anything? He was a man, not a car.

wbaeumer likes this.
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #39 Nembo1777, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Evocation of the first 5000GT, made for him with a nose inspired by Persian architecture. It was the Shah's meeting with Omar Orsi and his request for a much faster gt than the 3500gt which gave birth to the 5000GT series.

I saw the original copy of Omar Orsi's notes of that meeting on display in Modena two weeks ago.
    His car is now in a very secretive French collection - which also has Bora Group 4 #3001 which has not seen the light of day since the day I drove it in...July 1995 so I hammer him with guilt about not showing the cars every time I see him but it has zero effect - while there is another identical to the Shah's with that same body in a fantastic USA Connecticut collection I visited in September.

MK1044 likes this.
  15. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Marc, I am well aware of the Shah's connection and the 'nickname', still, I find it ridiculous
    to name a car thus. The Shah, was a man of substantial means, potentially not politically correct
    in the eyes of many, and could buy anything he desired, sort of 'a la Brunei' .
    Rethinking of it, has anyone named a car the 'Sultan'?
    RR Maharajah? Bentley Blue train, Woolf? Pied a terre?

Same with 'Ferrari La Ferrari', pathetic use of the Italian language, redundancy at its best,
    Why not Maserati La Maserati? Eldorado? Nettuno.

Surely you know that in Italian, LA macchina, applies to any car, as it is a feminine noun that
    describes any machine.
    i.e. so what car do you drive? Oh, I drive a Scia' di Persia. Sounds silly just uttering it.
    Much less, most people learning how to say it.

What's next? Ferrari Avvocato, or Drake. I think a bit more originality is due
    and stop the endless silly name references to the past. :)

Regards, Alberto

wbaeumer likes this.
  16. MK1044

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Well, I agree with you guys that the name is an unfortunate choice. But generally I like the car.
    Very nicely done. A few details don't quite work for me, but overall it's very nicely done.

17. Merak1974

Merak1974 Formula 3

Aug 31, 2009
    Oslo, Norway
    Full Name:
    Gabriel R.G. Benito
    I like it too, especially that the design is quite distinct.

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #43 Nembo1777, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Alberto I fully agree there are a lot of silly names used by the Fiat group's divisions, I hope they never inflict on us a "Maserati la Maserati":eek::rolleyes::mad::D
    That being said I havd lunch at th factory with Mr Cozza and one of the directors February 26 and they care about heritage very much which was heartwarming to see.

Of course the Scia di Persia has nothing to do with the factory.

Scià with an accent is apparenly the proper spelling for Shah in Italian:

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi

I once interviewed his youngest son on one of his cars (not a Maserati) but then he ended his life a couple of years later...

19. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Marc, fully agree with you, lots of silly names out there... Maserati Lucky?
    Maybe FIAT will name a popular model 'Balilla', but that might bring social unrest, and uncomfortable
    connections to 'Il Duce'.

Scià with an accent, is also, in not too elegant slang in Italian, for going skiing. A contraption of the word.
    As in: "Io vo' a scià " instead of properly saying "Io vado a sciare". That, could work out to: I am going to Scià with my Scià .

Still an unfortunate name choice, but then, what do I know, they must run polls all over for such nomenclature. Not many will sell in Iran.

To me, it looks as a Cadillac by Pininfarina, or whatever.

Just as Mitsubishi sadly realized ( very late) that the very popular SUV, the Pajero in Europe, ( in Spanish, meant 'Wanker')
    so they changed in all of Spanish speaking countries to Montero. OOOOPS!
    Please don't mention Portofino :)

Regards, Alberto