Should I buy Lamborghini SVJ or 812 spider? | FerrariChat

Should I buy Lamborghini SVJ or 812 spider?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by j09333, Mar 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Both cars being the last of its kind as none assisted v12, I am now in wonderland.

I have owned aventador way back when they first came out, and it was some fun driving fast straight but my driving has changed since and I am no longer in to 4WD or driving fast straight.

812 spider will be overkill slightly because I then will have 3 v12 FRs, tdf, 812, 812spider. But it will be limited run by production time constraints and since 599 Aperta, it will be last of the very very rare kind.

Money matters and I might not have both... what to do?

SVJ gives nice variation.
    812 spider gives driving pleasure of uncommon kind.

Both are keepers for good along with tdf.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  2. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The countach was introduced in 1971. Basically the Aventador is the same shape, it hasn't changed in nearly 50 years. I can't stand that pancake shape, and I contend the 812 is much better technologically. it's a no brainer. (and what else do you expect on the FChat page?!?)

j09333 likes this.
  3. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I think 812 spider is a no brainer. If Fchat sources are to be believed, it is supposed to be a proper V12 spider (not a Barchetta or SA or a hyper limited car), something Ferrari has not done since the Daytona spider. I think there is going to be tremendous demand for these, you seem to be high enough on the pecking order to get one of the early ones. If, for some reason, you don't like then you can always shift it and probably make some money on it.
    Also they are making way too many of the SVJs (more SVJs than SVs actually!) and I am sure there will be 50 more limited editions before the new car comes along.

j09333 likes this.
  4. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I think you should take the 812 Spider no matter what. Maybe trade the coupe for the spider and get an SVJ if that’s what you want.

I’m going to get the 812 Spider (if I can), and keep my 812 coupe as daily. And trade in my current SV coupe when the SVJ roadster comes in.
    Big lambo always gives you something that no other manufacturers can. I love to enjoy different types of driving experience. As the whole industry heading right now, not sure if the next big lambo would have the same old soul again.

In the end of the day, all these V12’s are dying. If your plan is long term, just keep them all I guess. You could get the TDF so chances are you gonna get the 812 limited series, you can always unload your 812 or TDF at that time depends on what Ferrari is coming out with.

of2worlds and j09333 like this.
  5. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    812 spider it is..
    I will skip svj for the sake of money.
    Will focus more on Ferrari v12s and future Icona if I get lucky.

Thanks all for comments :)

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Kuba

Kuba Rookie

Sep 19, 2013
    Get the 812 spyder, sell 812, buy SV.

95spiderman, pcht5 and j09333 like this.
  7. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Problem is I am so in love with 812 that I won’t sell it that fast. I am thinking of keeping bith coupe and spider.

8. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    That's what I would do, if I were you... Yes same car but coupe and spider each offer very different drive experience.

j09333 likes this.
  9. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Hi everyone i l’m new to the forum and would appreciate some advice from the passionate people and experts in that forum.
    I am likely to get an allocation on the upcoming 812 Spider, i own an f12 currently , what is your thought on the spider in terms of desirability and production numbers or future depreciation? Many thanks!

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I have no desire to get a spider. Production numbers and future depreciation do not matter.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Reading this and then seeing the SVJ 63 cracks me up. I don't know of any brand that can milk a model as hard as Aud,,,, eeh, Lamborghini.

It's ridiculous.

I suppose that where Horacio Pagani picked up his habit of making endless "final versions" of his cars.

12. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    J09333 i would keep the spider over the 812 coupe the sound of the v12 must be amazing the car will be rarer than the coupe and i can’t remember when Ferrari made a v12 spider (other than the very limited 599 Aperta)
    I am heading to Maranello in Sep for the car preview i love coupes and have an f12 but seriously consider that car if i get the allocation... not sure which colour would suit it best though! triple layer yellow? Canna di fucile ? ....

of2worlds likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    If you had ever rolled a car, you would most certainly have preferred the fixed top...

14. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    I am losing my interest all together for new cars in general.
    This happened after my encounter with chiron.
    My new pista spider is lacking serious soul against v12s and those v12s tdf and 812 loses again to mighty chiron.
    Then all of sudden, my car lust is gone for a while now.

Surely 812 spider will be a thing to have over coupe. Will I order one? Yes. Will I keep one for a long? Why not. Soon, the sf90 and other electric cars will dominate and then complex v12s will go away for good. For this, 812 spider will be a special car.

Thing is I am not that excited any more. I blame the age. But car got too heavy and too technical, too over engineered for grip. List goes on... Oh.. and chiron, this car ruined everything... :)

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

plastique999 likes this.
  15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Haven't driven a Chiron, but the Veyron was boring as hell...

16. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    true cars are getting bigger and over engineered no doubt the 812 spider will be a special thing but for the same reason i believe the F12 will be also a special car though not as rare , perfect proportions with proper Ferrari signature and last NA V12 by Pininfarina more raw than the 812 something not found anymore on new cars and certainly wont be found on the next generation of electric/hybrid engines .

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The only real question is are you a coupe or a convertible driver? The rest is just degrees of comfort vs efficiency...

18. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I tend to be a coupe driver hence why i love the old school f12 but i am also a na v12 big fan and that must mean a v12 spider has to be something particularly exciting that goes beyond your traditional preference for coupe vs convertible in my humble opinion

19. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    550 Barchetta, 575 Superamerica, LaFerrari Aperta, Monza SP

20. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Bugatti aims to insulate its vehicles to the level of Bentley. Top speed and bragging rights are its selling point.

REALZEUS likes this.
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Indeed... Boring as watching paint dry...

Andial likes this.
  22. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Yes but these were all excluvise or limitee series while the 812 RHT isn’t meant to be

23. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This weekend I drove in a Pista and then behind it for 3 hours or so, it was soo impressive! If I could only have 2 Ferraris I am agreement with its owner that it would be a Pista and 812. They are incredible machines and quite different to me. Sorry to hear you don't like yours.. I can't wait to get mine! :)

24. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Which one though you think is better to drive

25. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    They are incomparable which is why you need both :)