TR Convertible Miami Beach | FerrariChat

TR Convertible Miami Beach

Discussion in 'Florida' started by FerrariF50lover, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I saw a TR Convertible on Miami beach yesterday. I was in the black Drophead. If you're on here lovely car!

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    You saw the former "Slutmobile" of William Hubbell now restored to original condition at Curated
    Restorations as the new owner took delivery of the car on Wednesday.

The car received a thorough going through including changing the gold wheels to original silver,
    paint work, complete engine detail and interior refurbishing, removal of roll hoop, replacement
    of red racing seats to correct black leather seats, the car has been restored to a very high level
    and the legend continues!

BHW

F40org likes this.
  3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Where has William been? I haven't seen him post here for ages.

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Rob, you want to field that one?

BHW

5. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I was wondering if the car was indeed that one, but it didn't have all the gaudy details. It was extremely clean and I saw it the day the new owner took delivery of it. Amazing car.

6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Yes, once Curated acquired the car from William, the decision was taken to bring it back to original
    (or as close to it) condition as possible. In researching the car, surprisingly there really wasn't
    much to go on to be honest, the notion of Mike Tyson ownership could not be proven either
    by photos or documentation.

As it happens, John held an event in Miami several years ago which included Mike Tyson and
    had The Champ's and his son's number. He reached out and was actually able to speak with
    Tyson who quasi-confirmed "Yes, I owned the car" but offered no documentation or pictures
    to back the claim.

The conversion was done by Straman whom we attempted to contact for any recollections or
    records he may have had, likewise another dead end. Richard Straman is no longer in business
    or in the public eye and never the less, he kept no records according to a close colleague.

The last gasp was Barrett-Jackson as the car was purchased through them at their West Palm
    Beach auction in 2005. Unfortunately (and rather surprisingly), B-J does not keep archives of
    their past sales so the trail went cold there.

You are right, the car looks really clean now without all the cartoonish add-ons. The biggest
    exterior change was bringing the wheels back to their original silver which really contrasts with
    the black paint. The interior was a bit rough and replacing the red racing seats with original black
    leather makes it look like a proper car again. The car was back in our garage this past week to
    have the yellow front turn signals changed to clear lenses, a small detail the new owner requested.

So, yes, the car remains in Miami and we'll be seeing it from time to time I'm sure.

BHW

7. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    I saw him at the Rolex 24, but he’s not on this website any longer. He was banned a few times for P&R stuff iirc.