FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: PRACTICE 1/2/3 *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    This is not what the Tifosi was waiting for and can be ferrari, or so The Scuderia is like Mercedes last year giving the impression of being far away and ultimately being present for calcifications and running ....

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I won’t get too concerned with today’s results, Binotto is no fool, and I would suggest he is the type of manager who builds up to the performance. I suspect (and hope) that tomorrrow will see more of the performance promised in testing, and then an aim for a further step in qualifying after fine tuning. It’s too soon to be panicking just yet.

If, however, the Ferrari’s don’t improve, then it’s another season of disappointment ahead, because we all know that the team suffers in development races over a season. They need to be firmly ahead and with the positive results that demonstrate our car evolution is working, otherwise they will likely slip further and further behind as they chase the results

Ferraripilot, crinoid and Nortonious like this.
  3. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  4. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

cairns and ktu like this.
  5. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

6. John.D

John.D Formula Junior

Jan 15, 2009
    France
    actually it's the first day and the real test is going to be the qualifications, but for a team like ferrari and after the winter tests, it's a bit of a surprise, even if at the sight of the camer images onboard the two pilots do not have to not beat with their self which is always a good thing. but being closer to Mercedes and making bull is always better for morale

7. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The time diff (Aus v ROW) makes this very frustrating, Are we sand bagging ? Why is our car feeling "wobbly" in some corners? Is it all OK or are MB going to beat us up again. Much anxiety and yet I have to get through a whole working day a Friday evening and set an alarm for " stupid o'clock" in the ,morning to find out.

8. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Agreed. The time differential between Seb and Leclerc is interesting. I think they are more closely matched than that which makes me think those times relative to Merc or RBR aren't a major concern...yet.

Looking forward to FP3, after getting a nap in.

9. SPEEDCORE

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee

edit: It doesn't let you watch the vids embedded. Just click the title to watch on utube.

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I heard there are quite gusty strong winds through T1 which can certainly upset the car ..same for everyone though.

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ferrari Formula 1 driver Sebastian Vettel says Mercedes looked "much stronger than they claimed before the weekend" in Australian Grand Prix Friday practice.

Vettel's Ferrari team was the pre-season favourite after Barcelona testing, and Mercedes publicly acknowledged that its rival looked to have the edge.

Heading into the Melbourne opener, Lewis Hamilton insisted Mercedes' estimations of its deficit in testing were "not BS".

But Hamilton then swept both Friday sessions in Australia, going eight tenths of a second faster than the quickest non-Mercedes in practice two.

Vettel jokingly referred to pre-season claims of Mercedes struggling as "********", before adding that he was genuinely surprised by its performance.

"It was a bit of a surprise," he said. "I thought they looked really quick.

"And I don't know if it was just us struggling a bit today, or also others, but as a matter of fact I think they were in a league of their own.

"Maybe everyone else was struggling and then we can turn it around, but they certainly look very strong and much stronger than they claimed before the weekend."

Vettel and new team-mate Charles Leclerc were both within a tenth of Hamilton in first practice, but slumped to fifth and ninth respectively in the second session.

Asked why Ferrari lacked pace compared to Mercedes in practice two, Vettel said: "We don't know the reasons but we're looking for them", before joking "if you find them, let us know and lead them to our garage".

He said Ferrari "didn't get into the groove" on Friday, and believes there is a lot of lap time to be picked up once he regains confidence in the car.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142133/vettel-mercedes-looks-in-a-league-in-its-own

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I couldn't watch sessions as F1 TV didn't work in the morning and STILL doesn't work now, from little I've seen so far I struggle to be really positive. Mercedes seems to have pulled off mother of all sandbags again this year. Frankly if they dominate qualifying I'm cancelling my subscription and probably won't bother till 2021.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same here...but i have a feeling tomorrow Ferrari will give a fight....

crinoid and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Herberts comments help regarding that Ferrari was likely heavily fueled. Vettel says they know where they can improve.

Now lets see if F1 Pro fixes that stupid ****ing service of theirs and actually has it working? don't really feel like getting out of bed for something that doesn't work.

15. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My concern is that this season looks like the previous ones... Merc just at a different level.. as they always are with Ferrari chasing. Sure, we’ll grab some races here and there but come the 2nd half of the season Merc will simply engineer and develop out of any gremlins they have.

For sure nothing is certain until qually but it’s an ominous sign how they just powered up to finish 1-2

As much nostalgia as I have for Williams... as much as I hope for Claire... that team has become the new Caterham of F1. They had a great opportunity when they finished 4th and got the chunk of prize money they needed. I don’t know what they spent it on because they went steadily backwards every season since. They should be masters of the Merc PU since they’ve had it from day one. If they can’t figure out the design of the car, they should be copying every last bit and piece they can. It’s sad, but ridiculous at the same time. It’s almoat like Paddy went there to sabotage them.

635CSI likes this.
  16. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    IMHO
    When we look at the FP2 results and I see Renault and Haas in the mix with the top teams
    It’s clear to me who is sandbagging.....Ferrari!
    Merc has to run harder to test the new aero package, it was a major change.
    A lot more in Ferrari, new team leader therefore a new strategy

Makuono and Bas like this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ok I'm looking around a bit now and I think you are right. Looking at the times, Gasly only 0.042 slower than Max? I think loads of time in that red bull left, also. Very looking slow on turn in, late on throttle...they're running with plenty of fuel.

May just be extremely tight at the top 3 teams (and mid field).

I think between Merc and Ferrari there's nothing in it. Red Bull not sure if they're at their level or a few tenths behind, could be their own no-mans land.

Alfa, Renault, Haas, STR very close, followed by Mclaren/Racing point...williams clearly driving around with an F2 car.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

stavura and Ferraripilot like this.
  18. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Stroll ahead of Perez and Kimi ahead of Leclerc, me likey.

19. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Ferrari has to be sandbagging as there is absolutely no way that they will only be a tenth ahead of the Alfa.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  20. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Hmmm...... But is that Perez being slower than Stroll?, or is it Perez's car being slower than Stroll's car? ;)

21. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I may see things a little differently. This must be the biggest Mexican stand-off swagger contest in the history of pre-season F1 poker. Vettel and Lewis know nothing for certain and are in full-on mind-game battle mode with guns blazing already, Horner isn't really allowing his drivers to say much so he's holding the cards. We may see more in FP3, but don't count on anyone really throwing 'the switch' or pressing 'the big scary red button' for their party modes until Q3. I can only imagine what the Japanese have nicknamed their 'party mode'....

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Kamikaze?o_O you can also drink it!

nsxrebel and Canuck550 like this.
  23. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    LOL. No it has to be something that makes no sense whatsoever in English, like their t-shirts. 'Friend be acorn is magic' engine mode

kes7u and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Bazinga...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk