F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488 | Page 7 | FerrariChat

F8 Tributo... what happens to the price on 458 and 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by John458, Mar 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

John, I’m sorry you feel that way. I apologize about the golf clubs , balls and the plaid jacket. Feel better now ?

Viperjoe and SoCal to az like this.
  2. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I am in the camp of find the one you like best, buy it, drive it, and enjoy it! All of the non SE or LE models are going to depreciate and if depreciation is a determining factor when buying an F car then maybe it's the wrong thing to do. Constantly worrying about the future value of my car or when would be the perfect time to sell/trade it would take all of the fun out of ownership for me.

JohnTz and sampelligrino like this.
  3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Good luck with that :D

auclutch, jm2 and Viperjoe like this.
  4. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    That was meant as sarcasm.

of2worlds, Jo Sta7 and boobernackle like this.
  5. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Sorry, sometimes it's hard to understand when it's written and not spoken. :)

However, you may succeed with that for real if you buy a Pista

wrs likes this.
  6. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    I believe all dealers are quoting a wait for a year not only in UAE but elsewhere too... perhaps other members can confirm that?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. bml71

bml71 Karting

Mar 2, 2019
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bradd Lewis
    My dealer said the earliest deliveries would be in Q1 2020 (production isn’t even going to start until late 2019), they took 10 orders on Day 1 and the wait for a car for me (I have just picked up a Portofino and had a 430 previously from the same dealer would get me a car mid 2020 most likely. That is what I was told for what it’s worth

of2worlds likes this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Similar situation expected in France, production for Q1 2020 probably already allocated for "early birds" ;) so that people ordering now are told to expect Q2 2020.
    My feeling is that it could be a moving target though.

9. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    If they really introduce the V6 Hybrid in May (see LB Thread), the whole thing will be turned upside down...:oops:

10. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    May expect a V8tt hybrid

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Were you playing with Pro V1’s?

Sent from my 16M

SoCal to az likes this.
  12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

That is the point im thinking. THE LAST of non electrical cars. The 488 GTB might go down a bit buy im positive it will rise again. Hence why i will look at the F8 just before manufacturing stops. Ill have the same options as the 488 GTB i own as i have no regrets.

13. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Getting very tired of the endless postings and rumination about the value of the various F cars. Some will point to great values because it the "last such and such." This is rubbish. Ferraris other than limited editions are not "investments." They are cars and therefore depreciate and with the current elevated production numbers and shortened model cycles this will only increase the rate of depreciation. Buy and enjoy. If you want investment think stocks, bonds, real estate etc.

Viperjoe, Surfah, tekaefixe and 5 others like this.
  14. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    The F8 is said to have a particle filter...
    That gets the 488-prices rising.

of2worlds and Doctor Mark like this.
  15. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    I was the second owner of an '08 Scud for four years and sold it for much more than I paid.....now you know 4 people ;)

JimPVB likes this.
  16. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The depreciation discussion has become a form of sport on this forum. You can see the impact your post had. The next poster did not skip a beat and went right back to it. When I mention to non car people ( 99% of the population) the price of these cars, there are stunned followed by the insinuation that clearly money is in huge abundance. Little do they know how much time and thought is expended by owners on the depreciation of these vehicles when time comes to sell or trade them in.

17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    So what impact does the particulate filter have on sound and performance? Just wondering.

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  18. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Just my 2 cents - But it would be interesting if we had a fraction of the forums and posts that were about sharing the fun driving experiences of 458/488/F8 etc. Instead of so many debates about value and investments.

I agree with Mark - buy stocks for investments, buy Ferrari’s to drive.

Avia11, Cigarzman and sampelligrino like this.
  19. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    This is a valid point, driven by the reality that many Ferrari owners stretch financially to get into these cars. If we're being real here, I doubt Ferrari would be where they are as a company if they only relied buyers that have FU money, but those considering the long reach to get into these cars need to be aware that depreciation is normal, and when it comes, it can be significant. As others have said, ignore depreciation and drive the car (or consider a different vehicle).

Jim

20. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    Losses with regard to Performance can be compensated. The published power rating of 720hp should be met.
    The sound may be „different“ compared with 488/Pista. As far as I know they invested a lot in sound management (of course they did...;)). The official marketing material puts much emphasis on the issue. Which leaves me somehow skeptical...
    We will see - hear it soon.

wrs likes this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    My first turbo was the 2010 bmw 535i and it wasn't supposed to be loud, no problem. The next one was the F10 M5 and it was so lame they had to pipe sound into the cabin. That was lame. I modded that car and it sounded better but not even as good as my wife's AMG GTC does with it's stock performance exhaust setup. I hope the F8 isn't reduced to that because of a particulate filter.

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If one is financially stretched in order to spend over $200k on a car, which results in the owner reluctant to drive it due to higher resale loss and depreciation constantly weighs on ones mind, the raison d’etre of super cars which is the enhancement of life’s joy, is being subverted.

For those who are sufficiently financially secure to buy an exotic, drive it, enjoy, soak in the experience and treat the $ depreciation like going on a luxurious holiday or adventure.

23. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    If they do have a GPF, can we remove it in the US ? (Except maybe CA....)

Jim

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    For those who may actually realize a financial gain with regard to Ferrari ownership, their stock is very attractively priced at this time. With the company’s extensive expansion plans, the RACE stock price can easily hit and exceed the 52 week high which is almost $20 more than at present.

25. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    I’m sure there are heroes in the forum that have driven their cars for more than 100.000 km!
    Those guys rock!! I want to be like them and I will just give me nice weather!
    Screw depreciation!

crazedboutcars and WM458 like this.