Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the SP2 makes so much more sense though, so much lost functionality in the sp1 for a measly 20kg weight saving? it's not worth it

also from the looks of it you could easily convert it to an SP1 by removing the seat and changing the panel

2. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It sounds like 60-70% of orders are SP2...SP1 is more unique, but I fear it will also be less appealing to the majority of buyers

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds likes this.
  3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    At $1.4M plus tax and not street legal (in the US) this is purely a collector car. In which case value is dominated by build quantity making SP1 the choice by far for the purpose. I just don't see many folks flogging their Monza at their local track when you know most will likely not even get driven keeping delivery miles. A car destined to collect dust and flat spot tires I'm afraid.

LARRYH and roma1280 like this.
  4. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The US is 30% of SP1/2 allocations...It is not the entire world and many US owners have bought cars to keep in Europe and take to events, shows etc. I intend to drive mine as much as the weather permits and I will not be too disappointed if the SP1 is more valuable

elmadi, F2003-GA, 635CSI and 4 others like this.
  5. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    I have a LOTUS340R, no roof etc.....

I made around 20,000 miles of road trips among others Ireland , Scotland etc....

You can imagine the weather conditions I faced many times..I was diving in a waterproof motorbike suit wearing a helmet...I have to admit that it did not bother me at all,,,,maybe I even enjoyed it...

The Alcantara seats resisted till now and there is a lot less electronic (dashboard etc)....today the car is a little bit "battered", but I got some fantastic moments....

I can not imagine to do this with a Monza....

I am even not talking about the Price difference (nothing to compare)but the car is not designed for it....

I imagine leaving a sunny morning and during the drive facing bad weather...

The place I live in the weather can change fast..

I am driving all my cars therefore I do have some "?"...

Do not get me wrong this car is masterpiece...I just wanted to share some thoughts with you...

And really sorry for my bad English ;-)

Tam

elmadi, Roland1688 and of2worlds like this.
  6. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I will definitely have a tonneau cover made for foul weather and would imagine a proper weatherproof cover will come with the SP1/2, but if not I'll have one made.

elmadi likes this.
  7. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    What is your plan with the Monza with regard to driving it? I know you drive your cars and their are garage queens so I am interested to hear what your plan is.

8. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I will use it for events in Europe, and possibly see if it can be approved for road use as a show - display car in the US or Canada (where I also own a home) because Ferrari is producing less than 500 Monza SP2 units and it meets current emissions laws in the US, which may allow it to be driven 2500 miles a year in the US. I won't attempt to do this unless someone else gets this model approved as a show - display vehicle first which makes the process sort of a cookie cutter process. I would also make sure Ferrari wouldn't object as I wouldn't want to be black listed on future Icona models.

elmadi, Makuono, F140C and 4 others like this.
  9. TAM340R

TAM340R Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    I will not put it on track just some nice driving in the mountains :)

Still not sure SP1 or 2...

T

of2worlds likes this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #886 of2worlds, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    George330 the black with a red interior Monza in post #878 has a certain effortless beauty to it. Any thoughts on a Monza color combination you might consider???

Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi and bwshihtzu like this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I have decided...it will be very special...Not saying anything yet until Ferrari approve the spec...Tailor made colour and interior.

elmadi, F2003-GA, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  12. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto

what is this? sorry if is a repost

13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Looks like a documentary about the creation of a new SP/One-off. Hard to tell if it's V12 or V8 based.

14. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I like the Nero on the outside and the car looks beautiful but I've never been a fan of red interiors. When I think about a Monza is always the Rosso 750 with a black interior.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  16. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Given that this car is splendid, in my opinion white and red don't look good together. they could opt for a red-black livery or choose another color for the saddlery

17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
  18. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    [​IMG]
    Photo by: Ferrari
    Visit of world-renowned volleyball champion, Ivan Zaytsev to maranello.

stavura, Jonathan19, maha and 4 others like this.
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I wonder if for the Monza builds they are using some of the same guys and girls who built the LaFerrari? Was that photograph in the same area of the factory where they had the LaFerrari assembly line?

NürScud likes this.
  20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I never noticed the small passenger windshield. Hard to tell what kind of support it has and wonder what it would be like with the car going flat out. For that matter, I don't think I would want to even stick my head out the window at over 200 mph!!

of2worlds likes this.