electronic ignition | FerrariChat

electronic ignition

Discussion in '308/328' started by Stephen B., Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stephen B.

Stephen B. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bailey
    Ok so I installed a PerTronix MR-182A electronic ignition on my 75 308 GT4. Followed the installation and wiring instructions very carefully. After installation went to start her up--no joy. Checked everything a couple more times but still no start in fact it's not even close to firing up. PerTronix product support has been way less than supportive dealing with this. My question is has anyone successfully installed this system and your car starts and runs as it should? Did you have to make any changes or modifications to the car other than what the instructions tell you to do? I'm really all out ideas on how to deal with this. I really would like to get mine running without having to flatbed it to my Ferrari mechanic and begging his forgiveness and have him try and figure this out. Thanks

2. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Do you have spark?

3. Stephen B.

Stephen B. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bailey
    Good question and I should have checked days ago. I'll hook my coils back up and check for spark. Simple things first right?

4. Stephen B.

Stephen B. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    Stephen Bailey
    As I suspected no spark. Coils have power and properly grounded. New Bosch red label coils by the way. Something just isn't right with this PerTronix system. It is supposedly designed for the 308 dual coils and dual dist. cars.

5. MFlanagan

MFlanagan Karting

Dec 21, 2016