1986 Mondial 3.2 fog light removal | FerrariChat

1986 Mondial 3.2 fog light removal

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mark C Harvey, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    My right side front fog light has a broken connection near the bulb . I am seeking advice on how to remove the front fog light/turn signal box so I can make an easy repair (impossible to fix with the light in place - ask me how I know). The fog light is combined with turn signals into a plastic box, and I am unable to see how to remove it. I don't think the clear fog-light lens is removable (no screws), although it would great to get it off and go in through the front. So far, I have removed the grill and fiberglass spoiler/under-tray. Do I also have to remove the bumper (surrounds the lights), just so I can access the back side of the lights?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
    I don't see instructions on the fog light. I would guess it's removal and a gentle pry of the housing toward the front?
    At least that's for the Mondial 8 and early Quat
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mark C Harvey likes this.
  3. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    #3 Mark C Harvey, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Update: There are two bolts beneath the turn signal lens that can be undone to release the box. However, even with these bolts removed the box appears to be jammed firmly into the bumper (no clearance top or bottom). Rather than risking putting too much pressure on removing the box (boxes are unobtainium) I am going to try again to repair the connection from the rear.

4. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  5. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    Thanks for the great photos. I thought about trying to stretch open the bumper a little to get the box out, but managed to repair the fog light with box in-place. It was tricky but it is all good now. For anyone else considering removing the box - be careful. These things are rare and pricey.

I will now repaint the fibreglass lower tray/spoiler and replace the foam insulation underneath the radiator and condensers. The old foam turns to dust on contact!