FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 9 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Brilliant qualifying lap from MB team - I do agree with this.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep. And it's nearly 8 tenths. We're not talking about a tenth or two here...it's 8 ****ing tenths. It's a HUGE margin.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And certainly not found over night... so all this "Ferrari is half a second faster" was just ******** and some people fell for it...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

F2003-GA and Bas like this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I expect teams to blow smoke. The real frustration is all the F1 coverage broadcasting the same Merc propaganda. It’s obsurd. I think Ferrari has enough problems with Italian media. They don’t need this too.

Bas and P.Singhof like this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  6. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Guys.... let’s face it. We’re all back on the emotional roller coaster. Hope and dreams will be shattered.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I knew Mercedes was sandbagging, but I did not expect the gap between the Merc and Ferrari to be this large. However, I am more surprised that Kubica is close to the 107% cutoff in Q1. Now I'm worried that some point this season Williams may not make the 107% cut as other teams develop the cars and they don't.

jgonzalesm6 and crinoid like this.
  8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yup, there the only team to go backwards when you compare 2019 vs 2018 on the same track. Does'nt look good.:oops:

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  9. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    If Claire and Co don’t have a fundimental change of philosophy and paradigm shift of logic they will disappear quick and for good. How she can keep up her distruction of the team is incomprehensible.

Finlander, BMW.SauberF1Team and Bas like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I think they're too late for any shift. Williams is hemorrhaging; too late to stop the bleeding.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. Some of us pay subscription to motorsport/autosport and other sites....what the **** for really? these guys are meant to be the real experts, supposedly our eyes and ears on the ground...If you're at the track, you can clearly see which car is fast, which car is holding back and so on. It really is quite obvious when you're there on the ground. Very hard to really see on a camera following a car. It's one of either 2 things: 1) they are completely inept at their job (why pay them for this information?) or 2) They are on the F1 payroll and need to pump everyone up trying to convince us there's an actual fight going on (again, why pay them then?).

If all they're saying is ''look Ferrari is fastest because timesheets''. Well **** I can work that out for myself. I want these guys' expert opinions. They are there. They are on the ground. They're supposedly been involved with racing for a big part of their life so supposed to know their ****....if they can't work out that a Mercedes isn't exactly as fast because they're heavy with fuel, then what the **** are they there for? I'm incredibly upset with them and feeding us complete and utter ********. There is not a chance an aero package upgrade would swing 1.5+ seconds advantage (Ferrari also brought some parts that would win them time, not taking in consideration here).

Every single journo that called Ferrari > .4 ahead of Mercedes is a fraud.

dflett, Picchu88, F2003-GA and 3 others like this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I could live with 3rd. But not by that much time.

Ferrari was behind all week. Not a good sign

dflett and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    They should've been Merc B team this year. use their suspension, gearbox etc. for at least 2 years. no shame in that. Keep the team alive, get halfway decent results (the odd points finish!), get some sponsors back on board, rebuild the team by hiring decent people so for 2021 they can have a go at becoming their own once again.

Better than be the laughing stock of the field and filing for bankruptcy. She's a joke and totally inept.

14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As I said, 2 tenths or so I could live with...salvageable.

Ferraripilot likes this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Right now i'm not sure if i'm gonna watch, this crap looks like 1991 all over again, Seb is Prost, lec is jean, and after blowing the entire field in winter testing the season was a real crap!!!

Bas likes this.
  16. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    That’s what I’m all about this year. Who is going to bag third? Rooting for Haas. ‘Merica

RWatters likes this.
  17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    In one of the pre season interview Claire talks about how important her job is to preserve the team and at a team meeting was saying that they would never be a factory B team. She is more focused on preserving the past than ensuring a future. Furthermore what is preserving the past anyway? Make a Museum, shut up and MAKE A FUTURE. Is not a future MORE Critical Claire ?!?!

stavura, Ferraripilot and Bas like this.
  18. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!

Let’s not go off the deep end and into the ether just yet. 8 tenths at this funky track is what it is at a funky track. That said, Mercedes proved their ‘red doomsday button’ is one massive and terrifying red button.

In the meantime, what in the world Honda? Was all that hype just lip service?

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    they already have the museum. The team will be bankrupt before long. No one wants to invest in a team that could be beaten by an F2 car. All those 100s of peoples jobs, their families....apparently less important than her proving a point to her dad she is ready to run a team. She isn't and never will be. That became clearer than ever last year when she made a big fuss about some managing nobody at the team not wearing ''claire approved clothing'' and she had the nerve to write an email about it...and ask one of her underlings if that was alright before sending! Face it Claire this isn't a fashion show and when your team is already in dire straits that's the least of your f'in worries! Her entire presence in the team, F1, pisses me off. Useless ****.

crinoid likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well lets see at Bahrain then...if still behind at the same margins, we have reason enough to complain/whinge/cry.

Honda? Not sure what you mean. They said they where on Renaults/bit better level engine and they are proven right. Same time behind Mercedes as last year, and this time they beat one Ferrari to boot (forget the inept Gasly at the wheel of the other car).

crinoid likes this.
  21. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well, I didn't! :D
    I'll keep saying that Ferrari never will be World Champion, as long as Mercedes is in the game. The Italians don't have an answer to the German/English efficiency! And they will never have it, unfortunately.

william likes this.
  22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    [​IMG]

stavura likes this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    ATBNM3, nsxrebel and stavura like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Found this from Mark Webber:

Combine that with Claire's soft attitude and it's no surprise the team is ****ed.