Buy an Alfa 8C Competizione now | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Buy an Alfa 8C Competizione now

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by DWR46, Mar 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Thank you, one and all !!

2. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Agree with you completely. 399 miles - obviously in a collection.
    The coupe definitely has the better profile with the curving rear quarter similar to the old Talbot Lago T150's.
    However the Spider is extremely 'cool' to drive with the open cockpit giving you all of the noise.

3. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    Congrats! I just sent DWR46 the factory build sheet for your car. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about the 8C.

They are different colors: Rosso Competizione on the 8C is color code 202/B, while Rosso Competizione on the Giulia and Stelvio is color code 361/B. The 8C is also hand-painted.

Having driven both back-to-back on track, I also find the Spider to be a better drive, thanks to several technical differences.

4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Thanks again!

If anyone is aware of other 8Cs that might be available (low miles preferred), please PM me :)

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    A few months ago we received some 8C parts to refinish. I had never heard of the car prior so I looked up some images. Love it. I have a Maserati GT for a DD 6 months of the year. I said to myself "I should get one of these". That was before I learned they are $350K :)

Here is a thread on refinshing:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/alfa-romeo-8c-sticky-refinishing.589071/

We recently did the climate control panel for a client in the UK so we now have the silver metallic color match. We also will be refinishing the complete interiors of 2 cars very soon so we will post much more details :)

6. ItalianMarcus

ItalianMarcus Rookie

Mar 26, 2012
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Marcus
  7. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    $350k today ............. I can see more upside on the value of these masterpieces.

8. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Will be interesting to see how much this one goes for. 40,000 plus miles, Glickenhaus' car. As some of you know, he had no qualms about driving it during the cold snowy NY winter seasons.

Estimate at $200k-$250k. If it goes low, it may bring the asking prices of some of the $300k plus ones more down to earth.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25221/lot/159/

9. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I'm curious to see where this ends up- its a one off color and was the first to be brought into the US, I wonder if either of those points will negate some of the mileage.

10. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    40,000 miles on this modern drivetrain is nothing. Somebody may get an amazing bargain, and adding a few thousand miles per year will have no effect on the future value. These cars are fabulous to drive and you can drive this car with no fears.

jimmyb likes this.
  11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The 8C is absolutely gorgeous.

Jonathan19 and werewolf like this.
  12. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Wow !!!!

13. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    The 8C at Bonhams with 40,000 miles on it just hammered at $184K

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That’s soft!! Sign of the times?

15. eric

eric Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2001
    Albion, CA
    $206K with premium. Maybe not soft so much as a reflection of the market for cars with miles? As others have noted, a great deal for a car well maintained and updated in many aspects from the origianl This one has CC brakes, and the coupe only came offered with steel. I recall reading posts from Jim in past about other work his team had done to tighten thigns up in the rear. Hmm, time to take mine out for a jaunt and keep workign to get to that many miles.

16. DWR46

DWR46 Formula 3
    Honorary

Jun 19, 2012
    I looked at Jim's car at Bonhams. Without doubt, well maintained, but also well used. Cosmetics showed every one of the 40,000 miles. Lots of rock chips, scratches and nicks. Dash was badly sun bleached on the carbon fiber and I am not sure how to fix that. All said and done, still a good buy if someone spends a few thousand to repair the cosmetics. Lots of miles left in the car, and little worry of depreciation. Somebody did well.

17. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    bumping an old thread ... cuz i still love this car :)

NYC Fred and Tenney like this.