Introducing my new to me F12 | FerrariChat

Introducing my new to me F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Pazzo009, Mar 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Hi everyone, so I ended up pulling the trigger. A month or so ago I posted a thread seeking some insight from other's. I took everyones sentiment's into consideration and found one to my liking. It's a 2017 with 1200 miles. I parted with my 458 and GT3...the GT3 will be sorely missed.

Awaiting wheels and exhaust mods....

Just out of curiosity, I'm experiencing an engine whine that matches RPM. Is this an intrinsic issue of the car or should I bring it to the dealer? It's not very loud, it's faint... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

obar, Enzo Belair, Oz-ATL and 15 others like this.
  2. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    CONGRATS! Beautiful spec, well done. You are going to love it.

Thecadster likes this.
  3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Belt noise?

SV

4. 'Trust'

'Trust' Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 31, 2012
    Love the spec. I rented one in Las Vegas and drove to the Hoover Dam and the national park out there. Was an epic drive. Fantastic car

5. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Could be...It can be heard inside or outside. Or it just could be how F12's are. I haven't experienced another F12

6. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats and gorgeous car. The GT3 although a great car will be long forgotten sooner than you think....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ferrariski

Ferrariski Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    John
    Small world — I called that very dealer yesterday at 5:45pm to see if this grigio titano F12 was available. Spoke to a Greg who said it is. Told him I’ll see him tomorrow. Drove from Boston (5 hours) today, waited, to be told the car is no where to be seen - since it was sold couple days ago. Was planning to leave a deposit, pay and pick up on Monday. The Greg in question was delivering a Maserati and although our paths crossed, he didn’t say hi or apologize. Calvin the GM did, invited for diner (had to pass) and showed us other cars of interest. It wasn’t all a waste.

Congratulations Pazzo009. Enjoy it in the best of health. I saw a white GT3RS upstairs; might have been yours.

of2worlds and LightGuy like this.
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations it's a lovely car and the pictures are really artistic. I'm certain you'll enjoy it has much as I've been enjoying mine more and more with the passing of time.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Enjoy your new ride! Not intrinsic to answer your question.

10. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Hi, thank you very much.

That really sucks, I would have been irate. I luckily did not deal with Greg, but based on what you're saying I doubt he will excel in that line of work. Calvin however was professional and a gentleman. I sincerely hope you find the right car for you. If you're not already aware, CarGurus is a good site that aggregates a lot more listings.

The white GT3RS was not mine. However if you went upstairs, I assume you stood in awe of the matte white TDF.

Ferrariski likes this.
  11. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Hi, thank you also.... Okay, I suppose I will have to bring it to a dealer. I took it out last night and that sound is definitely there. Even my wife noticed it when I pointed it out, so I'm not imagining things.

I'm also feeling a slight vibration under aggressive acceleration. It seems like it's coming from the Universal joint going into the rear diff, or it's in the rear diff itself. Again, this could just be how the car is. I have nothing to compare it to.

Other than that, it's such a beautiful car. It's a piece of art...fast art

12. Ferrariski

Ferrariski Rookie

Feb 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi. It’s all good. Congrats once again. Greg was indeed a gentleman. He saved the day and I would go back for other cars. The opaque white tdf was indeed a stunner. So was the masterfully specced 812 next to it.

13. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Congrats on the F12. Looks great!

Re the whine, it is probably the oil cooler pump. It is more noticeable on some F12s than others.

My F12 has a noisy one and after a bit of toing and frying with Ferrari they agreed to change it but said there was no guarantee the new pump would be any quieter. Fortunately for me it was.

14. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Great spec, you will love your F12.. take it in get it checked out and sorted.. Enjoy it in good health!

Pazzo009 likes this.
  15. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Looks like it is lowered as well.. nice.

16. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Congrats (late) !

Right color. Right seats. Right wheels. Why change? If you’re selling the wheels lmk.

Sorry about the noise. Agree with oil pump issue. Drive a couple and it varies by car. Mine does not make that noise.

Still under warranty as it’s a 17?

Good luck drive it well.
    More pictures. More pictures.

Scotts

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Interesting what you are both saying. I will definitely mention it. I couldn't find any posts or information of this issue. But thank you for the insight.

Thank you...I had ADV1's on my 458 and I loved them. They fit the F12 but unfortunately the offsets in the rear are different and I have to get 2 rears made. After I get them, I will powder coat them dark and install. You'll see my render and I assume you'll see why I want them on the F12.

Yes it's a 17, under warranty.

Y. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I still say nothing beats Pininfarina design.

Ferrariski and Solid State like this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Are you sure that “whine” isn’t just the mechanical noise of gears and cams and such...it is a “noisy” engine right there just forward of the dash.
    Mine has always made a “mechanical sound.”

LARRYH likes this.
  20. monkiboy48

monkiboy48 Rookie

Feb 22, 2012
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Mine has the same whine. I attribute it to mechanical engine noise. I purchased the extended 2 year warranty from Ferrari and they literally took apart the entire engine to make sure everything was ok with multiple test drives before handing the keys over. I am sure it is fine but doesn’t hurt to ask the dealer to have a service technician check it out.

Congrats and enjoy!

The acceleration and noise is life changing!

21. Itzkirb

Itzkirb F1 Veteran

Apr 30, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Kirby
    Looks great! Congrats!

22. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    Congrats! Great looking car.

23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Stunning F12, amazing spec.

24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    congratulations on the new F12... I love mine I bought new in 2015..they are great cars...

25. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C