458 - 458 noise | FerrariChat

458 458 noise

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pckau, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pckau

pckau Rookie

Jan 12, 2014
    I own a 458 spider. I have been getting some very annoying, dice rolling like sound when the car drives over slight bumps or bumping road. The noise seems to come from under the dashboard and right behind the foot pedals. I also feel there are parts loosening and hitting the back of the bottom of the dashboard behind the foot pedals.

Anyone got any idea what this could be? I took it to the dealer and they can’t seem to find the problem. But it’s really annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Roof open I assume - body flex/scuttle shake call it what you will.

Damned annoying, it gives the car character!

3. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Mine has other weird parasitic sounds. No matter, dealer, drive with the mechanic inside, point the crazy sounds and tell them to fix.
    Easy. I waited for my car for almost three months while they could find all of the faults but now they are fixed and all is good.

Since it’s a spider and not CF chassis I can imagine if I go to the crappy Italian roads again I will come back with more crazy noises but hey... go for a marathon and let’s see if you don’t put a cramp or two.