488 - 488 exhaust, tune, valve switch installed | FerrariChat

488 488 exhaust, tune, valve switch installed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jyupitt, Mar 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    Hi guys,

Just want to share a quick review on a few parts that were installed recently.

Capristo catless Downpipe + Fi valvetronic muffler + forza switch + capristo cel eliminator

Goal of this setup is achieve a higher pitched tone and ability to switch on / off the valve. First impression this setup is super quiet from the inside. I think it might be more quiet than stock with the valve closed. Even With the valve open, you really have to open the window to hear the exhaust. But from the outside, it is noticeably louder and more aggressive. I’ve included a link to the sound. Steve from forza and Alex from tag helped me with the parts and they are very professional. Highly recommend them.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHFVS-Aq85/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ve37479mza99

Novitec piggyback tune

I’ve tuned all my turbo cars with either custom flash tune and piggyback. I have to say I am very happy with the novitec tune so far. It is stock like smooth, and noticeably stronger when you punch it. The power delivery is linear and reliable. I break traction in 3rd gear if I want to, but everything is predictable, unlike some of the tunes I had before where the the power comes on abruptly and sometimes inconsistent in delivery.

Overall I’m very happy with this setup, it is civilized when you want it to be and a monster when you are ready to have some fun. No error codes, no issues, what more can I ask for. :)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SVR likes this.
  2. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    vipertestarossa and saraojo like this.
  3. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks for posting, sounds awesome. What year is your 488? When I purchased my Novitec valveless exhaust from TAG Motorsports for my 2019, I was considering a cat delete as well, but they said they were having difficulties with the Novitec Techtronic (for eliminating CEL with cat delete). Apparently it was malfunctioning on customer 2018 and 2019 488s and Novitec didn’t have a fix at the time. I imagine the Capristo device functions very similarly, and was just curious what model year you have and if TAG recommended the Capristo CEL elimination device to you.

Thanks!

-Luke

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    Hi luke,

My 488 is 2017 and the capristo cel eliminator works well. The check engine light would come on from time to time for a brief second and the eliminator makes it disappear right away.
    I purchased the eliminator from tag.
    Hope this helps.

5. lukeb817

lukeb817 Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    Cincinnati, OH
    Thank you! Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. Bob Sullivan

Bob Sullivan Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Great Falls, VA
    Full Name:
    Dr. R. A. Sullivan

7. Bob Sullivan

Bob Sullivan Karting

Aug 18, 2005
    Great Falls, VA
    Full Name:
    Dr. R. A. Sullivan
    Very nice but how do these changes/additions affect your warranty?

8. jyupitt

jyupitt Karting

Jul 14, 2015
    Nyc/Nj
    Never had an issue with warranties. I have been modding every exotic I have owned.