Anyone track their Pista yet? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anyone track their Pista yet?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by red308, Mar 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    Adam has coached several of the current IMSA drivers, as well as myself, and I'd put him far above chris harris. Further, he is also a factory driver, or was in the past.

2. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Just imagine how unfair it would be if Porsche had a carbon tub!

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    So everyone else's opinion on the car doesn't count? LOL.

4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    The most important opinion is from the person buying the car, all others are just tofu.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #30 Shadowfax, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Don't think anyone is arguing that. My point was made in the context of racers and their expert opinion (on the characteristics of the Pista and, how it drives). Seems some here are now playing on one solitary opinion as being more valid than anyone else's, as it may suit their cause I suspect.;)

Similar is the case with 2rs taking out second spot. Should one manufacturer be blamed for taking the race seriously? They all had the same options available. Porsche just takes it more seriously than the others - hence why it wins and sets record times. And it doesn't seem to need all the fancy CF tub tech to do it either lol.

6. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I should've known it was you. I sent a video via text to you.

7. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    No, I don't recall saying that at all, so my apologies if my response was at all confusing to you. What Adam is, that the others are not, is impartial; he has no bias or worry about biting the hand that feeds him. I've driven with Adam, so I know his capabilities, and respect him for that, while the others I have no first hand experience with, so maybe they are great, maybe not, no direct knowledge.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #33 Shadowfax, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    No not confused a all. What you have are merely the words/opinion of a racer you've had some personal experience with - that's all. I can understand the need to preserve his opinion as being better than the next persons - as he is a favored acquaintance of sorts - but making comments presuming all other (racers) opinions on the Pista are in some way tainted, therefore automatically of less value, without providing any proof whatsoever to support that claim other than innuendo, is quite absurd.

Take Harris as a recent example - an Englishman reviewing an British car on British soil - (in the video reviewing the on track performance of the 600lt).
    Harris went about articulating his driving impressions, identifying the lag issues of the Mac engine and how that affected the mid corner, unleashed other remarks which could be viewed as less than favorable about the model range and Brand in general, and it didn't seem to bother him!

Harris never mentioned anything about Pista having an overly soft suspension in his Vid and I'm sure if he felt it did he would've had no problem calling it out! Same applies to most others, none who've mentioned anything of the likes. So to place the opinion of a friend over all others as being the only opinion worthy of value, suggesting in that process all others are unworthy/untrustworthy due to their fear of "biting the hand" doesn't hold water.

9. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    What happened with the other cars? LaF, 918, 720s...

10. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    My hunch is if they fitted both the LaFerrari and the 918 with the current generation Cup 2 R and Trofeo R tires, they will easily beat everything else except the Senna probably.

11. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Didn't send the 720S around, and the others were a no show.

12. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Fun day out - there were 3 Pistas there
    Thought the Pista was great to drive and was easily able the pass the F12TDF and 812s - however it was more of a fun day and it was cold so people weren't really pushing the cars

Regarding the times I would say on the same tyres the Pista would have beaten the GT2RS - but equally there some setup issue with the Porsche so who really knows

btw I'm not a fan of the Senna but it sure did look incredibly fast

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

kandi, Roland1688, willcrook and 8 others like this.
  13. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Thanks for sharing. That is quite the facility. I have never been there but just the garages look awesome. Are those CF wheels on the Pistas?

14. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Only mine had the CF wheels
    Sorry forgot to post the picture of the 3rd car there
    One thing I would say though is that ppt is a must on the Pista - there is so much exposed cf on the leading edges

There are more pictures on my IG page trax_x

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Nice. I checked out the IG pics. Wow! Not sure how many of those cars are yours but just beautiful. Some great pics. First closeup I have seen of the CF wheels.

16. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    It was interesting to see the Pista involved in the shoot out itself, the one Trax has the pic of going down the straight with the alloy coloured wheels.

It was been driven on the day by Andy B the owner (not in the shoot out) and he passed a Huracan Performante quite easily, he also passed JK from Jamiroquai in his GT2RS and JK is supposed to be a very quick driver.

The only slight disappointment for me was the sound of the Pista, it was OK but when the SVJ went past it was another league.

Still cannot wait for mine to land next month though, they look epic in the flesh and also blasting down the straights at Silverstone.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Great ride along vid of COTA, amazing track!

18. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    Times are as follows for the Senna, 2Rs, SVJ:

1:06.38
    1:08.54
    1:10.90 (Corsas)

19. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014
    Why wasnt the pista included in the shootout, seems like a perfect shootout?

20. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    #45 Fixer03, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    It was he just decided to leave off his video for some strange reason.

Maybe he was trying to prove something as he has a Senna and kept referring to the ring times of the others.

Shadowfax and hanz like this.
  21. Fixer03

Fixer03 Karting

Nov 1, 2015
    Sorry when I said not in the shoot out I meant Andy B was not driving it was Oliver Webb.

It was Andy's car that Oliver drove in the shoot out.

hanz likes this.
  22. Trax

Trax Formula 3

May 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Its was, as were the Perfrormante and the Mono - but I presume the organisers are doing their own video so he could show a few of the cars
    The Senna was obviously the fastest but the GT2RS only just beat the Pista and it was basically on race rubber
    They also ran the 488Challenge which I think only just beat the Senna
    I don't like the look of the Mclaren but you have to admit its impressive for a road car to lap at the same speed as the 488Challenge

tekaefixe, Makuono, willcrook and 2 others like this.
  23. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Isn't that RS tuned? A meaningless exercise then, especially since the J was on Corsas, while the Senna on Trofeo Rs and the souped up Porsche on Cup 2 Rs...

24. hanz

hanz Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2014
    any idea of the time it achieved?
    looked like an epic day regardless !!

25. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    Just a quick note on this. The setup was the mildest one, more for more even tire wear and to take the weirdness of oem handling than anything else. And the car was out of alignment enough to tend to the right.
    Had it been the tight track aligment they offer, the delta wouldn't had been 2 and something seconds off.
    Plus it's not unfair at all. Porsche offers from factory suspension parts that are adjustable like a proper track car should, so you use it.
    Pista will do great with cup r, but I'd like to see a GT2 RS MR going in this mix with a Senna.

Shadowfax and of2worlds like this.