Bahrain 2019 - Pre-Race news | FerrariChat

Bahrain 2019 - Pre-Race news

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Mar 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Interesting strategy from Ric there?

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Or a crapshot?

Bas likes this.
  4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I mean the first time he'll likely use the tyre is in the race? Doesn't make much sense.

Top teams not using the hard tyre, 2 stop is preferable here. So Soft Medium Soft would be my favourite strat.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    stavura and daytona355 like this.
  6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Abiteboul--> Whatta-tool. Kinda has a nice ring to it.;)

E60 M5, stavura, daytona355 and 4 others like this.
  7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    :D:D:D

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    vey dumb move from Cyril, very dumb indeed...

stavura, crinoid, william and 2 others like this.
  9. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    Makes absolutely no sense to throw him under the bus so quickly. I wonder if it's deflection to take pressure off of him? They aren't performing at a level you'd expect such a big car company to perform at.

william likes this.
  10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

At the risk of being accused of stereotyping, I am not too surprised by Abiteboul statement.
    It's a new method, in France apparently, to be very direct and blunt in making statement.
    According to my French friend, this is now taught in management schools.
    No doubt Ricciardo will feel chastised by the experience, but Marko at RB may have said the same behind closed doors.
    If Daniel needs a shoulder to cry one say, Abiteboul is not the one to offer it.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's very french indeed, not the right way to do it. Ricciardo is a proven driver. No reason to publicly call out his driver.

stavura, daytona355 and william like this.
  12. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    one outlet reporting on this alleged interview and statement? likely absolutely nothing to in and completely out of context.
    Abiteboul is no fool and would not round-house-kick insult Ricciardo and with Hulkenberg all in one go after the first weekend of a year on a freak track that has no meaning for the rest of the season. I give that report 0 credibility.

subirg and Nembo1777 like this.
  13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

This is Autosport report - Renault F1 managing director Cyril Abiteboul admitted that Ricciardo's first event with the team had been "a weekend mainly of lows", but added "we know that we can make it so much better and so much easier if we get things right in qualifying".

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142219/ricciardo-drained-by-home-gp-promo-workload

14. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    Exactly. There you have it, Abiteboul says about the GP weekend "a weekend of lows" and then there is some aborted self-referencing to make it look like he said it in the context of Ricci in particular... Have you dealt with media? I have quite a bit and initially I tried to fight the BS and at some point you just let go. There will always be the confused guys that shouldn't be in writing industry and there are always the ones that catch attention and make up nonsense for no apparent reason other than writing. Those articles above give many clickts, a measure of success in today's media landscape.
    I recommend move on and ignore mad journalism. If you come across a TV interview where Abiteboul rants about Ricci proper, that's different. Print media is fairly dangerous.

15. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Cyril is one of my least favorite people in F1. I do not have many. He needs to look inward at his complete failure to get Renault's reliability under control. Their engines are still a complete joke, both in power and reliability. Let's also mention the embarrassing loss of a long time partner which was all HIS doing.

jgonzalesm6, Finlander and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1 fully agree. I absolutely despise him.

17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He was doing well, but he has peaked and going backwards. Look at how quickly Honda improved in one season with RB; Renault's power units have made no such progress. He's making all of Renault look like a pack of plonkers.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I am not defending Abiteboul for one second, but the job of team principal at Renault F1 is one of the least enviable management position you can get.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Who do you like in F1 ?

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I agree, they’ll have closed all the fiddles down to stop you getting any under the table cash anymore, and they’ve put a ban on people calling bribes ‘Carlos cash’, and if you pinch a few nuts and bolts, they are eagle eyed these days. :) :)

Please explain why being team principal of a major manufacturers F1 team is such a bad deal?, lots of cash, play with grid girls when you like, free cars, first class travel? I’d do it in a heartbeat, and I wouldn’t buy a Renault/Nissan/whatever other crap they make if my life depended on it

21. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Weird question?

Kimi, Max, Vettel, Kubica, Ric, Leclerc Hulk, Kmag and kvyat for the drivers. Of the top of my head for non drivers Horner, Berger, Steiner, Szafnauer. Binotto is very quiet but no reason to dislike him.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Renault F1 engines are based in Viry-Chatillon, South of Paris.

The Renault F1 team is in Enstone, UK.

In view of the different locations, I am not quite sure if Abiteboul can be responsible for both

23. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    He is Managing Director for Renault Sport Racing the HQ is in Viry-Chatillon, which makes him responsible for both.

Here is talking about it in an interview last year.

CA: We have two facilities with distinct purposes and histories. In Enstone, it's about modernising and going forward. Amongst several projects, we have acquired new machine tools, the composite department has moved forward a great deal, a paint shop area was created, CFD facilities came on line and we have built new working environments to accommodate our burgeoning workforce. We have recruited over 100 people in the past year, with some very respected names joining the ranks. More will join us over the coming months.

The stability of Viry gives us a platform on which we can build and go forward. We have a streamlined team with effective practices and management that allow us to produce power units that are capable of challenging for wins. The best endorsement for the quality of the engine is that Red Bull Racing and McLaren have chosen Renault.

I am also pleased to see that the two sides are working better and better together. The best example came in Abu Dhabi at the last race of the season; we knew we had a hard task to finish in sixth, but Viry and Enstone functioned as one, mobilised exceptionally well, and got the job done

Bas and william like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    E60 M5 and 375+ like this.