488 Spider or F8 Tributo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Spider or F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Yang Yang, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rrr1

Rrr1 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rrr1
    Buy a 458 speciale - you won’t lose a dime and it’ll be a start of a collection

2. elevated velocity

Feb 9, 2019
    I’d wait for the F8. 720hp is a lot of HP for the price of 488 (almost)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Buy a good 360 Spider ,cheap as chips nowadays depreciation should not be an issue now,just enjoy and drive.Order the F8 Spider.

Caphill and elevated velocity like this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Want a discount ? Try Honda NSX.

6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    No way buy new.
    I’m not a fan of 488 at all, so maybe I won’t like the Fate either.
    Since you said you love it, buy a used one for <$300k as a spider. Easy to do, just call around. Far too much supply.
    You will lose $30-50k selling back to dealer in a putative state like CA. But maybe you keep it.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #32 Shadowfax, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    I'd have to agree with you for once. To buy new at this stage in the game is basically willingly and knowingly committing financial suicide. I'm not sure how the pricing works your way but out here you would be feeding 150K straight into the shredder by ordering new....most likely even more....that is if you can even get someone to buy it at 150K off....which I have my doubts. Also can't see the situation changing if ever.....could even get worse. Losing only 30 to 50k is a pipe dream..

Ash Patel likes this.
  8. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I agree this. So maybe I’m gonna choose a used one with a reasonable price.

9. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    Well said. I think I’m gonna wait the F8 and buy a spider with reasonable price.

10. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    Not sure which planet some of these ppl live in. The 488 spider market is pretty solid here in the US. Like some ppl saying above, I would pick a good value used Spider now, and ask them to save you an F8 Spider allocation later so you can order it when the time comes. In the US market, for the first timer to order a F8 Spider, you probably won't get it in less than 2 years.

11. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    How many of you have already made a $10k intention payment for getting a F8 Tributo?

12. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Where are you located? Here in Sweden my dealer won't even tell me anything about a pre-payment to secure one.... Do you know the starting price?

13. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I lived in Seattle for now. And I will go to LA to pay that payment, so they can put me on the list of ordering F8. And I have no idea what’s the base price, I guess maybe 270k to 300k.

Ash Patel likes this.
  14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Should this thread title be changed so as not to distract from the main Tributo thread ?

15. WLFerrari

WLFerrari Karting

Mar 17, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    All cars depreciate, so if you want a new 488 ordered to your spec just do it. It doesn’t matter whether it is a 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 - they will depreciate just less so for the most recent year. If you are waiting for the F8, you are at least 2 or 3 years out to be eligible and to take delivery of the car. There is significant difference between a 458 and 488. As there will be a difference between an F8 and a 488.

16. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    My salesman sent me a message that they just received the update for configuration of F8 Tributo but still no pricing as yet.

Ash Patel likes this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    If you ultimately want an F8 Spider and are obsessed with depreciation then get a 458 Spider now and put yourself on the list for the F8 Spider with an agreement to sellback. If you've never owned a modern Ferrari then I would say there is too little difference for you between the turbo 488 Spider and the turbo F8 Spider to warrant the extra depreciation of any other option besides just waiting. Best.

18. Michaelw488

Michaelw488 Karting

Mar 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Michael W
    I don’t think from ferrari dealer, shop exotic car dealers u will find a very low mileage car at back of sticker!

19. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    While, I asked three dealerships nearby LA. All of them said that there won’t be any discount on a Ferrari, so I decided to order a F8, although I need to wait much longer, I don’t want to lose to much money.

20. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    I might sound rude but you will understand later. This isn't the right way to shop for an F8.

21. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    So what else should I do? For now the base price of a 488 Spider is still 295K, that’s not a reasonable price for now. I would rather wait much longer to get a F8.

22. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    When ordering the newest and hottest ferrari V8's you will need some sort of relationship to be able to get in front of the line. In Southern California only gets worse because the F dealers here are hotter than ever in recent years. In the ferrari world, it's ok that you don't have buying history or relationship with the dealer, but you should build some at least. It's hard to explain but keep calling and asking for discounts certainly don't help. If you get "lucky", some sales might tell you that they would get you an F8 and you will be in the front of the line, be careful, he might just have lied to you.
    I mean, money isn't everything, the relationship isn't everything neither. if you somehow put them together and work on it. You will enjoy the whole experience better with Ferrari.

23. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

"reasonable price"

You should really make sure you are ready to own and drive a Ferrari. Ask how much an oil change is. The word reasonable does not apply.

24. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    They are deals to be done, but discounts....lol... even if there was, I doubt anyone will put their hands up to admit so...

Shadowfax likes this.
  25. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    You misunderstand what I just posted. I mean that price for a 488 Spider is not reasonable after F8 is announced. Even if the starting price of a F8 is increased to 30K, I will not say it’s not reasonable. But the price of a old model doesn’t change after a new model comes out. I will not buy not even I loved it so much.

Shadowfax likes this.